The Student Room Group

Equality ✨👀

This is mainly me venting about how i feel about equal rights and standards of beauty and how it pisses me off ) from my experience and only my opinion, not to offend anybody ) but if u don’t find that interesting then move along to another post 😍

For context I am a girl (17 yrs old )

Not providing women equal rights in the workforce would impede economic progress as half of Singapore’s workforce is made up of women.

I feel that it is highly desirable that total equality exists between the sexes, total equality meaning that both genders can choose to contradict gender stereotypes and not to suffer discrimination as a result of it. On the other hand because of reasons that are beyond the control of any civilisation, such as traditional mindsets and natural attributes to both genders, time has proven that it is impossible to have total gender equality.

Although it is impossible to have COMPLETE gender equality, I still think that people could make a better effort in supporting each other n speaking up more ig

There have been many times where have had guys looking up my dress or skirt, older men whistling at me on the street, told to be more feminine and to sit like a proper young girl.
This all made me uncomfortable and ever since those experiences I haven’t even worn a skirt in such a long time because I’m embarrassed now and don’t feel safe on the streets alone sometimes
I’m not saying guys don’t get this as well, I’m just speaking abt what happened to me.
Being touched by a guy at skl is funny and okay to do that as long as they say sorry when they get told off by a teacher, but what the teachers don’t understand is that saying sorry doesn’t fix anything, because at the end of the day those same guys will still do what they want. And u can’t forget it immediately, or yk what really annoys me, social mediaaaa like wtf is wrong w society ?! Ofc they have plus sized models and everything but they make such a big deal out of it, like they want recognition and praise for something they should have done ages ago
Like seriously all I saw before was perfect skinny models who are beautiful and live like princesses, but that is so unrealistic because young children also saw that and growing up all I could think about was not eating as much to be skinny and becoming perfect in the future for people to like me. But now that brands are selling clothes or any other adverting, they really make it dramatic just so it makes the targeted audience or customers think goodly about their business and they earn more profits
But all it does is make me angry because it shouldn’t have to be made into that big of a deal when they make a slight difference
Like, why couldn’t companies and social media portray underweight and overweight people as beautiful too ? But noooo 🙄 for some reason they decide to make sure people like famous tiktokers and people with the considered beauty standard get a huge platform, yeh some worked extremely hard to get the recognition and platform but I don’t like how some females just got millions of people obsessed with them because of the beauty that they have aka being skinny or having a hour glass shape body. Now some people just assume that they need to change themselves in order to be pretty
Ofc it’s fair sometimes but wtf is going on w this world man

Many of my girl friends don’t like the way they look because of media nowadays, I hear oh no u can see my acne scars w this filter on and “I wish I was skinnier

Also, women being weak” ! I was in gym class and one of the guys form my class offered me help when I was told by my teacher to lift the big bag of netballs, he automatically thought I wouldn’t be able to carry by myself
So he said to let him carry it because apparently it looked too heavy for me ffs but it want heavy at all and yeh I understand he could have just been nice or whatever but
Oh n in movies, where u have the classic girl who needs help from a guy
Producers and directors think it’s okay to stick w the same theme over and over again without realising that they add more to the stereotypical views everyone already has
I’m going to sleep now

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I’m going to sleep now

Lol gn
(edited 2 years ago)
Shouldn’t it be morning in singapore?
What you see on social media is entirely dependent on who you follow; for example, I don’t any models on my feed. Obesity rate in Singapore is only 8.9% so companies don’t have to cater to the small minority when they do it by choice. I don’t understand your point about portraying overweight people as beautiful as beauty is subjective but most people are turned off by weight. Moreover, the media should also be responsible in not promoting unhealthy lifestyles. I personally don’t care about hourglass bodies as long as she’s in a healthy weight range. However, I do agree with your last point about how girls shouldn’t be portrayed as weak.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by hungrysalamander
What you see on social media is entirely dependent on who you follow; for example, I don’t any models on my feed. Obesity rate in Singapore is only 9.8% so companies don’t have to cater to the small minority when they do it by choice. I don’t understand your point about portraying overweight people as beautiful as beauty is subjective but most people are turned off by weight. Moreover, the media should also be responsible in not promoting unhealthy lifestyles. I personally don’t care about hourglass bodies as long as she’s in a healthy weight range. However, I do agree with your last point about how girls shouldn’t be portrayed as weak.

almost every social media platform has algorithms that push popular things based on demographics. not every site is tumblr.
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
almost every social media platform has algorithms that push popular things based on demographics. not every site is tumblr.

I mean based on my experience on instagram as a guy(the only social media I use unless you count YouTube), I only see posts from accounts I follow. I would sometimes get weird stuff if i go to my explore page so I usually stay away from it.
(edited 2 years ago)
What you see on social media is entirely dependent on who you follow; for example, I don’t any models on my feed. Obesity rate in Singapore is only 9.8% so companies don’t have to cater to the small minority when they do it by choice. I don’t understand your point about portraying overweight people as beautiful as beauty is subjective but most people are turned off by weight. Moreover, the media should also be responsible in not promoting unhealthy lifestyles. I personally don’t care about hourglass bodies as long as she’s in a healthy weight range. I do agree with your last point about how girls shouldn’t be portrayed as weak.

Indeed being overweight should not be portrayed as beautiful because:
1) it's not.
2) it's unhealthy.
The weakness point is just politeness and in actuality women cannot carry as heavy loads as men on average so it is somewhat sensible to offer. Though personally I wouldn't try to carry anyone's load.
You are right about body shape, in general people do not care about that as long as the female is clearly of a healthy weight.
Original post by sufys12
1) it's not.
2) it's unhealthy.
The weakness point is just politeness and in actuality women cannot carry as heavy loads as men on average so it is somewhat sensible to offer. Though personally I wouldn't try to carry anyone's load.
You are right about body shape, in general people do not care about that as long as the female is clearly of a healthy weight.

PRSOM.
Original post by sufys12
1) it's not.
2) it's unhealthy.

being overweight can be caused by a number of genetic factors and it's unfair to expect everyone to be "average" despite them. being overweight is unhealthy due to secondary effects that can be managed individually to varying degrees. having chronic pain isn't really healthy but that doesn't mean they can't be portrayed as attractive? losing weight through calorie deficits can be incredibly taxing on your body, and isn't an option for everyone, especially lower/lower-middle class people.
remember heroin chic? the current trend is that butt-lift plastic surgery rate with a high mortality rate? don't act like there aren't huge pressures for women's bodies to be certain shapes.
(edited 2 years ago)
being overweight can be caused by a number of genetic factors and it's unfair to expect everyone to be "average" despite them. being overweight is unhealthy due to secondary effects that can be managed individually to varying degrees. having chronic pain isn't really healthy but that doesn't mean they can't be portrayed as attractive?
remember heroin chic? the current trend is that butt-lift plastic surgery rate with a high mortality rate? don't act like there aren't huge pressures for women's bodies to be certain shapes.

Even with genetics considered, obesity can still be overcome with a healthy diet, exercise, sleep, hydration etc. Anyone can be healthy weight if they put effort into it. Health does have correlation to attraction and saying that the majority of people would find being overweight attractive is lying to yourself. I wasn’t around when heroin chic was a trend 30 years ago and had to google what it is which shows that it’s not an issue for modern society. I believe that women play too much of an emphasis on (healthy) body shapes, just like how men put too much emphasis on height, when the opposite sex cares much less about it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Even with genetics considered, obesity can still be overcome with a healthy diet, exercise, sleep, hydration etc. Anyone can be healthy weight if they put effort into it. Health does have correlation to attraction and saying that the majority of people would find being overweight attractive is lying to yourself. I wasn’t around when heroin chic was a trend 30 years ago and had to google what it is which shows that it’s not an issue for modern society. I believe that women play too much of an emphasis on (healthy) body shapes, just like how men put too much emphasis on height, when the opposite sex cares much less about it.

healthy diet and exercise are not available to everyone. certain medical conditions make it harder to lose weight, exercise + diet both require economic means. fat people are not inherently unhealthy, you can eat a healthy diet+exercise and still be fat. People should not be expected to maintain a state of stress on their body in order to be able to be considered attractive.

You keep treating the models + beauty standards OP was referring to as if the standard is a healthy weight. idk how to tell you this, but models are often borderline underweight. A lot of the people you would consider "chubby" are within a normal weight range. bodies are far more complex than a number between 18.5 and 25.

I wasn't saying heroin chic was the current trend, I was listing it as an example of drastic standards from the past (i also listed a current trend btw, which you seem to have missed). Women place emphasis on those things because there are billion dollar industries based on convincing them their body shape is incorrect and needs to be fixed.

what exactly am i lying to myself about?
(edited 2 years ago)
being overweight can be caused by a number of genetic factors and it's unfair to expect everyone to be "average" despite them. being overweight is unhealthy due to secondary effects that can be managed individually to varying degrees. having chronic pain isn't really healthy but that doesn't mean they can't be portrayed as attractive? losing weight through calorie deficits can be incredibly taxing on your body, and isn't an option for everyone, especially lower/lower-middle class people.

You can still be slim and healthy even if genetically predisposed to being overweight.
Healthy body shapes are more likely to be pressures from women rather than men. Men as a collective do not care about the 'hourglass figure'. They care about the T and A which can easily be detected as fake and from surgery which is a turnoff. Thus your idea of societal expectations is effectively meaningless as there is no meaningful way to change the main attributes that matter.
Massive turn-offs that the majority of the male population have cannot be portrayed as attractive in a woman and vice versa... It's rather silly to suggest that could possibly be the case.
Also bad genetics is not an excuse for the failure to be attractive. Never heard of heroin chic I'm 14...
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sufys12
You can't portray a massive turn-off as attractive lol. Whether it's genetic or not means nothing... I'm not going to have a change of heart in a sexual manner for someone with cystic fibrosis or some other condition just because they cannot control it? It doesn't work that way. Now, it's also a turn off if the girl's bum isn't natural... that's a waste of time. If someone was so desperate they could do some workout to increase the size of their bottom in a healthy manner... No, you cannot be attractive if you have chronic pain or whatever. Attractiveness doesn't work like your rather utopian suggestion. No there aren't huge pressures and if there are they are coming from the women themselves. Guys only care about (in regards to attractiveness) whether one is slim, and subsequently their breasts and bottom which of course cannot be controlled and if the girl undergoes surgery to change it it would turn off guys if they know it's fake. So overall these 'societal pressures' are nonsensical as there's no effective way to change one's body to conform to these pressures, so the pressures are effectively meaningless. I acknowledge that I have likely deviated from the original topic, sort of rambled on...

being attractive is subjective, and deciding that a group of people are universally unattractive because you've been taught that fatness is inherently unhealthy is the problem. i couldn't care less who you individually find attractive, but sweeping statements about what types of bodies deserve to be found attractive by anyone are nonsensical.
a better example than cystic fibrosis is acne scars. saying everyone with acne scars can't be attractive is strange. plenty of people have acne scars, and plenty of them are attractive, even if generally we're taught they're not an attractive feature.
beauty standards are reinforced by everyone, not just men. i literally just mentioned the fact that billion dollar industries need this demand in order to exist.
you do realize that just because a beauty standard is unattainable or conflicting doesn't mean people won't try to attain it, right? eating disorders exist for a reason lmao. anorexic men can't simultaneously have defined muscles + be underweight. i still see them try though.
being attractive is subjective, and deciding that a group of people are universally unattractive because you've been taught that fatness is inherently unhealthy is the problem. i couldn't care less who you individually find attractive, but sweeping statements about what types of bodies deserve to be found attractive by anyone are nonsensical.
a better example than cystic fibrosis is acne scars. saying everyone with acne scars can't be attractive is strange. plenty of people have acne scars, and plenty of them are attractive, even if generally we're taught they're not an attractive feature.
beauty standards are reinforced by everyone, not just men. i literally just mentioned the fact that billion dollar industries need this demand in order to exist.
you do realize that just because a beauty standard is unattainable or conflicting doesn't mean people won't try to attain it, right? eating disorders exist for a reason lmao. anorexic men can't simultaneously have defined muscles + be underweight. i still see them try though.

