The Student Room Group

Biden’s poor polling prompts progressive plotting

Et tu Brute?

Whilst i dont doubt theres more than a little palace intrigue going on, the idea of Warren or the walking corpse that is Sanders (pipe down those who would raise the issue of Bidens being a geriatric, the point stands) being able to stage a coup in 2024 seems risible. At least one can only hope so anyway, especially for the former, who seems to be about on a par with Clinton in her likability.

Onm a broader point though, it would be interesting to see who came up trumps, as it were, in a battle between the 'progressive' wing of that party and the normal part. After all, they got a damn good kicking at the last set of elections/primaries (whatever the yanks call them) but given the shifting of the sands thanks to post Trump and Covid i doubt itll be quite so clear cut.

Either way, who ever succeeds Biden is unfortunately going to be able to claim kudos for his, shall we say, financial largesse. building roads, schools and bridges etc. tends to win votes but not for the person who actually enabled them usually. So the real question is who will be getting the credit to ride home on? The GOP or Democrats? If current polling is anything to go by, well, Trump might yet have a legacy, outside of ******** on Obama's, if he weasels his way back in.

President Joe Biden was never the Left’s top choice to lead the Democratic Party in 2020, and now that he is suffering from a prolonged bout of political weakness, they are weighing a challenge to him in 2024.
“It’s definitely something that’s brewing under the surface,” Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders 2020 presidential campaign chairwoman Nina Turner recently told Hanna Trudo. “It’s called the anxiety of the American people, which is causing this scramble in political bubbles about what the possibilities can be.”
Trudo, who covers the Left full time, added, “A sizable faction of progressives believe Biden should be doing more to deliver economic and social relief for working and middle-class people and that those same demographic groups could be searching for an alternative well ahead of November 2024.”
With approval numbers worse than Biden’s, the Left is not looking at Vice President Kamala Harris as their replacement candidate. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s corporate consultant background also makes his candidacy a nonstarter.

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Sanders are both possibilities, but Sanders strategist Chuck Roa tells Trudo they may not be the right demographic for the modern Democratic Party.
“Old-school progressives, old white liberals, are a part of the coalition,” Rocha told Trudo. “But the majority of the coalition looks like 'the Squad.' It’s people of color. It’s younger people. It’s really around environmental justice, social justice, and, most importantly, economic populism.”
The only name Trudo identifies with both the policy credentials and the star power needed to raise hundreds of millions online from small-dollar donors is Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
A Democratic primary challenge to a sitting Democratic president is not without precedent. As recently as 1980, Massachusetts Sen. Ted Kennedy attempted to wrest the party’s nomination from a similarly unpopular Democratic incumbent unable to control inflation.
With a new Harvard poll of young voters showing even a majority of this overwhelmingly Democratic group disapprove of Biden’s job as president, it might just be time for Democrats to start looking for a 2024 alternative.

Biden’s poor polling prompts progressive plotting (msn.com)

Scroll to see replies

Obama doesn't have a legacy other than Isis and giving millions of dollars to Iran.
Also there is no "normal" part of the democrat party. They are all insane freaks apart from Joe Manchin who is obviously a Trump plant.

The dems are screwed and have bit off more than they can chew. Biden literally has dementia. Harris is about as popular as Jimmy Saville. A red wave is coming and no amount of censorship and lies can save them.

Screenshot_2021-08-16-12-32-16-46_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

They've got two choices. Either put out a radical like AOC as candidate and lose the white vote and trash the economy even more . Or put out someone like buttiigege and lose the minority vote, and hopefully radicalise the GOP further...

As a Trump fanatic I can only watch on in glee. My only hope is that the MAGA movement purges the GOP of all the RINOs, grifters and fakers and puts in place ultraconservative American First candidates. Praise God We appear to be making good progress on that count. At this rate, by 2024 Trump will be considered a "moderate" republican! :biggrin:

You may have won the battle liberals, but we've won the war.

Screenshot_2021-08-16-12-24-11-55_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg
Reply 2
Original post by Starship Trooper
Obama doesn't have a legacy other than Isis and giving millions of dollars to Iran.

That was Bush...

Also there is no "normal" part of the democrat party. They are all insane freaks apart from Joe Manchin who is obviously a Trump plant.

