The Student Room Group

How to get motivated in uni

My first term has ended today and i have done what i would say average by my standards. I have no motivation to do anything and as a result in few of my modules i havent been doing good.
How do i get motivated to reach my best?
Original post by Maths neev
My first term has ended today and i have done what i would say average by my standards. I have no motivation to do anything and as a result in few of my modules i havent been doing good.
How do i get motivated to reach my best?

To be completely honest (as harsh as it sounds) - motivation can't really be attained from the outside. You can get a temporary boost by watching speeches and YT videos but its mainly intrinsic. Some people get more motivated when they know they could have achieved better but didnt bother that much. Just try and think about why you went uni and how much it'll matter to you or your loved ones when you finish with a good grade - dont rely too much on outside influence for motivation. Uni can get demoralising at times so make sure to speak to someone youre comfy speaking to - its needed and good for your wellbeing, TRUST ME :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending