The Student Room Group

have you ever been afraid of your partner?

(or the other way round ofc)
is so, what was the situation etc.
just curious about other people's relationships i guess
Original post by Ciel.
just curious about other people's relationships i guess

No but my daughter was scared of an ex who verbally abused her a lot. It was beginning to escalate with him punching holes in walls, kicking a door down to get to her when she locked herself in the bedroom and another time he threw hot sauce over her while she slept. He also hacked into her phone and accused her of cheating on him despite finding no evidence on her phone.

It wasn't a good relationship but tbh she still somehow missed him a lot despite calling time on it.
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
No but my daughter was scared of an ex who verbally abused her a lot. It was beginning to escalate with him punching holes in walls, kicking a door down to get to her when she locked herself in the bedroom and another time he threw hot sauce over her while she slept. He also hacked into her phone and accused her of cheating on him despite finding no evidence on her phone.

It wasn't a good relationship but tbh she still somehow missed him a lot despite calling time on it.

what was his reaction when she broke up with him?
Original post by Ciel.
what was his reaction when she broke up with him?

He already had another girl lined up before they broke up (unknown to her) so he was in another relationship within a week.
Reply 4
He already had another girl lined up before they broke up (unknown to her) so he was in another relationship within a week.

i see. what a jerk >.<
Yeah, a fair few times, with different girlfriends over the years tbh, I don't want to say why I feared them, because despite the fact we're no longer a thing I still respect their confidentiality and privacy.
Reply 6
Original post by ROTL94
Yeah, a fair few times, with different girlfriends over the years tbh, I don't want to say why I feared them, because despite the fact we're no longer a thing I still respect their confidentiality and privacy.

i mean, you're pretty anonymous on here but that's fine of course
Original post by Ciel.
i see. what a jerk >.<

Yup. I know you and your partner have a tempestuous relationship but I hope you're not scared of him?
Reply 8
Yup. I know you and your partner have a tempestuous relationship but I hope you're not scared of him?

nah, no way. i mean, i'm not saying i've never been scared of him bc alcohol/drugs can do weird things to your emotions but that's different.
Reply 9
I’ve had a few nasty alcohol fuelled rows in relationships where the other persons behaviour (and mine too probably) have been a cause for concern. Not good and I now avoid this.
Original post by ciel.
Just curious about other people's relationships i guess

i think the more appropriate question would be, when have i not been afraid?

He sounds like a nasty *******. I hope your daughter is okay now.
Not during the relationship.
But after getting dumped the worst jerk exes showed the less delightful side of their personalities.
Sometimes including stalking, threats to kidnap/sexual assault/serious violence with a weapon or release sexually explicit selfies of me.
The latter was an empty threat, I don't take selfies and no nude pics of me exist.
Original post by summerbirdreads
He sounds like a nasty *******. I hope your daughter is okay now.

Thank you 🙏🏻 Yes she’s fine now

What a hypocrite as well... cheating while accusing your daughter of cheating. I'm glad she's out of the situation and was able to call time on it - Just wondering but did either of you go to the police about the hacking btw... I would hope there isn't some loophole in the law that means he could do that...?
Reply 15
Original post by Kenan_N_Kel
i think the more appropriate question would be, when have i not been afraid?

really? why?
Original post by Zarek
I’ve had a few nasty alcohol fuelled rows in relationships where the other persons behaviour (and mine too probably) have been a cause for concern. Not good and I now avoid this.

oh yeah, alcohol/drugs can turn a minor argument into war, lol
Original post by londonmyst
Not during the relationship.
But after getting dumped the worst jerk exes showed the less delightful side of their personalities.
Sometimes including stalking, threats to kidnap/sexual assault/serious violence with a weapon or release sexually explicit selfies of me.
The latter was an empty threat, I don't take selfies and no nude pics of me exist.

had some of mine posted online. not selfies, videos. but meh, nothing could shame me at this point tbh
yh he hit me ;-;
u okay ciel? x
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
yh he hit me ;-;

why?
Original post by Anonymous
u okay ciel? x

yeah
Original post by AmIReallyHere
What a hypocrite as well... cheating while accusing your daughter of cheating. I'm glad she's out of the situation and was able to call time on it - Just wondering but did either of you go to the police about the hacking btw... I would hope there isn't some loophole in the law that means he could do that...?

No we wouldn’t bother going to the police as I doubt they would care but yeah, a massive hypocrite. Thanks for the support :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending