The Student Room Group

H&sc unit 4- health article

I am stuDYING health and social care. We have to carry out research for part A, and Part b is the exam which is next week for me.

I've decided to go with the health article relating to free leisure facilities and community outreach on inequalities. (article attached)

I need help because I'm not quite understand what I'm meant to be research for my secondary research. If anyone is carrying out the same research as me, what are you researching? do you have any statistics? what are the line of inquiry you're making from it? SEND HELLLLLPPPPP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yahmar
I am stuDYING health and social care. We have to carry out research for part A, and Part b is the exam which is next week for me.

I've decided to go with the health article relating to free leisure facilities and community outreach on inequalities. (article attached)

I need help because I'm not quite understand what I'm meant to be research for my secondary research. If anyone is carrying out the same research as me, what are you researching? do you have any statistics? what are the line of inquiry you're making from it? SEND HELLLLLPPPPP

Hi, I am doing the same article, I’m not sure too on what to research but I think we need to find articles relating to the issue. Have you found the research method used?
Reply 2
Original post by Wilhelmina:
Hi, I am doing the same article, I’m not sure too on what to research but I think we need to find articles relating to the issue. Have you found the research method used?

I'm okay with question 1 and the methods.
Interrupted Time Series Method (ITS) and Active People Survey (APS) telephone survey a random sample from each LA.

It's just question 2 and 3 i need help with for my secondary research
Reply 3
Hey! I’m doing this exam too, im so lost on what to write about and the whole exam hasn’t been explained properly. How are you finding it?
Original post by sgraceee
Hey! I’m doing this exam too, im so lost on what to write about and the whole exam hasn’t been explained properly. How are you finding?

I'm doing the health article and struggling to find secondary research and what to include in my notes plus methods for question 1. What article are you doing?
Reply 5
I'm doing the health article and struggling to find secondary research and what to include in my notes plus methods for question 1. What article are you doing?

I'm doing article 1 wbu? It's so difficult to make notes
I'm doing article 1 wbu? It's so difficult to make notes

I am doing article 1 too. did you manage to find the three research methods used?
Reply 7
I am doing article 1 too. did you manage to find the three research methods used?

Not really, i was just reading through the article at first to get a grip on it and understand it/what it's about. I believe its predominantly primary research but I need to figure out what methods it was. Hbu?
Not really, i was just reading through the article at first to get a grip on it and understand it/what it's about. I believe its predominantly primary research but I need to figure out what methods it was. Hbu?

I think one of the methods is a survey ( Active people Survey) and (interrupted time series but I'm not sure about the advantages and disadvantages of this method). Have you found any secondary sources?
Reply 9
I think one of the methods is a survey ( Active people Survey) and (interrupted time series but I'm not sure about the advantages and disadvantages of this method). Have you found any secondary sources?

Ooh that’s really good!!! I’m going to look into secondary sources today in my assessment I’ll Lyk if I find any
Ooh that’s really good!!! I’m going to look into secondary sources today in my assessment I’ll Lyk if I find any

Okay thanks :smile:
Okay thanks :smile:

You're welcome <3 Do you know if the APS and cross-sectional telephone survey are the same?
You're welcome <3 Do you know if the APS and cross-sectional telephone survey are the same?

I think they are the same because in the article it says the APS is a telephone survey- based survey
January 2022 exam unit 4
Is anyone doing the social care article
It's about 'LGBTQI+* Disabled People and self-directed social care support'
Reply 14
I am doing this exam however have chose the social care article relating to LGBTQI Disabled People. If anyone is doing the same as me please could you help. I'm really struggling.
Reply 15
Original post by Princess273
January 2022 exam unit 4
Is anyone doing the social care article
It's about 'LGBTQI+* Disabled People and self-directed social care support'

i am
Did you manage to find any help on this one I'm also doing this one and I am stuck.
How do you all know what the questions are going to be?
Original post by kwalt1
i am

I am but don't know what the heck I'm supposed to be doing.
Reply 19
Original post by Rachelbinks
How do you all know what the questions are going to be?

which one you doing? And the questions always the same, have a look at the band mark where it has the assessment focus.
Question 1) Methods
Question 2) Importance of research
Question 3) Provision + Practice
Question 4) Ethics
usually in the paper, they switch 3 and 4 so be sure to research the question in your exam x

Quick Reply