The Student Room Group

Ulster Uni GEM 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KZawa1
This is a good point, they very well might. I was also maybe thinking like Swansea or ScotGEM that maybe they prioritise nation domiciled students first?

Yeah that could be true as well. Or they could be like Swansea and have different cut-off's for those in NI and those outside.
Reply 61
Rejected too. Thinking it might be the 2:2 degree.

I got 61 overall with 50 above all GAMSAT sections, so not sure what’s going on.
Reply 62
Original post by s2md
Rejected too. Thinking it might be the 2:2 degree.

I got 61 overall with 50 above all GAMSAT sections, so not sure what’s going on.

Also have a MSc merit graded which I thought compensated based on their brochure :/
I got rejected with GAMSAT 59 (63, 61, 55) and I'm predicted a 1st.
Reply 64
Original post by rawda_27

That’s a solid profile. Really weird. Not sure what’s going on with them. This was meant to be somewhat of a safe choice from what I had heard lol
Original post by rawda_27

That’s rough :/ I’m sorry about that, I might be completely wrong but could it be you must hold a degree to be considered?
Original post by s2md
That’s a solid profile. Really weird. Not sure what’s going on with them. This was meant to be somewhat of a safe choice from what I had heard lol

That’s why I picked them 😭😭 if they’ve rejected me then I have no hope for the other 3
Reply 67
I got an interview invite yesterday evening with a gamsat of 58 and a 1st in biomedical science, don’t even know where to start with interview prep - so overwhelmed.
They must be using additional criteria on top of what's said on the website and just not being transparent about it? I really don't see how it can be fair to reject people that meet/exceed the requirements they specify on their website or that exceed their GAMSAT cut off. :frown:
I have a first and a 60 and I got rejected😓
Reply 70
Original post by Gquig99
I got an interview invite yesterday evening with a gamsat of 58 and a 1st in biomedical science, don’t even know where to start with interview prep - so overwhelmed.

Congrats! I got an invite as well :smile: I googled MMI prep and there are so many resources it's difficult to know where to begin! Hopefully the webinar on Monday will point us in the right direction.
Original post by londongirl1
They must be using additional criteria on top of what's said on the website and just not being transparent about it? I really don't see how it can be fair to reject people that meet/exceed the requirements they specify on their website or that exceed their GAMSAT cut off. :frown:

I know it’s not particularly fair to not be transparent about entry requirements but unfortunately a lot of the time they are minimum requirements that you have to meet to be considered, not set criteria that guarantee interview.

Take KCL for example, they are notorious for their incredibly confusing selection criteria. I don’t think anyone knows how they choose who they interview.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Yazz0821
I have a first and a 60 and I got rejected😓

Sorry about that :/ do you have a life sciences degree if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by CoffeinthebRn332
Sorry about that :/ do you have a life sciences degree if you don’t mind me asking?

No, humanities! But they say that they accept any degree. I’m so confused!
I got my invite yesterday too GAMSAT 58 (56,66,56) and 2:1 in Biomedical Science but I am from Northern Ireland so it could be a case like Swansea having different cut off scores
Original post by Yazz0821
No, humanities! But they say that they accept any degree. I’m so confused!

It’s looking like people from Northern Ireland may have a lower cut off maybe
Reply 76
Original post by Kat294
Congrats! I got an invite as well :smile: I googled MMI prep and there are so many resources it's difficult to know where to begin! Hopefully the webinar on Monday will point us in the right direction.

Congratulations! I can’t make the webinar due to work commitments so I hope they’re prompt with emailing to me!
To those rejected, myself included (61 gamsat 57/63/63; with a 2.1 in biomedical sciences and an MSc) i had another look and wonder if not meeting their general entry requirements has anything to do with it??

https://www.ulster.ac.uk/study/entrance-requirements

I applied believing it was graduate entry and wont be taking a-levels into account, mine certainly dont meet the general requirements but this is also not made clear on the course page :/ I will email and ask after my brain stops spinning because if that is the case its a wasted application :frown:

To those selected for interview congratulations!! i wish you the very best of luck and i hope it goes your way ❤️
Original post by Kittybot
To those rejected, myself included (61 gamsat 57/63/63; with a 2.1 in biomedical sciences and an MSc) i had another look and wonder if not meeting their general entry requirements has anything to do with it??

https://www.ulster.ac.uk/study/entrance-requirements

I applied believing it was graduate entry and wont be taking a-levels into account, mine certainly dont meet the general requirements but this is also not made clear on the course page :/ I will email and ask after my brain stops spinning because if that is the case its a wasted application :frown:

To those selected for interview congratulations!! i wish you the very best of luck and i hope it goes your way ❤️

I meet the general entry requirements and was still rejected. :frown:
Original post by londongirl1
I meet the general entry requirements and was still rejected. :frown:

Really sorry about this :/ out of curiosity was your GAMSAT less than 60?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending