The Student Room Group

A Level English Literature, Edexcel Autumn Resits 2021

Hello! Hopefully this has worked but here’s a thread for anyone retaking English Lit, Edexcel! There was a thread for last year for Autumn’s predictions. So, I thought it would be enriching for me to talk to anyone else taking the same subject :smile:! If one has already been made tag me, I’d love to join.

Drama: Othello, The Importance of Being Earnest
Prose: Frankenstein and The Handmaid’s Tale
Poetry: Poems of the Decade and Romantic Poetry

I also got a B, hoping for an A or A* ^-^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am considering a retake. Have the exact same books, but A Streetcar Named Desire instead of Being Earnest. Do you know if we must submit coursework for these Autumn exams?
Original post by AhmedF07
I am considering a retake. Have the exact same books, but A Streetcar Named Desire instead of Being Earnest. Do you know if we must submit coursework for these Autumn exams?

For Autumn, no but I'm presuming that it is necessary for the Summer. I do the exact same books as OP and did my Drama exam the day before yesterday :O
Original post by cloudniineee
For Autumn, no but I'm presuming that it is necessary for the Summer. I do the exact same books as OP and did my Drama exam the day before yesterday :O

Hiii! Hope the exams went well! Do you remember the othello, Frankenstein/HT and poems of the decade questions? Trying to do a process of elimination before the summer exams 😂
Original post by TheSuckUpStudent
Hiii! Hope the exams went well! Do you remember the othello, Frankenstein/HT and poems of the decade questions? Trying to do a process of elimination before the summer exams 😂

Hey! So, I'm in a pretty stuck situation which meant I had to drop out of Autumn and sit Summer now D: I didn't manage to sit the poetry module (I could ask my friend though) but the Prose question was either presentation of inequality or presentation of time, development and control. As you could probably imagine, I did a presentation of inequality hehe
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey! So, I'm in a pretty stuck situation which meant I had to drop out of Autumn and sit Summer now D: I didn't manage to sit the poetry module (I could ask my friend though) but the Prose question was either presentation of inequality or presentation of time, development and control. As you could probably imagine, I did a presentation of inequality hehe

oh wow presentation of time is such a horrible question, definitely would have done inequality too! sorry that you have to wait until summer, must be so stressful but thank you so much for getting back to me! :smile:
Original post by TheSuckUpStudent
oh wow presentation of time is such a horrible question, definitely would have done inequality too! sorry that you have to wait until summer, must be so stressful but thank you so much for getting back to me! :smile:

yeah totally haha! My friend said she couldn't remember what the other poem was for POTD but she picked Look We Have Coming to Dover as the poem question: "How are journeys presented?" Hope this helped! :P
yeah totally haha! My friend said she couldn't remember what the other poem was for POTD but she picked Look We Have Coming to Dover as the poem question: "How are journeys presented?" Hope this helped! :P

you are a star, thank you so much!:h:

I'm trying to do the same thing as the other person LOL. What were the questions for Othello, if you remember?
Original post by felicity.tea
I'm trying to do the same thing as the other person LOL. What were the questions for Othello, if you remember?

Othello was the diverse presentation of language or presentation of men (I think). I did the diverse presentation of language hehe
Othello was the diverse presentation of language or presentation of men (I think). I did the diverse presentation of language hehe

Hey !! I’m trying to do a similar thing !! Do you know the streetcar question ?
Original post by 24456Goo

I didn't do Streetcar but I have a friend who did! I could totally ask her for u!
I didn't do Streetcar but I have a friend who did! I could totally ask her for u!

hi! did you get an answer from your friend by any chance?
Original post by Eanmaer2211
hi! did you get an answer from your friend by any chance?

Original post by 24456Goo

I did manage to! Sorry for the late reply hehe but the question she picked was presentation of family and the other question was something related to setting :P
(edited 2 years ago)
I did manage to! Sorry for the late reply hehe but the question she picked was presentation of family and the other question was something related to setting :P

Hi,

I was just wondering whether you, or your friend, would know the questions for the Romantic Poetry which came up in the Autumn resit? I am trying to put together a list of all the poems which have already come up in preparation for the summer exams. Thank you so much.
Original post by katiePORTMAN678
Hi,

I was just wondering whether you, or your friend, would know the questions for the Romantic Poetry which came up in the Autumn resit? I am trying to put together a list of all the poems which have already come up in preparation for the summer exams. Thank you so much.

I do Romantic Poetry but she doesn’t unfortunately! Good Luck for Summer exams :biggrin:
Reply 16

Is this for AQA???
Original post by ThyNDS
Is this for AQA???

Edexcel

Hi! Sorry I'm late to the thread, but for othello, would the diverse presentation of language be how each character uses a different kind of speech?

and do you remember the exact question for the presentation of men? I feel like it would be more complicated. If you remember please let me know!!

Thank you so much
Was also wondering about Rossetti! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest