The Student Room Group

Football

What is the best football/soccer position?
Original post by KylePatterson

I’d say defender

wingers imo
goalie obviously

ca0fb31cc04af8793f149b01d14ad2aa.jpg
Reply 4
CAM or Wing backs.

In the modern game they both I'd say are the most versatile positions. Midfield is literally the control centre of team; they pass, shoot, press, defend. Now a days, wing backs i.e Trent Alexander Arnold or Reece James and so on and so forth are prime examples of how the modern wing backs are offensive positions and defensive positions, excluding Trent cause his defense isn't his strongest suite.
Original post by ForestShadow
goalie obviously

ca0fb31cc04af8793f149b01d14ad2aa.jpg

Haha
Original post by yogwei
CAM or Wing backs.

In the modern game they both I'd say are the most versatile positions. Midfield is literally the control centre of team; they pass, shoot, press, defend. Now a days, wing backs i.e Trent Alexander Arnold or Reece James and so on and so forth are prime examples of how the modern wing backs are offensive positions and defensive positions, excluding Trent cause his defense isn't his strongest suite.

That is so true

When I play football (I live in Scotland) I get shoved in defender
Thread has been moved to the 'Football' forum. :yy:
Striker
Midfielder
Nice a lot of good answers
Original post by 5hyl33n
Thread has been moved to the 'Football' forum. :yy:

Thank you very much 👍🏻

There is no best position on the pitch, the players can be world class everywhere to play. It depends on them how good they are. I personally think that the midfield positions are very important, because they manage to change the game from offensive to defensive and vice versa. A football team without a good midfield can't hardly work.
Original post by Kallisto
There is no best position on the pitch, the players can be world class everywhere to play. It depends on them how good they are. I personally think that the midfield positions are very important, because they manage to change the game from offensive to defensive and vice versa. A football team without a good midfield can't hardly work.

Well I’m in a team and it is always breaking apart because the 2 WORST PLAYERS are in midfield when I’m the BEST PLAYER there and I’m in defender what type off ******** is this!
(edited 2 years ago)
Well I’m in a team and it is always breaking apart because the 2 WORST PLAYERS are in midfield when I’m the BEST PLAYER there and I’m in defender what type off ******** is this!

So you agree to what I said about the midfield. :colone: The midfield is an important part in football. The players there distribute the ball around the pitch. Good strikers need good players there who assist them and defenders need players in turn who interrupt an attack.

Defender

Quick Reply

Latest