Why do I do this?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Every time I see someone I know, I never know its them until its too late. I can be walking and looking at a direction, someone I know is probably walking too but I won't realize that I've seen that person until they've walked past. Some people may be thinking I'm blanking them, but I'm not, I just don't see them - my mind isn't really playing attention. Like today I went to Maccie D's and I saw someone I hadn't seen in a long time. We kept looking at each other but I didn't know it was them until I realized. They might've been trying to acknowledge me but then thought I was blanking them. I don't like this because I know how it feels to be ignored but its just something that keeps happening to me.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Have you had your eyes tested recently? You could be short-sighted? I am short-sighted and I don't recognise people until they come close enough for me to see their face (otherwise it's blurry).
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
maybe you have face blindness? it's where your brain can't match faces to people as well as other peoples.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by lucyyy12)
maybe you have face blindness? it's where your brain can't match faces to people as well as other peoples.
I can see people from afar sometimes but its just sometimes I just don't notice people until they've walked past me. Could this be daydreaming. My parents think its because I'm daydreaming or my mind is occupied, but it happened today in Maccie D's and I was talking with a friend when I saw that person. But we kept looking at each other until the point I started to realize who it was. Idk tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.36%

Watched Threads