Maybe but that does strike both ways, with the Republicans havibng banished any sane individual into political purgatory for the vermin like Green et al.

The dems are screwed and have bit off more than they can chew. Biden literally has dementia. Harris is about as popular as Jimmy Saville. A red wave is coming and no amount of censorship and lies can save them.

Totally took that to mean communists for a second, or europeans as the Americans like to call them. He might be a doddery ol;d fool but at least hes an inoffensive one compared to his compatriots though, a compromise candidate if ever there was one.

They've got two choices. Either put out a radical like AOC as candidate and lose the white vote and trash the economy even more . Or put out someone like buttiigege and lose the minority vote, and hopefully radicalise the GOP further...

Lol thats a way to undo all their progress in Texas in a flash :rofl:

As a Trump fanatic I can only watch on in glee. My only hope is that the MAGA movement purges the GOP of all the RINOs, grifters and fakers and puts in place ultraconservative American First candidates. Praise God We appear to be making good progress on that count. At this rate, by 2024 Trump will be considered a "moderate" republican! :biggrin:

You may have won the battle liberals, but we've won the war.

What is a RINO sdorry, cant say ive come across that acronym yet?
Agree to disagree on Trump, his being engaged in international terror rather disabused me of any warm feelings from his attempt at reproachment with Moscow.
That he will :lol: Doesnt speak wonders for the state of the US when a certified pervert and lunatic is considered 'normal' :rolleyes:
Original post by Napp
That was Bush...

Maybe but that does strike both ways, with the Republicans havibng banished any sane individual into political purgatory for the vermin like Green et al.

Totally took that to mean communists for a second, or europeans as the Americans like to call them. He might be a doddery ol;d fool but at least hes an inoffensive one compared to his compatriots though, a compromise candidate if ever there was one.

Lol thats a way to undo all their progress in Texas in a flash :rofl:

What is a RINO sorry, cant say ive come across that acronym yet?

Pretty sure Bush didn't sign the Iran Deal. Agree that Bush and Obama are both to blame for Isis.

MTG is alright. A bit too left wing for me. She should never have apologised for comparing mandatory vaccinations to the Holocaust.

The guys inoffensive sure to a degree but it doesnt matter because he's a puppet.

Not sure what you're on about RE Texas?

Republican In Name Only (RINO) - originally exclusively for moderates like McCain and Romney -:now is used widely for any Anti Trumpers like Liz Cheney, Mitch McConnell, the Bush family and other neoCon detritus...
Reply 4
Pretty sure Bush didn't sign the Iran Deal. Agree that Bush and Obama are both to blame for Isis.

MTG is alright. A bit too left wing for me. She should never have apologised for comparing mandatory vaccinations to the Holocaust.

The guys inoffensive sure to a degree but it doesnt matter because he's a puppet.

Not sure what you're on about RE Texas?

Republican In Name Only (RINO) - originally exclusively for moderates like McCain and Romney -:now is used widely for any Anti Trumpers like Liz Cheney, Mitch McConnell, the Bush family and other neoCon detritus...

No he did not, he just allowed the formation of ISIS and destroyed the sole bulwarck against Iran... as to 'giving Iran money' i would point out not a single US cent was given to Iran. Iranian money that had been, by its very definition, stolen, was returned.

Left wing compared to Mussolini perhaps. Although she does bear a striking resemblance to a certain head of the Khmer Rouge, in more ways than one. Erm, why is that exactly? I mean unless you approve of gassing Jews such a statement is inately heinous. Then again, given her comments on jews, she probably does approve of that. Ironic considering half of Trumps family are jewish.

Of?
oh scratch that remark, i was thinking of another hopeful who hailed from there.

Ah gotcha. If nothing else its quite impressive how insane that parties gone. Gone are the days when neo-cons were viewed, qith utter justification, as insane lunatics who were plotting nuclear war against non-nuclear states. Neo-cons may have been intellectually vacuous immoral asshats but on the flipside they look startlingly rationale compared to the current crop of mentally defective psychopaths starting with Cruz and working swiftly up to Green and Lauren Boebert. the fact people who believe in lizardmen, pizzagate and qanon are allowed within a thousand miles of the capitol, let alone out of the asylum is rather worrying for a country brimming with weapons.
Original post by Napp
No he did not, he just allowed the formation of ISIS and destroyed the sole bulwarck against Iran...

as to 'giving Iran money' i would point out not a single US cent was given to Iran. Iranian money that had been, by its very definition, stolen, was returned.

Left wing compared to Mussolini perhaps. Although she does bear a striking resemblance to a certain head of the Khmer Rouge, in more ways than one.

Erm, why is that exactly? I mean unless you approve of gassing Jews such a statement is inately heinous.

I'm generally pretty pro rapprochement with Iran actually TBF. Hmm I heard some of that money was us taxpayers, but you could be right

Don't approve of gassing Jews, vaccine mandates or apologising to bad faith lefties and triggered minorities :tongue:
Reply 6

Don't approve of gassing Jews

Well that's something... I guess.
The Democrats will probably loss a lot of influence in the 2022 mid-term elections. Nothing much else can really be expected, it's just how two party politics works.
Original post by DSilva
Well that's something... I guess.

You "guess" it's not ok to gas Jews? I mean, I know you support Corbyn dude but sheesh :tongue::wink:
Reply 9
You "guess" it's not ok to gas Jews? I mean, I know you support Corbyn dude but sheesh :tongue::wink:

Well I was remarking on how it was refreshing to see you take a progressive stance. I am actually Jewish by the way.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by DSilva
Well I was remarking on how it was refreshing to see you take a progressive stance.

I am actually Jewish by the way.

Lmao you don't have to be progressive to not support killing all jewish people....:rolleyes: And I disagree that Progressives are inherently against genocide. If you replace the word Jew" with "White" and "Aryan" with "POC/ LGBTQ" you can easily turn Nazi literature into your standard BLM propoganda.
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1465475934710943748

Good for you :smile:
I'm generally pretty pro rapprochement with Iran actually TBF. Hmm I heard some of that money was us taxpayers, but you could be right

Don't approve of gassing Jews, vaccine mandates or apologising to bad faith lefties and triggered minorities :tongue:

^this
Original post by DSilva
Well I was remarking on how it was refreshing to see you take a progressive stance. I am actually Jewish by the way.

It's sad how low the bar has come on this forum recently.
Lmao you don't have to be progressive to not support killing all jewish people....:rolleyes: And I disagree that Progressives are inherently against genocide. If you replace the word Jew" with "White" and "Aryan" with "POC/ LGBTQ" you can easily turn Nazi literature into your standard BLM propoganda.

Godwin in 11. Fast work.
Original post by mqb2766
Godwin in 11. Fast work.

I mean it's kinda hard not to bring up the Nazis when talking about gassing Jews which Napp brought up....:rolleyes:
Awesome! :tongue:

(I'm not against Iran, im against the us giving them money. I think Iran should get nukes)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rkqihzGpgo
(edited 2 years ago)
If the Iranians don't get nukes they frankly deserve to go the same way as Colonel Gadaffi and Saddam. The west cannot be trusted at all and are just bad news in general...

Screenshot_2021-10-15-13-18-17-47_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg

Lmao never going to happen which you know full well, and likewise the Israelis would be insane to agree to. A strong nuclear Iran is the best thing in the region to counter Israel and their Saudi proxy state or their corrupt western allies.
Reply 17

Interested in how you merely said you don't 'agree' with gassing Jews, like you were talking about a run of the mill policy rather than genocide.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by DSilva
Interested in how you merely said you don't 'agree' with gassing Jews, like you were talking about a run of the mill policy rather than genocide.

I was being flippant about it, in reaction to Napp's (in my view absurd) comparison of MTG to Nazis.

I think human perpetuated violent genocide of other humans because of their race is evil and wrong and always have done so.

But you're derailing this interesting thread - if you want to question me more about the Holocaust or whatever then start a new thread or DM me
Reply 19
I was being flippant about it, in reaction to Napp's (in my view absurd) comparison of MTG to Nazis.

I think human perpetuated violent genocide of other humans because of their race is evil and wrong and always have done so.

But you're derailing this interesting thread - if you want to question me more about the Holocaust or whatever then start a new thread or DM me

And my comment of "well that's something..." was being flippant too in response to the casual way you said it.

I don't actually think you're a Nazi, chill.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending