The Student Room Group

GCSE certificates

Hi guys. Recently, I collected my GCSE certificates, and on all of them my name was spelled wrong. There is an extra space in my middle name when there shouldnt be.

Do you think this would cause a major problem, or is it something I can let slide?

Thanks
Get it sorted out now - it will cause you big problems later if you don't.
Talk to the Exams Officer at your school and ask for the certificates to be reissued.
Original post by McGinger
Get it sorted out now - it will cause you big problems later if you don't.
Talk to the Exams Officer at your school and ask for the certificates to be reissued.

In what circumstances in the future do we need our certificates for?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Year12Studentt
In what circumstances in the future do we need our certificates for?

College courses.
UCAS 'matching' of exam results.
New jobs, apprenticeships etc.
You will have to produce these certificates on endless occasions during your life.
Get them sorted out now.
Every single one of my GCSE certificates has an extra letter in my first name that shouldn't be there.
It never caused me any bother whatsoever - not for sixth form college, not for uni, not for jobs, not for anythng.

It's just a little annoying to look at, but other than that, it doesn't matter.
Original post by McGinger
College courses.
UCAS 'matching' of exam results.
New jobs, apprenticeships etc.
You will have to produce these certificates on endless occasions during your life.
Get them sorted out now.

In my almost 38 years of life, through college, through 2 universities, through jobs, I've never once needed to produce my GCSE certificates.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
It's not likely to cause an issue - plenty of schools don't even enter students for GCSEs with their full name (just their forename and surname) - but if you do want to get it corrected without cost then you need to talk to your schools asap (definitely before Christmas) as the window to do this for free after the certificates are printed is quite short. rq

You will have been entered with the name the school has recorded for you and certainly this should have shown on all statements of entry etc. you'd been given to check last Spring.

Quick Reply

Latest