Well, it is inherently unhealthy so I don't see your point. What you've effectively stated here is that "The truth is the problem". That's rather absurd. And attraction has nothing to do with that regardless. I never used the word deserve. I don't think people necessarily deserve to be attractive- they just happen to be as such. Of course being attractive is subjective. But there is a trend as to what people are attracted to- slim, healthy, bodies. Companies can promote whatever the s*** they want to , that won't change sexual attraction at all. If a beauty standard is unattainable... then it's their fault or the fault of their mental illness that they are pursuing it.
Well anorexia is not a good example in that case as it's unattractive to be that thin. Again, this is a 'sweeping statement' that applies to most men...
Original post by sufys12
You can still be slim and healthy even if genetically predisposed to being overweight.
Healthy body shapes are more likely to be pressures from women rather than men. Men as a collective do not care about the 'hourglass figure'. They care about the T and A which can easily be detected as fake and from surgery which is a turnoff. Thus your idea of societal expectations is effectively meaningless as there is no meaningful way to change the main attributes that matter.
Massive turn-offs that the majority of the male population have cannot be portrayed as attractive in a woman and vice versa... It's rather silly to suggest that could possibly be the case.
Also bad genetics is not an excuse for the failure to be attractive. Never heard of heroin chic I'm 14...

There are multiple articles stating that the beauty standard has changed over the years - and that being obese was desired (not to say it's necessarily healthy but :dontknow:):
https://www.thelist.com/44261/womens-perfect-body-types-changed-throughout-history/

Also if companies should not be promoting unhealthiness, I'm sure you won't mind KFC, McDonalds and other fast food restaurants having their ads wiped from the face of the earth?

The A you mention relates to the hourglass figure??

For a 14 year old, you seem incredibly ignorant to the pressures that come from both men and women to look a certain way...
You also both seem to have missed the current trend that someone mentioned?

"If a beauty standard is unattainable... then it's their fault or the fault of their mental illness that they are pursuing it."
- No it isn't, it's the fault of the company for pushing this out and telling people this is what is attractive (when a lot of the time it's just editing), if you see that another human can look like that, it's extremely easy to assume that you can too?
healthy diet and exercise are not available to everyone. certain medical conditions make it harder to lose weight, exercise + diet both require economic means. fat people are not inherently unhealthy, you can eat a healthy diet+exercise and still be fat. People should not be expected to maintain a state of stress on their body in order to be able to be considered attractive.

Even considering medical conditions, which isn't the predominant cause of obesity, it can be managed with medications such as with levothyroxine in hypothyrodism. The economic argument you mentioned has an opposite effect on health, wealthy countries tend to have higher obesity rates. Exercise, such as walking/cycling to work or jogging in the park is free, and vegetables are cheaper than meat; nobody's saying that weight loss can only be achieved in a gym with a personal trainer. Saying that obesity is unhealthy is false especially when it is a major risk factor in many conditions like type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease.
You keep treating the models + beauty standards OP was referring to as if the standard is a healthy weight. idk how to tell you this, but models are often borderline underweight. A lot of the people you would consider "chubby" are within a normal weight range. bodies are far more complex than a number between 18.5 and 25.

I have never mentioned models as the beauty standard, idk where you got that from, underweight people are unattractive too. I'm only using the simplified medical definition as what is considered healthy. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/obesity/
I wasn't saying heroin chic was the current trend, I was listing it as an example of drastic standards from the past (i also listed a current trend btw, which you seem to have missed). Women place emphasis on those things because there are billion dollar industries based on convincing them their body shape is incorrect and needs to be fixed.

what exactly am i lying to myself about?

I was about to go to sleep and didn't want to research bbl. I'm assuming that you're talking about this
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/feb/09/brazilian-butt-lift-worlds-most-dangerous-cosmetic-surgery
I've only skim-read it but based on what I saw, most of the deaths are caused by cheaper clinics abroad which perform the surgery to a lower standard. Kim Kardashian is cited as one of the pressures in the article. I agree that Kim Kardashian's body is unobtainable and unappealing and she is a negative influence to women. The billion dollar companies have their interests, but it's up to women to decide if they want to serve their interests or not.
You're lying to yourself if you believe that society should be attracted to what is conventionally unattractive. Isn't it easier to change individuals to fit what is considered attractive than to change society to be attracted to an unattractive trait?
Original post by AmIReallyHere
There are multiple articles stating that the beauty standard has changed over the years - and that being obese was desired (not to say it's necessarily healthy but :dontknow:):
https://www.thelist.com/44261/womens-perfect-body-types-changed-throughout-history/

Also if companies should not be promoting unhealthiness, I'm sure you won't mind KFC, McDonalds and other fast food restaurants having their ads wiped from the face of the earth?

The A you mention relates to the hourglass figure??

For a 14 year old, you seem incredibly ignorant to the pressures that come from both men and women to look a certain way...
You also both seem to have missed the current trend that someone mentioned?

"If a beauty standard is unattainable... then it's their fault or the fault of their mental illness that they are pursuing it."
- No it isn't, it's the fault of the company for pushing this out and telling people this is what is attractive (when a lot of the time it's just editing), if you see that another human can look like that, it's extremely easy to assume that you can too?

I know that obesity was once desired. That was in historic eras of scarcity, in which the commoner could afford less food so being overweight was a status symbol and thus desired as a result. We live in an era of abundance in which almost all of us can afford vast quantities of food so a healthy weight is better as it shows self-control. I think portraying morbidly obese people as sexually desirable is more of a problem than the advertisement of fast food, though I wouldn't care much if the ads were to cease to exist.
What trend did I miss? Also you think companies can control attraction? That's a rather silly proposition... since one cannot control what they are attracted to, I don't see why a company of all things could. T and A stands for breasts and bottom... just ignore that though it's irrelevant. Hourglass figure is not something that people take notice of when it comes to sexual attraction, rather they take notice of the body parts I mentioned as well as how slim or fat they are... Also do you really think that in an age where we know obesity is highly unhealthy should attempt to force attraction to (frankly, repulsive) bodies (and this is not possible anymore as we know this is unhealthy anyhow) instead of have people to change to fit the attractiveness convention? It's really silly to be honest. Fat in general was never attractive anyway. In history it was simply desired as it would mean the prospective partner would be richer...

I'm not ignorant.
Original post by sufys12
Well, it is inherently unhealthy so I don't see your point. What you've effectively stated here is that "The truth is the problem". That's rather absurd. And attraction has nothing to do with that regardless. I never used the word deserve. I don't think people necessarily deserve to be attractive- they just happen to be as such. Of course being attractive is subjective. But there is a trend as to what people are attracted to- slim, healthy, bodies. Companies can promote whatever the s*** they want to , that won't change sexual attraction at all. If a beauty standard is unattainable... then it's their fault or the fault of their mental illness that they are pursuing it.
Well anorexia is not a good example in that case as it's unattractive to be that thin. Again, this is a 'sweeping statement' that applies to most men...

I have explained already how being overweight isn't inherently unhealthy. just stating that it is and saying you don't understand doesn't refute my point.

historically people have been attracted to signs of wealth. Being able to afford not to work and to eat a lot of food was considered attractive. now, being able to devote money and time to complex workouts and special diets is attractive.

Don't you find it weird that companies have to promote a body type you think people are "naturally" attracted to? if that were true wouldn't they not have to promote it?

Having flawless skin is a very hard to attain beauty standard, yet women are statistically less likely to be chosen during job interviews if they don't wear make up. There are social pressures to pursue unattainable beauty standards, and there are repercussions for people who do not live up to them.
I can link statistics for the above if you would like.

Anorexia is a mental disorder and isn't mainly defined by the way you look. You can be overweight or an average weight and anorexic (called atypical anorexia). You keep applying what you find attractive universally. Whether the idea you have of anorexic people in your head seems attractive to you is entirely irrelevant to this.
Even considering medical conditions, which isn't the predominant cause of obesity, it can be managed with medications such as with levothyroxine in hypothyrodism. The economic argument you mentioned has an opposite effect on health, wealthy countries tend to have higher obesity rates. Exercise, such as walking/cycling to work or jogging in the park is free, and vegetables are cheaper than meat; nobody's saying that weight loss can only be achieved in a gym with a personal trainer. Saying that obesity is unhealthy is false especially when it is a major risk factor in many conditions like type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease.

I have never mentioned models as the beauty standard, idk where you got that from, underweight people are unattractive too. I'm only using the simplified medical definition as what is considered healthy. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/obesity/

I was about to go to sleep and didn't want to research bbl. I'm assuming that you're talking about this
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/feb/09/brazilian-butt-lift-worlds-most-dangerous-cosmetic-surgery
I've only skim-read it but based on what I saw, most of the deaths are caused by cheaper clinics abroad which perform the surgery to a lower standard. Kim Kardashian is cited as one of the pressures in the article. I agree that Kim Kardashian's body is unobtainable and unappealing and she is a negative influence to women. The billion dollar companies have their interests, but it's up to women to decide if they want to serve their interests or not.
You're lying to yourself if you believe that society should be attracted to what is conventionally unattractive. Isn't it easier to change individuals to fit what is considered attractive than to change society to be attracted to an unattractive trait?

wealthy countires tend to have higher access to processed food, hence higher rates of obesity. obesity is far more complex than the per capita GDP and % of overweight adults. You cannot achieve the beauty standard by walking to work or jogging in the park. On average fruit costs about 54 cents per 100 calories. Vegetables cost about 68. grains cost about 10, fats and oils cost about 17, and sweets cost about 22. (also meat is $.41 per 100 cal. so you're wrong and not on the right topic)
type 2 diabetes and heart disease are unhealthy, but both can be managed, as well as being overweight.
I have been consistently referring to anyone overweight, because not all people who don't fit the beauty standard are obese. (People who are slightly-somewhat overweight tend to live longer btw. just saying)

models are the beauty standard OP was talking about. (i'm also including the specific instagram-model style btw)
Exactly! you are using simplified definitions to refer to complex biological processes like fat distribution, metabolism, the release of insulin, heart disease, etc.

The fact that there is a demand for this despite the risks is the problem. Again, unappealing, to you. She's popular for a reason. (well multiple, but people definitely do think she's hot). There are social pressures to pursue unattainable beauty standards, and there are repercussions for people who do not live up to them. (ex. Overweight people are less likely to be chosen in job interviews)
wealthy countires tend to have higher access to processed food, hence higher rates of obesity. obesity is far more complex than the per capita GDP and % of overweight adults. You cannot achieve the beauty standard by walking to work or jogging in the park. On average fruit costs about 54 cents per 100 calories. Vegetables cost about 68. grains cost about 10, fats and oils cost about 17, and sweets cost about 22. (also meat is $.41 per 100 cal. so you're wrong and not on the right topic)
type 2 diabetes and heart disease are unhealthy, but both can be managed, as well as being overweight.
I have been consistently referring to anyone overweight, because not all people who don't fit the beauty standard are obese. (People who are slightly-somewhat overweight tend to live longer btw. just saying)

models are the beauty standard OP was talking about. (i'm also including the specific instagram-model style btw)
Exactly! you are using simplified definitions to refer to complex biological processes like fat distribution, metabolism, the release of insulin, heart disease, etc.

The fact that there is a demand for this despite the risks is the problem. Again, unappealing, to you. She's popular for a reason. (well multiple, but people definitely do think she's hot). There are social pressures to pursue unattainable beauty standards, and there are repercussions for people who do not live up to them. (ex. Overweight people are less likely to be chosen in job interviews)

While processed foods do play a part in obesity, we can't deny that the higher purchasing power for food as well as availibility leads to more gluttony on top of unhealthy diets. Shouldn't we cut down on calories if you're aiming for weight loss? In that case, calories are irrelevant in costs, but fibre in the food is more important as fibre reduces apetite. High fibre foods, such as banana, broccoli, sweet potato, carrot etc are all relatively cheap from the supermarket for the fibre they provide. I am on topic since you mentioned economics with obesity, and diet plays a role in it. What's the difference between cardio on a treadmill and in a park? Let's take data from Harvard as a reference. For a 185lb (84kg) individual, walking at 4mph burns 189 calories, jogging burns 252 and cycling at 14mph will burn 420 calories in 30 minutes. for comparison, weighlifting at a gym will burn 126 calories. Cycling as a commute isn't much to ask for especially when it's free once you buy a bike. I will need a source for life expectance for slightly overweight people. Obese people tend to live 4 years shorter than healthy people. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46031332
Shouldn't prevention be more important than management in any disease? Any managament will decrease quality of life and cost extra for the healthcare system so it's irresponsible to deny that "fat people aren't inheriently unhealthy". So you do agree that overweight people don't fit the beauty standard, therefore aren't conventionally attractive? BMI is simplified when it comes to overall health, but it does give a good idea of what people should be aiming for as it is easy to understand, hence why I use it as a reference to what is attractive.
People can choose to ignore the unattainable standards and set more realistic goals. Kasdashians are famous for drama and their stupid antics, their beauty line is just what they need for profit so they have their own interests.
Overweight people are less likely to be picked for interview because of its externalities. Overweight employees will be less productive if they require more medical appointments and sick leave, which is a valid concern for a workplace if their employee needs to take extended leaves often.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending