The Student Room Group

I slept with someone two days after my break up

So some background
Me and this guy were talking and dating for around 1 month and then we made it official after that and broke it off around a month later because I found out that he was talking so much **** about me to them and treating me like an object and I broke up with him plus during the relationship he'd say the most disrespectful things but I chalked it down to him not thinking which is true , I know this dude I know he doesn't think , anyway fast forward two nights after the break up I was out with a couple of my mates for drinks and I saw an attractive dude we started dancing and then kissing then I went to his hotel and we hooked up and I wanna know your thoughts
Reply 1
Was I wrong to hook up with someone else so quickly is what I'm asking
Original post by Anonymous
Was I wrong to hook up with someone else so quickly is what I'm asking

No.
So some background
Me and this guy were talking and dating for around 1 month and then we made it official after that and broke it off around a month later because I found out that he was talking so much **** about me to them and treating me like an object and I broke up with him plus during the relationship he'd say the most disrespectful things but I chalked it down to him not thinking which is true , I know this dude I know he doesn't think , anyway fast forward two nights after the break up I was out with a couple of my mates for drinks and I saw an attractive dude we started dancing and then kissing then I went to his hotel and we hooked up and I wanna know your thoughts

Well there’s not much to say
( I’m not saying this about you completely btw ) but I learnt growing up that if u love someone u can’t replace them that quickly
It’s like u don’t care enough in the end
I understand that he did treat u very badly but how do u expect someone on tsr to give advice or thoughts on the fact that u hooked up with someone random after ur breakup in 2 days
Reply 4
Well there’s not much to say
( I’m not saying this about you completely btw ) but I learnt growing up that if u love someone u can’t replace them that quickly
It’s like u don’t care enough in the end
I understand that he did treat u very badly but how do u expect someone on tsr to give advice or thoughts on the fact that u hooked up with someone random after ur breakup in 2 days

If I'm being honest I felt *****y about it cuz I was quite fond of him but what he did really just chucked out everything I felt for him and I was wondering If I was right to do that
Reply 5
umm you slept with someone, congrats? Not sure there's really an opinion to be held here, you can sleep with who you like when you like..
Reply 6
I wanna know if I'm a bad person or if I was okay to do that
Reply 7
Original post by Napp
umm you slept with someone, congrats? Not sure there's really an opinion to be held here, you can sleep with who you like when you like..

I was just wondering if I'm a bad person for doing that
Why does it matter what us strangers think?
Reply 9

You can do whatever you like, it’s about learning to be happy with your decisions rather than with what you think people might think of them - don’t live your life to please others, especially when they’re not the one in the relationship. There’s no right or wrong way for you to live.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10

Nope, just a normal person.
I wanna know if I'm a bad person or if I was okay to do that

you were not in a relationship, so you'd be free to do whatever you want.

if you were still in one, then yes, you'd be frowned upon as being a bad person for sleeping with someone random so soon.
remember the key details and never forget them

1) overage
2) safety
Reply 13
Original post by Adz2042
you were not in a relationship, so you'd be free to do whatever you want.

if you were still in one, then yes, you'd be frowned upon as being a bad person for sleeping with someone random so soon.

Some people might judge, many wouldn't. Sleeping with someone new after a breakup is often part of the processing of the breakup and does not make anyone a 'bad person.'

I want to give you an honest answer from someone who's been through quite a bit in the last few years of his life. You are not a bad person for doing things out of pain or struggle, it is very difficult to be a bad person unless we do these things to purposely hurt others. Would you have done has hurt you. Would you have done has caused you to likely feel worse about the breakup and feel terrible about sleeping with a stranger because truly this is a stranger. Sleeping around casually, as much as people on the internet would like to say it is fine and you should be able to sleep with whoever you'd like, doesn't seem to bring about much happiness for anyone. Because sleeping around is purely a temporary nonsensical satisfaction of a human urge that we should be able to control. You are using something as beautiful and as powerful as sex as a mere tool to fulfill a temporary desire that will give you satisfaction for what would be a couple of minutes to maybe an hour. You're devaluing yourself and hurting your being and your spirit because you are angry at somebody else or because you simply have learned to see sex as casual. You are not a bad person, but what you are doing is bad. What you are doing will find you no respite and what you are doing will find you no peace in life. Respect yourself and learn to value yourself. Instead of looking after casual sex, why not read books on values and virtues that humans can follow to give true fulfillment to our otherwise meaningless existence. The world will tell you that it is okay to sleep around no matter how wrong it feels every time you do it, no matter how empty you feel every time you give in to a person you barely know, no matter how much you see it that they are unhappy that they cannot experience true relationships that they find difficulty and even holding down one person. The world would lie to you friend and the world will tell you and rationalize its own disturbed nature in order to make sense of what they know isn't right. To answer your question, you're not a bad person you did a bad thing be better.
So some background

I want to give you an honest answer from someone who's been through quite a bit in the last few years of his life. You are not a bad person for doing things out of pain or struggle, it is very difficult to be a bad person unless we do these things to purposely hurt others. Would you have done has hurt you. Would you have done has caused you to likely feel worse about the breakup and feel terrible about sleeping with a stranger because truly this is a stranger. Sleeping around casually, as much as people on the internet would like to say it is fine and you should be able to sleep with whoever you'd like, doesn't seem to bring about much happiness for anyone. Because sleeping around is purely a temporary nonsensical satisfaction of a human urge that we should be able to control. You are using something as beautiful and as powerful as sex as a mere tool to fulfill a temporary desire that will give you satisfaction for what would be a couple of minutes to maybe an hour. You're devaluing yourself and hurting your being and your spirit because you are angry at somebody else or because you simply have learned to see sex as casual. You are not a bad person, but what you are doing is bad. What you are doing will find you no respite and what you are doing will find you no peace in life. Respect yourself and learn to value yourself. Instead of looking after casual sex, why not read books on values and virtues that humans can follow to give true fulfillment to our otherwise meaningless existence. The world will tell you that it is okay to sleep around no matter how wrong it feels every time you do it, no matter how empty you feel every time you give in to a person you barely know, no matter how much you see it that they are unhappy that they cannot experience true relationships that they find difficulty and even holding down one person. The world would lie to you friend and the world will tell you and rationalize its own disturbed nature in order to make sense of what they know isn't right. To answer your question, you're not a bad person you did a bad thing be better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending