The Student Room Group

Which university is the best for finding a work in aerospace engineering in UK?

Like lniking closely with factories and companies. I apply for Meng course, so i think i don't have a chance to go to Cranefield. What about others?
Reply 1
Original post by Wokeaijile
MIT

Seriously?
Reply 3
Original post by CHENHERUI03
Like lniking closely with factories and companies. I apply for Meng course, so i think i don't have a chance to go to Cranefield. What about others?

As the reply above mentioned, Bristol and Bath are great for it thanks to their good quality course as well as location. On top of them, Southampton is quite good with links to Airbus, as well as Imperial for just Aeronautical Engineering.
Reply 4
Original post by jray204
As the reply above mentioned, Bristol and Bath are great for it thanks to their good quality course as well as location. On top of them, Southampton is quite good with links to Airbus, as well as Imperial for just Aeronautical Engineering.

Does Imperial closely work with companies? I know it is located in teh centere of London.
Does Imperial closely work with companies? I know it is located in teh centere of London.

Why not ask the companies you want to work for if they recommend a specific course? Or look in linkedin to see where people working there studied.
Reply 6
Hello, Currently I have 2 offers for studying MSc in Aerospace Engineering.
1. Cranfield University
2. University of Leeds
Which University do you think is a better option between these two? Could you help me out?
Original post by Barry06
Hello, Currently I have 2 offers for studying MSc in Aerospace Engineering.
1. Cranfield University
2. University of Leeds
Which University do you think is a better option between these two? Could you help me out?

Postgrad MSc - Cranfield.
Its the goverment-defence Uni and will have more industry links, and more staff working at cutting-edge.
Reply 8

Not necessarily, but you can always do internships, or apply for a placement year in industry. Also if you mean a job afterwards then it shouldn't matter much which uni you choose
Reply 9
Original post by McGinger
Postgrad MSc - Cranfield.
Its the goverment-defence Uni and will have more industry links, and more staff working at cutting-edge.

Appreciate it a lot. Thank you!
Hey!

Thanks for the shoutouts for Cranfield!
I am a PhD student here and I also did my Masters here so hopefully I can help out.

McGinger is correct in that we are a postgraduate only university. Generally you need a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject to study here although if you have equivalent experience that can count too.
We are the only UK university with our own airport so we're well set in the aerospace sector! We have very strong links to industry which helps get students some really interesting projects and also benefits students when they graduate with work opportunities. For example we are currently working with Marshall Aerospace for them to have facilities here, and hopefully they will relocate fully to our campus.

Check out our blogs if you want to know more about studying here, most posts are written by students themselves so you get a good idea of what it's like from a student's perspective: https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/category/aerospace/

Hope this helps :smile:
Any more questions please ask

Katherine
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest