The Student Room Group

Lecturers Won’t give me a Reference

I did a taught masters degree last year but the course was taught entirely online because of corona. I have asked several lecturers for references so I can do phd but will not give me one. I asked 4 people who taught and all gave similar answer that they never met me, don’t know me and it hard to judge person over screen on zoom. My friends also have same problem. Only person willing was my ma supervisor. How do I get a reference as I need 3 academic and only can get 1?
Original post by Selma921
I did a taught masters degree last year but the course was taught entirely online because of corona. I have asked several lecturers for references so I can do phd but will not give me one. I asked 4 people who taught and all gave similar answer that they never met me, don’t know me and it hard to judge person over screen on zoom. My friends also have same problem. Only person willing was my ma supervisor. How do I get a reference as I need 3 academic and only can get 1?

what about your lecturers from your undergrad?
Can you contact the PhD university and ask them if they will accept one referee and that the reason for no other referee is because of the impact of corona virus teaching changes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending