The Student Room Group

Personal Statement plagiarism

Hey , firstly good luck to everyone and I am so stressed at the moment
I have uploaded my personal statement mistakenly to turnitin even tho the personal statement is belong to me and I wrote it word to word and worked on it so hard and almost showed it to 40 different teachers.
If I submit it to UCAS now I will be plagiarised 100% even tho it belongs to me because it has already been on TURNITIN. and I dont know what to do at the moment ? Do I have to rewrite or if the ucas would be okay ?
I also contacted turnitin to get more info about it and they emailed me saying this
When you resubmit the paper, the previous version of the paper will be overwritten by the latest submission, including any marking or grading applied prior to the resubmission. Unfortunately, overwritten versions, marking and grading cannot be recovered.

Please note resubmitting the paper might have a high similarity with the deleted paper. The paper deleted from your end is not permanently deleted and is still available in our database.
And I literally dont know what to do I worked so hard on my ps and now I am stressing so much because of my stupid mistake
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ardaafsar
Hey , firstly good luck to everyone and I am so stressed at the moment
I have uploaded my personal statement mistakenly to turnitin even tho the personal statement is belong to me and I wrote it word to word and worked on it so hard and almost showed it to 40 different teachers.
If I submit it to UCAS now I will be plagiarised 100% even tho it belongs to me because it has already been on TURNITIN. and I dont know what to do at the moment ? Do I have to rewrite or if the ucas would be okay ?
I also contacted turnitin to get more info about it and they emailed me saying this
When you resubmit the paper, the previous version of the paper will be overwritten by the latest submission, including any marking or grading applied prior to the resubmission. Unfortunately, overwritten versions, marking and grading cannot be recovered.

Please note resubmitting the paper might have a high similarity with the deleted paper. The paper deleted from your end is not permanently deleted and is still available in our database.
And I literally dont know what to do I worked so hard on my ps and now I am stressing so much because of my stupid mistake

Have you contacted your school and UCAS? What do they advise? It may be that you have to re-write completely. You can still use the same ideas, but phrase them differently?
Original post by booklover1313
Have you contacted your school and UCAS? What do they advise? It may be that you have to re-write completely. You can still use the same ideas, but phrase them differently?

hi
thank you for your reply but I was so happy with my personal statement and I do not want to rewrite again im acc considering gap year at this moment because im so tired of it.
hi
thank you for your reply but I was so happy with my personal statement and I do not want to rewrite again im acc considering gap year at this moment because im so tired of it.

Don’t throw yourself into a gap year at the last minute. It’s a real shame and very annoying, but if you have written it once, you can re-word it again
Original post by booklover1313
Don’t throw yourself into a gap year at the last minute. It’s a real shame and very annoying, but if you have written it once, you can re-word it again

I lost my all motivation to go university this year.
I lost my all motivation to go university this year.

Don’t make any rash decisions. Sleep on it, give yourself a few days to process and then re-evaluate. You might feel differently in a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending