The Student Room Group

U to a* journey

Okay so I’m in year 13 doing biology chemistry and maths. I did well at GCSE’s but since year 12 and now year 13 I did my mocks in September and got UEE.
I am extremely motivated like I can’t even begin to explain how motivated I am to do extremely well and just try my absolute hardest for my A Levels in 2022. A lot of things have happened to me throughout year 12 and are still happening now in year 13 but I’m going to push absolutely everything that is in my way that can result in me doing badly and just focus on the present and on my end goal of getting A*A*A*. Some might think I’m crazy for aiming so high after failing but why not?? Why shouldn’t I aim for the highest. I just want to prove to myself that I can do it. The sky is the limit!!!!!
For every single mock that I have done throughout sixth form every single time before the exams I said to myself no you can’t do this, you’re not capable and you’re just not going to do well, I didn’t believe in myself one bit and thought everyone else is going to do better than you. Even though in lessons I understood the content and didn’t really have difficulties learning because I enjoy learning so much!!! Like I always thought I picked the best subjects because what is better than learning about the human body and everything that goes inside us in biology, and all the chemical reactions in chemistry, and maths is just the best subject. Everything I learnt just clicked for me. But the problem was that all I thought about was how everyone else will do better than me and that I just wasn’t capable. So I didn’t practise doing enough exam questions and really just didn’t test myself enough. Why should I keep thinking about other people and not just focus on myself.
Anyways I have now suddenly just clicked out of the horrible mentality I had before. Im going to stop waffling and start this journey now. I know there are so many people out there in this situation and have been in this situation but just gave up on themselves.
If anyone is feeling like this and feeling like a failure please don’t give up and let’s do this together let’s try our best!!!
Even if I don’t get the highest grades or the best grades I need to know in the end that I did everything I could and I tried my best and that’s when I will be truly happy.
I just wanted to write this to motivate anyone else out there that feels they can’t do it or aren’t capable, life has no limitations except the ones you make. Your only limit is your mind.
There are alot of teachers that have told me no this isn’t going to be possible to achieve when I tried to get help, but why does what someone else and what other people have to say have to limit us and our abilities??? Why does what other people say and think of us matter so much??? You only know how well you can do
I will keep updating my journey on here and no one knows maybe in the end I will do great
Wow love this! Keep it up, with that mindset I’m 100% sure you will succeed!
Wishing you all the best x
Update:
So I had a end of topic test last week on module 5 homeostasis and excretion and got the paper back i got 40/52 Im so pleased with that! The marks i got wrong were silly mistakes so I Will make sure i dont make these small mistakes again
Original post by Anonymous238383
Update:
So I had a end of topic test last week on module 5 homeostasis and excretion and got the paper back i got 40/52 Im so pleased with that! The marks i got wrong were silly mistakes so I Will make sure i dont make these small mistakes again

omfggggg yessss me you in the same frickinggg boat. got CCD in the end of year 12 and cus of crippling anxiety which is still affecting me I flipped up. I want the samee as you and I legit think the same. I ts this mentality that oh their smart so they must not do work even though tehy are. Urgh and when you get a **** grade back like my teachers keep telling me im capped on a C in economics its frustrating.
Anyways your paragraph was very motivational :smile:
I can’t really say I’m motivated by this but good luck on your journey and smash those A*s :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending