The Student Room Group

Will 2022 exams take place?

I know it is most likely to happen and government announced we need to do at least 3 exams in case they are not happening

Idk if they are saying u need to do 3 exams because they already know it wont take place so they are strict about how many we need to do or what??

Like last year they didnt announce anything and exams didnt take place. Now that new variant has occurred and it is more contagious what will happen next?
(edited 2 years ago)
Do you mean 2022 exams?
Reply 2
Original post by Greebo85
Do you mean 2022 exams?

sorry yes :smile:
Reply 3
Nah they’ll happen. There’s no more lockdown happening.
Tbh it’s anyones guess what will happen re exams next year.
I just think you have to work, revise, do your best because you’ll either sit an exam or be awarded a grade.
Reply 5
InShaaAllah they do or else i will acc kms, also I hope I dont get attacked for being a muzlim ooops
Reply 6
If they are cancelled it will be because disruption to education has varied massively across the UK, and it is unfair to complete performance of people who have suffered a lot of disruption and those who have had a more normal time at school. If exams go ahead, the gap between disadvantaged and schools which managed seamlessly will be huge.
Reply 7
I was 100% sure they would be up. until like this week. Omicron is starting to be a problem so now I'm down to 85% sure they will go ahead.

Current y11s and 13s have arguably had the most affected education out of all year groups. Especially with variation across schools, I know some have barely been affected, but my school has had like 3 whole school quarantines in addition to the national lockdowns, each lasting two weeks. . I reckon over the course of y12, I either miss or learned online for about 4-5 months. And there were plenty of teacher absences too.

Personally I want to do exams, but logically, if there is any more disruption they have to cancel them really out of fairness I think. The TAGs system has been much better implemented this year as well, while it will never be a perfect system, schools have (or should have) made students very aware that termly tests will count towards TAGs in the event of exams being cancelled.
Original post by Honey57

bro, already 200 cases in England already.

like wdym no lockdown???
Original post by pepsiu
I was 100% sure they would be up. until like this week. Omicron is starting to be a problem so now I'm down to 85% sure they will go ahead.

Current y11s and 13s have arguably had the most affected education out of all year groups. Especially with variation across schools, I know some have barely been affected, but my school has had like 3 whole school quarantines in addition to the national lockdowns, each lasting two weeks. . I reckon over the course of y12, I either miss or learned online for about 4-5 months. And there were plenty of teacher absences too.

Personally I want to do exams, but logically, if there is any more disruption they have to cancel them really out of fairness I think. The TAGs system has been much better implemented this year as well, while it will never be a perfect system, schools have (or should have) made students very aware that termly tests will count towards TAGs in the event of exams being cancelled.

There are problems with TAGs like teacher bias, students not being explicitly told to prioritise the weekly assessments and the extra pressure on students to perform for EVERY single assessment till May.
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
bro, already 200 cases in England already.

like wdym no lockdown???

Absolutely no one cares. We have to live with it and adapt it.
Original post by Honey57
Absolutely no one cares. We have to live with it and adapt it.

bro ppl care. costs jobs, money and education once it happens

you were acting like it wont happen
Reply 12
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
bro ppl care. costs jobs, money and education once it happens

you were acting like it wont happen

I think they mean that there won't be a lock down because people don't care about catching Covid any more.
Reply 13
I don't think they will take place this year either. Recent news said that "covid passports and working from home to be expected", so there's that
Original post by Honey57

That's exactly what we were told last year. I remember all my teachers saying they are 100% sure exams will be taking place and look what happened... We went into another lockdown in December and they got cancelled
I'm on the fence about it.

My kids are home educated, and already their tutors are putting contingency plans into place in case exams are cancelled. For some of their subjects, they're taking mocks next week, in Feb, and at Easter to be used in case Tutor Assessed Grades are needed.

I'm really not sure at this point about the likelihood of summer exams. I guess we'll see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending