The Student Room Group

S6 choices

Hi, so i handed in my choice sheet a few months back but I still have the option to change them. Currently my choices are higher history, advanced higher english, higher psychology and advanced higher maths.

However I think that I really want to take advanced higher physics but the only option I have is to swap it for advanced higher english. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do yet but I'm looking at the politics/philosophy. Any courses I have looked at don't require either subject so I am unsure on what to do.

Does anyone have any tips or is currently studying any of these subjects? Any advice would be helpful.
Thank u
I think if you would rather do physics, do physics. Advanced higher is a lot of work so you may as well study something you really want to do, universities don't really care about AH subjects too much so I say do physics if you think you would enjoy it more and get a better grade.
Original post by weaselll11
I think if you would rather do physics, do physics. Advanced higher is a lot of work so you may as well study something you really want to do, universities don't really care about AH subjects too much so I say do physics if you think you would enjoy it more and get a better grade.

Yeah im leaning more towards this, I dont really think I wll get a better grade but I think I will enjoy it more.

Thank u!
Reply 3
Honestly choose whatever subject you like the best. However if your school offers philosophy or politics or modern studies and you haven’t taken them yet in s5 I would try take take them in s6 so you get a feel of what you might do at uni. I’d take the advanced Highers you think you will enjoy the most because if you dislike the subject it’s going to be a horrible experience because they are normally quite a step up from higher. I applied for history/ politics this year so if you have any questions about the application for politics I can try answer them as well lol.
Original post by Ototot
Honestly choose whatever subject you like the best. However if your school offers philosophy or politics or modern studies and you haven’t taken them yet in s5 I would try take take them in s6 so you get a feel of what you might do at uni. I’d take the advanced Highers you think you will enjoy the most because if you dislike the subject it’s going to be a horrible experience because they are normally quite a step up from higher. I applied for history/ politics this year so if you have any questions about the application for politics I can try answer them as well lol.

Yeah I did modern studies this year and if I have any questions I will for sure ask!

Thank u
Hello, i am currently taking higher psychology have you got any tips or revision techniques as i am struggling to properly write and structure model answers. Any help would be much appreciated!
Original post by Lizziemuir
Hello, i am currently taking higher psychology have you got any tips or revision techniques as i am struggling to properly write and structure model answers. Any help would be much appreciated!

Really sorry I'm just seeing this now.

I'm currently doing higher Psychology too and this is what I find useful.

- I rewrite class notes- I type them up and condense them
-Then to start learning the content I will create mindmaps, voice recordings, and even try to teach others or say idea out loud.

I know that might sound a bit strange but presnting in any form can really help with remembering it.

In terms of structuring your answers for Psycology I find this quite difficult and honestly its soemthing that everyone gets taught a little differently. So if u have the opportunity and you feel that it would be usueful I would ask your teacher if they can go over it again maybe?

I hope this helps and good luck!
Original post by wonder girl
Really sorry I'm just seeing this now.

I'm currently doing higher Psychology too and this is what I find useful.

- I rewrite class notes- I type them up and condense them
-Then to start learning the content I will create mindmaps, voice recordings, and even try to teach others or say idea out loud.

I know that might sound a bit strange but presnting in any form can really help with remembering it.

In terms of structuring your answers for Psycology I find this quite difficult and honestly its soemthing that everyone gets taught a little differently. So if u have the opportunity and you feel that it would be usueful I would ask your teacher if they can go over it again maybe?

I hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you, this was really helpful!

Since writing this post in class we have done a skills week that went over how to answer questions and gain the most marks.

Thanks for your revision techniques !
Original post by Lizziemuir
Thank you, this was really helpful!

Since writing this post in class we have done a skills week that went over how to answer questions and gain the most marks.

Thanks for your revision techniques !

no problem!
I hope everything goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending