The Student Room Group

A-level Product Design Study Group 2022

Welcome to the A-level Product Design Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA - Design and Technology - Product Design 7552

Edexcel - Design and Technology - Product Design 9DT0

OCR- Design and Technology H404 - H406

WJEC - Design and Technology

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Hello! I have a question does any have design technology Edexcel a-level past papers? like all of them if yes can you please send it to me I would appreciate that <3
Reply 3
Does anyone have any Seneca equivalents to help revise for product design at a level?
Original post by bdj70
Does anyone have any Seneca equivalents to help revise for product design at a level?

@CoolCavy Do you know of anything that might help?
Original post by bdj70

i've been doing active recall with quizlet which is really helping a lot!
Original post by thatbooknerd
i've been doing active recall with quizlet which is really helping a lot!

By chance do you know what the quizlets are called

Just by chance can I know what exam board you're doing, I'm doing OCR Design and Technology: Design Engineering and so far it is difficult and in my first AS exam I got a U in which the exam is 50% of our AS Level grade which our class wasn't told about.
Does anyone have any advanced info questions for dt - edexcel?
Original post by lion334rated
Does anyone have any advanced info questions for dt - edexcel?

nope i do aqa sorry!
Reply 12
You have any for aqa by any chance?
How did everyone find the paper? I thought it was a hell of a lot to do in 2.5 hours and the maths questions were much more difficult than in any previous exams?
Original post by Joewilliams413
How did everyone find the paper? I thought it was a hell of a lot to do in 2.5 hours and the maths questions were much more difficult than in any previous exams?

I do a level maths so they were doable but wow they were harder than the past ones haha. I think the paper went well! I did NOT know what FEA was going into that exam. How did you find it?
i found it super hard, feel as if the advanced info didn’t really relate or link to the exam much at all
Original post by MoRiceKrispies
i found it super hard, feel as if the advanced info didn’t really relate or link to the exam much at all

yeh same it was one of the hardest design papers I've seen

did you do edexcel?

i loved it! the questions were everything i had revised. but agreed, those 6 and 7 markers were disgusting i skipped them.
Reply 19
Original post by AmiraGrace
yeh same it was one of the hardest design papers I've seen

I found it hard as well, in my opinion I don't think the advanced information were helpful to be honest

Quick Reply

Latest