The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A102 (BM6) 2022 Entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for University of Southampton A102 (BM6).

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Southampton.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the University of Southampton A102 (BM6) 2022 Entry Discussion.

Southampton A102 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2624819

Southampton A102 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022670

For general information click: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/courses/bm6_a102.page

For entry requirements click: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/courses/bm6_a102.page#entry_requirements%0A____________________

Southampton Medicine 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7184145

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
URGENT PLEASE - Hi, for 'point of entry' on UCAS do we select 'foundation year' or 'first year'? It's kind of a silly question but idk if it makes sense to repeat saying its a foundation year when its obvious that it is?
Reply 2
Original post by yaspsa
URGENT PLEASE - Hi, for 'point of entry' on UCAS do we select 'foundation year' or 'first year'? It's kind of a silly question but idk if it makes sense to repeat saying its a foundation year when its obvious that it is?

If you could urgently reply I'd be grateful as tomorrow is the last day for me to submit by my schools internal deadline :/
Reply 3
Original post by yaspsa

For BM6? Foundation Year.

Reply 4
Thank you
Reply 5
Hello there, I'm applying to the BM6 programme for 2022 entry, however I'm panicking because my predicted grades are as follows;
A - Sociology
B - Biology
D - Chemistry :frown:

GCSEs: 88777776665

Year 12 was a mess for me for chemistry due to me being all over the place after something bad happened, I don't understand because I came out with a 7 at GCSE. I spent the entire summer learning everything to do a retake and even though I improved, it wasn't enough to get pushed to a C immediately. My head of year recommended I apply anyway as I'm not too far off. Besides the D in chemistry which I know I can raise to a B by the time I actually sit my A-levels, do I stand a chance at all? Are low predicted grades the be all and end all? I am also applying for Plymouth and Keele foundation years which have a slightly more lenient requirement of BBC, and don't really consider predictions.
Original post by sephorali
Hello there, I'm applying to the BM6 programme for 2022 entry, however I'm panicking because my predicted grades are as follows;
A - Sociology
B - Biology
D - Chemistry :frown:

GCSEs: 88777776665

Year 12 was a mess for me for chemistry due to me being all over the place after something bad happened, I don't understand because I came out with a 7 at GCSE. I spent the entire summer learning everything to do a retake and even though I improved, it wasn't enough to get pushed to a C immediately. My head of year recommended I apply anyway as I'm not too far off. Besides the D in chemistry which I know I can raise to a B by the time I actually sit my A-levels, do I stand a chance at all? Are low predicted grades the be all and end all? I am also applying for Plymouth and Keele foundation years which have a slightly more lenient requirement of BBC, and don't really consider predictions.

I didn't realise you're able to apply with grades lower than the offer given? Honestly, I have no idea personally, but did you mention the situation you had to the med schools so they're aware while ranking people? Either way, I hope the best for you :emog:
Hi . Has anyone heard or received an email from the university? About forms or anything?
Original post by mohamedzz
Hi . Has anyone heard or received an email from the university? About forms or anything?

I think we should receive it soon!
What’s everyone’s stats? :smile:
When do they send the forms?
This thread is not active
This thread is not active

Perhaps it's (a very non-scientific piece of) evidence that this course is less competitive this year? :lol:

Don't want to get your hopes up too much though!

Did you apply for the course?
Did you apply for the course?

No, I just make (some of) the threads

Anyone received anything from the university admissions?
Has anyone received anything from admissions ؟

Nothing has come yet for me. I'd assume things will start coming when I see more comments in the thread lol
Original post by yippy-yikes
Nothing has come yet for me. I'd assume things will start coming when I see more comments in the thread lol

Just an email saying they will start sending out the eligibility forms for bm6
Just an email saying they will start sending out the eligibility forms for bm6

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending