The Student Room Group

Help please, send bad email to recruitment

So I sent the following email and was in a rush, it was only until after I sent it re-read and realised it might sound rude. Do you think they will notice this?

When I say "I applied over a month ago" I meant to say it in a way like it's been a while, not in a rude tone. Do you think I am overthinking this?

"
Hi team,

I was wondering if you are able to provide an update on my application for the 2022 XXX Position.

I applied over a month ago, I was just curious if I am still being considered or not.

Thank you so much!

Kind Regards,

X

"
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mahmzo
So I sent the following email and was in a rush, it was only until after I sent it re-read and realised it might sound rude. Do you think they will notice this?

When I say "I applied over a month ago" I meant to say it in a way like it's been a while, not in a rude tone. Do you think I am overthinking this?

"
Hi team,

I was wondering if you are able to provide an update on my application for the 2022 XXX Position.

I applied over a month ago, I was just curious if I am still being considered or not.

Thank you so much!

Kind Regards,

X

"

It's little 'to the point', but certainly not rude enough to affect the outcome of your application. Given that it's been a month, I don't think they can grumble.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
It's little 'to the point', but certainly not rude enough to affect the outcome of your application. Given that it's been a month, I don't think they can grumble.

Thanks for this reassurance. Was starting to panic a bit. Hopefully all goes well haha
Original post by Admit-One

Original post by mahmzo
Thanks for this reassurance. Was starting to panic a bit. Hopefully all goes well haha

I agree it's a bit to the point but doesn't seem rude :nah:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending