The Student Room Group

Newcastle University A101 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had any rejections yet.. Is no news good news?
Just received a rejection via UCAS Hub
Sorry to hear that. Tbh I'm just waiting for my rejection to come through my UCAT score was no where near high enough
Original post by palma_waves
Just received a rejection via UCAS

Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for any other applications!
Would you mind sharing your UCAT score?
It's not even been 48 hours since my interview and already the wait feels agonising. :frown: It's so hard not to replay things I could have said differently or to worry about the parts where I went vague and waffly. I've gone from feeling like I had no idea how it went, to being reasonably optimistic, to thinking I ruined it for sure. This is going to be the tensest wait I've had in years.
Reply 45
Original post by Incidentaloma
It's not even been 48 hours since my interview and already the wait feels agonising. :frown: It's so hard not to replay things I could have said differently or to worry about the parts where I went vague and waffly. I've gone from feeling like I had no idea how it went, to being reasonably optimistic, to thinking I ruined it for sure. This is going to be the tensest wait I've had in years.

I know what you mean. But if it helps, my memory of my performance also gets worse the longer I think about it. I think we did at the very least decently. So if it doesn't work out then there's just some people who were even greater. Can't change anything now so try to focus on something else and have a nice couple of months. Do you have any other interviews?
Original post by TimGEM
I know what you mean. But if it helps, my memory of my performance also gets worse the longer I think about it. I think we did at the very least decently. So if it doesn't work out then there's just some people who were even greater. Can't change anything now so try to focus on something else and have a nice couple of months. Do you have any other interviews?

This is a sensible way to look at it. I'll just need to find a few distractions in the meantime. 😊

No, I only applied to Newcastle as I can't relocate.
I'm pretty sure the answer would be no but just wondering if Newcastle would automatically consider you for A100 if unsuccessful for A101?
Reply 48
Original post by gemplzx
I'm pretty sure the answer would be no but just wondering if Newcastle would automatically consider you for A100 if unsuccessful for A101?

You are right, they do not automatically consider you for A100. TO be considered for both requires an application for both.
I have known it happen, maybe once or twice, but not in the last 5 years, at least
Reply 49
Only just got my rejection from Newcastle, so looks like they were just sending out rejections in batches. My UCAT score was 3000, so it seems the cut off was 3010 - so a dip from last year (3040), but still very high compared to previous years. Wonder if this will be the trend for the following years. Good luck everyone for the rest of your interviews!
Newcastle interviewers we’re lovely, in case anyone in future years sees this. Just be yourself, they seem like they genuinely want you to do well
Nothing like a random email from the admissions thanking for attending the interview two weeks ago - my blood pressure just skyrocketed
Original post by pole5533
Nothing like a random email from the admissions thanking for attending the interview two weeks ago - my blood pressure just skyrocketed

A100 applicants got that too, I got mine and screeched thinking it was a rejection! Stay strong, looking forward to seeing you guys if we get in!
Original post by pole5533

Yep!! Even just seeing Newcastle in the email header, I got a random newsletter type one today from the uni and it made me stress for a second haha

I know the email says we’ll hear by the end of March so I shouldn’t panic just yet, but still!
Original post by Soot_sprite
Yep!! Even just seeing Newcastle in the email header, I got a random newsletter type one today from the uni and it made me stress for a second haha

Yes! Receiving info about student support when I don't know if I'll be a student there does nothing for the nerves either. 😋
Last year I think people started getting decisions on feb 17th so naturally I am refreshing ucas every four seconds 🥲 has anyone heard from ncl about when they might start sending out decisions?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by gemplzx
Last year I think people started getting decisions on feb 17th so naturally I am refreshing ucas every four seconds 🥲 has anyone heard from ncl about when they might start sending out decisions?

In the email it said they were planning to make all decisions by the end of March so I’m trying not to think about it until mid March! otherwise the wait is too stressful!
(edited 2 years ago)
I was hoping for some respite after getting rejected by Warwick till March, but oh boi, here I go compulsively checking my email 30x a day :biggrin:

I was also told we'd hear by the end of March, so realistically I'm not expecting anything this month, but who knows, last year's thread was told the same yet they started hearing back around this time also
Original post by gemplzx

I saw the Newcastle thread had been updated and I thought it was someone with an offer! Heart rate slowly returning to normal.
on friday admissions replied to me and explained that they’re hoping to start giving decisions out within 2 weeks, so by march 4th i guess?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending