The Student Room Group

do hotels allow a 17 and 18 year old to stay?

I'm 17, my friend is 18 and we want to stay in a hotel in London together, will this be allowed? if so should the hotel be booked in their name and will we need ID? pls let me know asap 🙂🙂🙂
Reply 1
Original post by Hbdgduekalf
I'm 17, my friend is 18 and we want to stay in a hotel in London together, will this be allowed? if so should the hotel be booked in their name and will we need ID? pls let me know asap 🙂🙂🙂

Why do you wanna stay in a hotel
If the room is booked in the name of the 18 year old, then yes that would be allowed. The 18 year old is an adult and would be considered the guardian of the non-adult minor.

Whether or not the 18 year old would need ID, it really depends on the hotel. I've never been asked for ID at a hotel, but then again I'm not a teenager.
Reply 3
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
If the room is booked in the name of the 18 year old, then yes that would be allowed. The 18 year old is an adult and would be considered the guardian of the non-adult minor.

Whether or not the 18 year old would need ID, it really depends on the hotel. I've never been asked for ID at a hotel, but then again I'm not a teenager.

ahhh thank you!! what if it was bought on a parent's card but the guest name was the 18 year old would that still be fine?
Reply 4
Original post by Sohello
Why do you wanna stay in a hotel

We live a long drive from London, no point going for just one day :P
ahhh thank you!! what if it was bought on a parent's card but the guest name was the 18 year old would that still be fine?

That should be fine yes. Certainly that would be okay for Travelodges and Premier Inns, so I imagine it would be fine for any other hotel.
Reply 6
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
That should be fine yes. Certainly that would be okay for Travelodges and Premier Inns, so I imagine it would be fine for any other hotel.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 7

Speak with the hotel, as you would likely need to prove that the cardholder has given permission for the payment to be made when it's not them checking in. It could be misuse or theft of a card.
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
Speak with the hotel, as you would likely need to prove that the cardholder has given permission for the payment to be made when it's not them checking in. It could be misuse or theft of a card.

how would i prove permission? :smile:
Reply 9
how would i prove permission? :smile:

First 4 words: speak with the hotel.

Quick Reply

Latest