The Student Room Group

Stopped talking to her?

I wanted to kiss my date on the first date itself but she didn't so I was a bit annoyed. I had some Christmas plans like going away and having sex for a week but I later changed it.
She did ask me again for Christmas and New Year but I told her I have now plans with friends.
She didn't say anything after she heard it.

After our kind of 2nd date, more like a chat about life, things in general, she didn't message me saying how nice the date was (she did the first time) so I got annoyed even more.
The next day, I was leaving for work and she was talking to someone and we saw each other. She saw me and gave me a loving smile and kind of waved and I did too and then I left
The next day, she messaged me saying about the strike.

I didn't reply to her and now I don't talk to her. Should I block her?

Am I right in this?

Scroll to see replies

You're a bit of a noob tbh.
Original post by Anonymous
I had some Christmas plans like going away and having sex for a week but I later changed it.

This has to go down as one of the cringiest lines I’ve ever read on TSR.
Reply 3
Original post by NonIndigenous
You're a bit of a noob tbh.

What.?
You sound like a d1ck tbh.
She doesn't owe you anything just because you went on a date.
And at least have the guts to tell her you're no longer interested.
Reply 5
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
You sound like a d1ck tbh.
She doesn't owe you anything just because you went on a date.
And at least have the guts to tell her you're no longer interested.

When did I say I'm not interested?
Reply 6
Original post by Mesopotamian.

That's what I wanted

You literally said you didn't reply to her message and that you're thinking about blocking her.
That doesn't make you sound like you're genuinely interested or care about her.
That's what I wanted

You wanted to create the cringiest line on the website?
Reply 9
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
You literally said you didn't reply to her message and that you're thinking about blocking her.
That doesn't make you sound like you're genuinely interested or care about her.

Because I was annoyed
I have read this before. stop
Original post by Mesopotamian.

With the internet, there really isn’t a barrier with how cringe people can get. When you think someone said the cringiest line, someone else hits a worse line and the cycle repeats.
Original post by 0ptics
With the internet, there really isn’t a barrier with how cringe people can get. When you think someone said the cringiest line, someone else hits a worse line and the cycle repeats.

Nobody is asking which is the cringest line. I'm asking something else
Nobody is asking which is the cringest line. I'm asking something else

Funnily enough, you’re right with the first sentence. As for your second sentence, I think you should know the answer. If you don’t, I beg to wonder why you’re asking people here for answers and only accept the ones that align within your judgement.
Original post by 0ptics
Funnily enough, you’re right with the first sentence. As for your second sentence, I think you should know the answer. If you don’t, I beg to wonder why you’re asking people here for answers and only accept the ones that align within your judgement.

I dont know the answer because nobody answered it??
Try not to get too invested/heavy, it's only been a couple dates so they probably are seeing other people too.

On the first month of dating I'd say just keep it light and show them your personality and see if you like theirs too.

Don't put pressure on it and don't plan too far ahead

You don't sound 'interested'. You sound entitled instead and spiteful when people don't meet your expectations. I'll bolden on the bits in your original post.
I wanted to kiss my date on the first date itself but she didn't so I was a bit annoyed. I had some Christmas plans like going away and having sex for a week but I later changed it.
She did ask me again for Christmas and New Year but I told her I have now plans with friends.
She didn't say anything after she heard it.

After our kind of 2nd date, more like a chat about life, things in general, she didn't message me saying how nice the date was (she did the first time) so I got annoyed even more.
The next day, I was leaving for work and she was talking to someone and we saw each other. She saw me and gave me a loving smile and kind of waved and I did too and then I left
The next day, she messaged me saying about the strike.

I didn't reply to her and now I don't talk to her. Should I block her?

Am I right in this?

You were annoyed because she didn't want to kiss on the first date. What made you assume she would want to in the first place? Some people, just don't do it on the first date.

So therefore, you cancelled your Christmas plans with her. And you also just assumed she would be keen to have sex with you. Automatically, as if it were a granted human right that when you just started dating someone you must have sex.

Maybe she didn't find the 2nd date with you that nice, hence she didn't message after. It wouldn't surprise me if you were having an attitude problem like you are.

And now you're sulking because she didn't give you what you wanted.

Boohoo. People like you annoy me. It's like listening to those chicks on social media b*tching about guys who split the bill on the 1st date. Or get sulky when he takes until the evening to respond to text messages when he's at work.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by NonIndigenous
You don't sound 'interested'. You sound entitled instead and spiteful when people don't meet your expectations. I'll bolden on the bits in your original post.

You were annoyed because she didn't want to kiss on the first date. What made you assume she would want to in the first place? Some people, just don't do it on the first date.

So therefore, you cancelled your Christmas plans with her. And you also just assumed she would be keen to have sex with you. Automatically, as if it were a granted human right that when you just started dating someone you must have sex.

Maybe she didn't find the 2nd date with you that nice, hence she didn't message after. It wouldn't surprise me if you were having an attitude problem like you are.

And now you're sulking because she didn't give you what you wanted.

Boohoo. People like you annoy me. It's like listening to those chicks on social media b*tching about guys who split the bill on the 1st date. Or get sulky when he takes until the evening to respond to text messages when he's at work.

The 2nd date wasn't actually a date. I just went to see her and we talked. But I expected a message from her and she didn't.
I think you are a bit presumptuous to think that she wanted to kiss on a first date!

The whole point is to get to know each other first before you become physical and she clearly wasn't ready, therefore you should respect her boundaries.

As for the weekend away, I think you are getting ahead yourself completely. Especially if she isn't even ready to kiss you yet.

If you aren't interested in her romantically you should let her know, maybe you could say you think you would be better as friends for now. This would also give you the opportunity to get to know her better without the expectation of a physical relationship and maybe things will progress in a romantic nature naturally.

If you are only looking for something causal then you will have the freedom to find someone who is looking for the same thing as you.
I think you are a bit presumptuous to think that she wanted to kiss on a first date!

The whole point is to get to know each other first before you become physical and she clearly wasn't ready, therefore you should respect her boundaries.

As for the weekend away, I think you are getting ahead yourself completely. Especially if she isn't even ready to kiss you yet.

If you aren't interested in her romantically you should let her know, maybe you could say you think you would be better as friends for now. This would also give you the opportunity to get to know her better without the expectation of a physical relationship and maybe things will progress in a romantic nature naturally.

If you are only looking for something causal then you will have the freedom to find someone who is looking for the same thing as you.

I'm not speaking to her anymore. She sent me a message telling me about something and I didn't reply so its over anyway. After our 2nd meeting, I expected a message from her but she didn't message me. So whats the point?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending