The Student Room Group

Obsessive thinking

I keep getting out of control thinking. It happens most often when I am exercising but also in bed and just doing day-to-day stuff.

The thoughts usually take the form of "you need to tell them what you did" and "why did you do it". I don't know what I did or who to tell but the thoughts are very persistant.

I told my psychiatrist today and he wanted to up my haloperidol but I don't like the side effects so refused.

Does anyone else get these kind of obsessive thoughts?
yh
Intrusive thoughts- not sure if they count as obsessive but they were very distressing. But about something else.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
Intrusive thoughts- not sure if they count as obsessive but they were very distressing. But about something else.

Original post by tinyperson
yh

How do you deal with them?
Original post by Anonymous
How do you deal with them?

I didn't, couldn't cope with normal life, found it highly distressing- because of the nature of the intrusive thoughts. I was a mental wreck and didn't use healthy coping strategies, because they didn't work for me, not that I'm saying you should do what I did.
diary
Reply 6
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
I didn't, couldn't cope with normal life, found it highly distressing- because of the nature of the intrusive thoughts. I was a mental wreck and didn't use healthy coping strategies, because they didn't work for me, not that I'm saying you should do what I did.

But you're still around so something must have worked, right?

I want to work out tomorrow but I'm scared of the thoughts.
Original post by Anonymous
But you're still around so something must have worked, right?

I want to work out tomorrow but I'm scared of the thoughts.

The possibility of going to med school for grad entry, if that doesn't work out, I can't see myself coping. The only thing keeping me together is that things are going in the right direction to make this a possibility. Literally this one sole ambition in life keeps me alive, other then that I don't have any other reasons why I'm still here. I don't have friends or family and have anhedonia. I'm not depressed. Just have to live with a BPD brain,that's a hard existence.

Quick Reply

Latest