The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Current student studying Criminology - Ask me anything

Hey everyone, I am a mature student studying criminology at BCU. When I was looking last year for unis, I couldnt find anything on this course on the forums so I felt like I started going in blind. I'm also a mature student too so not like I had friends to talk too about any worries I had.

Any questions you have in terms of student finance, the uni, the course, anything really. Ask away and I'll do my best to answer you.
Original post by Independerella
Hey everyone, I am a mature student studying criminology at BCU. When I was looking last year for unis, I couldnt find anything on this course on the forums so I felt like I started going in blind. I'm also a mature student too so not like I had friends to talk too about any worries I had.

Any questions you have in terms of student finance, the uni, the course, anything really. Ask away and I'll do my best to answer you.

Hi I am currently interested in studying criminology this year at BCU. I originally chose another course but I’m going to change it to criminology so I didn’t go to the open day. What is the course like ? What trips do you go on? Are you just studying criminology? Do you think this course will be good for being a crime scene investigator?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I am currently interested in studying criminology this year at BCU. I originally chose another course but I’m going to change it to criminology so I didn’t go to the open day. What is the course like ? What trips do you go on? Are you just studying criminology? Do you think this course will be good for being a crime scene investigator?

Hello,
To me, the course is interested. I really enjoyed the first semester however the 2nd semester is modules that help you pick what you want year 2 to be about. I had the policing module to give you an idea of the criminology and policing degree if you wanted to go down that route, a security studies module to give an idea if you wanted to go down the criminology & security studies and a straight crim module if you wanted to stick with with criminology. I plan on sticking with straight crim as thats where my interests lie. You get to go on lots of different trips, prisons, courts, etc.

Not sure if this will be ideal for crime scene investigator. Thats more forensics. Forensic science etc.

Hope this helps x
What others jobs can you do with criminology?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending