The Student Room Group

UCAS for continuing studies

Hi does anyone know what do you need to do if you want to continue your studies at the same university from an undergraduate to postgraduate?
Original post by Hay-Lee
Hi does anyone know what do you need to do if you want to continue your studies at the same university from an undergraduate to postgraduate?

Most postgraduate applications are made online directly to the university. There's no real difference in how a continuing undergrad and an external applicant are processed or considered.
How to Apply for Postgrad at Bath as just one example - https://www.bath.ac.uk/guides/applying-for-a-taught-postgraduate-course/
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Most postgraduate applications are made online directly to the university. There's no real difference in how a continuing undergrad and an external applicant are processed or considered.

So there is no UCAS involved? Would you know if applying for student finance is an issue for postgraduates?
Original post by Hay-Lee
So there is no UCAS involved? Would you know if applying for student finance is an issue for postgraduates?

UCAS is only involved for a very select few postgraduate courses, so the vast majority of postgraduate applicants don't deal with them. The university course pages will tell you if you need to apply directly to them or via UCAS.

For postgraduate study, you can apply for a masters loan which is not income-assessed, of around £11,500. There is no separate maintenance and tuition fees loans, so you need to work out how you'll be using the loan yourself.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
UCAS is only involved for a very select few postgraduate courses, so the vast majority of postgraduate applicants don't deal with them. The university course pages will tell you if you need to apply directly to them or via UCAS.

For postgraduate study, you can apply for a masters loan which is not income-assessed, of around £11,500. There is no separate maintenance and tuition fees loans, so you need to work out how you'll be using the loan yourself.

PRSOM
Reply 6
Original post by PhoenixFortune

Yes I’ve looked into this and that’s right, there’s only a loan of £11000 and something called maintenance loan which you use to fund any fees, including tuition fees and personal use. The university can arrangement something to take payments. My chosen course doesn’t require UCAS, I just need to apply for the course on the university website and take it from there. Thanks for your help too.
Original post by Hay-Lee
Yes I’ve looked into this and that’s right, there’s only a loan of £11000 and something called maintenance loan which you use to fund any fees, including tuition fees and personal use. The university can arrangement something to take payments. My chosen course doesn’t require UCAS, I just need to apply for the course on the university website and take it from there. Thanks for your help too.

There is only one loan for postgraduate students, so there isn't a maintenance loan as well sadly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending