The Student Room Group

Law interview at Lucy cavendish

Any advice for the Lucy cavendish law interview ?
Past admissions interview questions for Law:

Why do you want to study law?

What are the for and against arguments for bicycle helmets?' (The Student Room)

What does it mean for someone to ‘take’ another's car? (Oxford University Website)

If a wife had expressed distaste for it previously, would her husband’s habit of putting marmalade in his egg at breakfast be grounds for divorce? (molivam42's weblog)

If my friend locks me in a room, and says I am free to come out whenever I like as long as I pay £5, is this a deprivation of liberty? (molivam42's weblog)

What effect on the whole of society does someone crashing into a lamppost have? (molivam42's weblog)

Does a girl scout have a political agenda? (Oxbridge Applications)

Should the use of mobile phones be banned on public transport? (Oxbridge Applications)

Where does honesty fit into Law? (Oxbridge Applications)

Define 'at fault'. (Oxbridge Applications)

How do you think the House of Lords should be reformed? (Oxbridge Applications)

Reduction of an article of 1,300 words to 150-200 words. (Oxbridge Applications)

What have you read in the papers recently that relates to international law? (Oxbridge Applications)

What is the difference between intention and foresight? (Oxbridge applications)

What is best: a written or non-written constitution? (Oxbridge Applications)

Explain Naomi Campbell's life? (Oxbridge Applications)

If the punishment for parking on double yellow lines were death, and therefore nobody did it, would that be a just and effective law? (Oxford University website) (Oxford Interview Questions)

Can you imagine a world without laws? (Oxford Interview Questions)

Describe ‘respect for the freedom of conscience.’ (Oxford Interview Questions)

Can a computer have a conscience? (Oxford Interview Questions)

Should judges have a legislative role? (Oxford Interview Questions)

What do you think the uses of traffic lights are? (Oxford Interview Questions)

Smith sees Jones walking towards the edge of a cliff. Smith knows Jones is blind, but doesn;t like him, so allows him to walk off the edge. Is this murder? (Oxford Interview Questions)

If A gave B £100 thinking it was a loan and B accepted the money thinking it was a gift, should he give it back? (Oxford Interview Questions)

What is reasonable belief? (Oxford Interview Questions)

Where do you see International Law in fifty years’ time? (Oxford Interview Questions)

Is wearing school uniform a breach of human rights? (Oxford Interview Questions)

Is someone guilty of an offence if they did not set out to commit a crime but ended up in doing so? (Oxford Interview Questions)

Would you trade your scarf for my bike, even if you have no idea what state it’s in or if I even have one? (Oxford Interview Questions)

If you could go back in time to any period of time when it would be and why? (Oxford Interview Questions)

Should anyone be able to serve on a jury? (Oxford Interview Questions)

Compare these bottles of Tesco and Timotei shampoo. (Oxford Interview Questions)

Where does the state have the right to violate privacy? (Oxford Interview Questions)

Do you think courts are like theatres? (Cambridge interview - The Student Room)

Does law create morality or does morality create law? (Cambridge interview - The Student Room)

How comfortable is that chair? (Cambridge interview - The Student Room)

Should judges be able to over-rule decisions made by parliament? (Cambridge interview - Oxbridge applications)

a man, who is stuck in a burning house, calls to you and offers to pay you a lot of money if you save him. however, upon saving him, he refuses to pay you this money. can you sue him? (Cambridge interview - Oxbridge applications)

what is the difference between a rule, a command and a request? (Cambridge interview - Oxbridge applications)

what is the meaning of life? (Cambridge interview - Oxbridge applications)

Who do you most admire and why? (Oxford interview - Oxbridge applications)

If a bank manager tells me I have £100 in my account when I actually have £90, and I go out and spend £100 thinking I have that amount, who is at fault and should I have to pay the money back to the bank? (Oxford interview - Oxbridge applications)

If I said Manchester won a football match believing without a doubt that this was true but actually Chelsea won, was I lying? (Oxford interview - Oxbridge applications)

if a man was in prison and dying, would it be right to kill him and give his organs to seven or so people? (Oxford interview - Oxbridge applications)

if there is a baby in a supermarket with a bomb strapped to it, would you shoot the baby to save x no of people? (Oxford interview - Oxbridge applications)

you’re in a desert and 2 enemies are working independently. one poisons your water bottle, the other then tips the water out (not knowing it was poisoned). you walk out into the desert and die of thirst. which one is guilty of murder? (Oxford interview - Oxbridge applications)

your old aunt Ethel has given you too much money for your birthday and you're aware of her mistake. she's getting on a bit so what should you do? what does that law require you to do? (Oxford interview - Oxbridge applications)

How would I react if a blind person was walking towards a ditch, and I was the only person around who could save his life by informing him of the ditch? Do I owe the blind man a duty to inform him? If I fail to act and the blind man falls into the ditch and dies, am I held responsible? (that oxford girl)

A farmer lights a furnace, however the farmer then leaves one of his workers in charge to look after the furnace. The worker then falls asleep and the fire escapes the furnace, burning the neighbours house. 1) Who do I think caused the accident? 2) Who should have to pay for the loss? 3) Are there any justifications or defences for the person who is liable to pay for the loss. (that oxford girl)
Original post by 2009mjanjua
Any advice for the Lucy cavendish law interview ?

Have you had it already? I'm also applying to Lucy for Law and I have mine tomorrow!
Reply 3
Original post by Scallop112
Have you had it already? I'm also applying to Lucy for Law and I have mine tomorrow!

Mine is a tomorrow too ! You ready ?
Mine is a tomorrow too ! You ready ?

I mean I've gone over my statement in detail and everything but it's pre-reading so there's only so much we can do lol
Reply 5
I mean I've gone over my statement in detail and everything but it's pre-reading so there's only so much we can do lol

Just hope for the best :smile: good luck I hope we get in
Just hope for the best :smile: good luck I hope we get in

Good luck ^^
Reply 7
How did it go ?! Mine was an absolute shambles
How did it go ?! Mine was an absolute shambles

Nooo shambles probably meant you felt challenged, right? Mine felt... 'fine'? Idk how else to describe it, haha. One thing I'm worried about is that it ended in 20 mins, was that due to scheduling or because they felt bored? How long was yours?
Reply 9
Nooo shambles probably meant you felt challenged, right? Mine felt... 'fine'? Idk how else to describe it, haha. One thing I'm worried about is that it ended in 20 mins, was that due to scheduling or because they felt bored? How long was yours?

It was a fast 20 minutes! The pre-reading was horrific !
It was a fast 20 minutes! The pre-reading was horrific !

My brain blanked out at first but then I managed to summarised everything in my notes so I think it wasn't tooo bad? How do you feel you answered questions? There were a couple of points where I felt hella stupid and others where I felt like I made a nuanced point, but overall very 'oh well, that was fine I suppose'. The professors were also so nice??
(edited 2 years ago)
The interviewers were alright I just knew they got annoyed when I couldn’t figure out what “possession” meant lmao ….it is what it is
The interviewers were alright I just knew they got annoyed when I couldn’t figure out what “possession” meant lmao ….it is what it is

Do you guys have your 2nd interview exactly a week later, same time, same day as well?
"If a wife had expressed distaste for it previously, would her husband’s habit of putting marmalade in his egg at breakfast be grounds for divorce?" What would be your response to this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending