The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get into a low ranked university's foundation year with only GCSEs?

Hey, I've got a cousin who's doing an engineering apprenticeship and before that he's only got GCSEs but let's say he doesn't like engineering and wants to go to uni, would any university accept him for let's say for example Computer Science or Business with a foundation year with his GCSEs and engineering BTEC qualifications?
Original post by Madnessmadness
Hey, I've got a cousin who's doing an engineering apprenticeship and before that he's only got GCSEs but let's say he doesn't like engineering and wants to go to uni, would any university accept him for let's say for example Computer Science or Business with a foundation year with his GCSEs and engineering BTEC qualifications?

I believe so as BTECs are equivalent to A levels. Its best to check the individual unis entry criteria however.

Wish him all the best.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by TriplexA
I believe so as BTECs are equivalent to A levels. Its best to check the individual unis entry criteria however.

Wish him all the best.

Wait so he can do for example computer science with his engineering BTEC? And yeah I'm trying to look out for him incase he doesn't like engineering.
Original post by Madnessmadness
Wait so he can do for example computer science with his engineering BTEC? And yeah I'm trying to look out for him incase he doesn't like engineering.

It depends on the universities entry criteria. Its best to check on their websites.

That's very considerate of you.
Good luck
Original post by TriplexA
It depends on the universities entry criteria. Its best to check on their websites.

That's very considerate of you.
Good luck

Yeah thanks, you too with whatever it is you are doing or studying. I'll have a look now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending