The Student Room Group

L'Oreal 2022 Graduate Scheme

Not seen any forums on the L'Oreal grad scheme - just wondering if anyone has heard about the assessment centres? Worried that they will all fill up and someone will be given the role before I even get a chance to get to that point of the process!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hat123
Not seen any forums on the L'Oreal grad scheme - just wondering if anyone has heard about the assessment centres? Worried that they will all fill up and someone will be given the role before I even get a chance to get to that point of the process!

I got rejected from the initial digital interview stage and I wish I knew why 😪😪😪 I really wanted the commercial role since it really attracted me

What did you apply for? How/what did you answer those questions btw…curious on what I did wrong 🥲
Original post by hat123

Also did you submit a CV and cover letter?? I submitted my cv but then the format turned out weird so idk if that’s why I got rejected? But anyways in the application they didn’t ask for cv? I uploaded mine after I submitted my application onto my portal…
Reply 3
Original post by flowerpot2021
Also did you submit a CV and cover letter?? I submitted my cv but then the format turned out weird so idk if that’s why I got rejected? But anyways in the application they didn’t ask for cv? I uploaded mine after I submitted my application onto my portal…

Hey, I uploaded a CV and a cover letter just in case so maybe that's why I got through? I think the digital interview was marked by AI so it's hard to know what they were looking for! I passed the digital interview and then had to do a cognitive and memory test but haven't heard back about these! When did you apply?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by hat123
Hey, I uploaded a CV and a cover letter just in case so maybe that's why I got through? I think the digital interview was marked by AI so it's hard to know what they were looking for! I passed the digital interview and then had to do a cognitive and memory test but haven't heard back about these! When did you apply?

Ah I see, I wish they’d say what they’re looking for ☹️

I applied as soon as applications opened 😭

Hope you get a response soon! From last years thread it seems like L’Oréal are rubbish at communicating with candidates 😑 good news or bad news..
Reply 5
Ah I see, I wish they’d say what they’re looking for ☹️

I applied as soon as applications opened 😭

Hope you get a response soon! From last years thread it seems like L’Oréal are rubbish at communicating with candidates 😑 good news or bad news..

Ah that's a shame!!! These processes are all really confusing - when did the applications initially open?
Original post by hat123
Ah that's a shame!!! These processes are all really confusing - when did the applications initially open?

End of September I believe so they’ve been open for a very long time. Dec 3rd is deadline
Hey, I submitted my application and then received a notice which asked me to take a test called "Competency Questions". Well, I haven't finished yet. I tried to look for some information but there is no idea about it. It looks like a virtual interview? I am not quite sure.
Original post by KAnnabella
Hey, I submitted my application and then received a notice which asked me to take a test called "Competency Questions". Well, I haven't finished yet. I tried to look for some information but there is no idea about it. It looks like a virtual interview? I am not quite sure.

there's no time limit on any of the questions [so you can prep for as long as you want tbh] and with the video one you can record as many times as you want, so just get it done asap! :smile:
there's no time limit on any of the questions [so you can prep for as long as you want tbh] and with the video one you can record as many times as you want, so just get it done asap! :smile:

Thank you very much ! That is really useful information. Yes, the time limit is my only concern. I will finish it immediately! thanks again
Hi! Does anyone have an update on their application? What stage is everyone at?
Finished the competency test. Waiting on a reply. I don’t understand how 3 questions can dictate whether you’re a good candidate though so I’m a bit worried :frown:
Original post by hulahoopslad
Finished the competency test. Waiting on a reply. I don’t understand how 3 questions can dictate whether you’re a good candidate though so I’m a bit worried :frown:

How was it? And did it show results straight after? Apparently they review your whole application.. who knows.
Reply 13
I just checked my CV and my cover letter on my application space and when I click on them to check they uploaded correctly (clicking preview or view) they are in a different format and all the double Ls are missing - for example skills becomes skil s - has anyone else got this issue? I uploaded PDFs so I don't really understand why this is happening.
Reply 14
Original post by hulahoopslad

Was this the one with 2 written qs and 1 video response? If so then if you pass it you will get sent another online test which is logic, maths, verbal and nonverbal reasoning etc. Then after that I think they review your application as a whole.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by hat123
Was this the one with 2 written qs and 1 video response? If so then if you pass it you will get sent another online test which is logic, maths, verbal and nonverbal reasoning etc. Then after that I think they review your application as a whole.

Do you know how long it would take to know if you’ve passed ? It’s been a few days so a bit worried then. Applied on a whim I don’t think L’Oreal application process works well for me I’m better at SJT than the 3 Qs. L’Oréal feels like such a pipe dream anyway as they get sooo many applicants for the amount of roles :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by hat123
I just checked my CV and my cover letter on my application space and when I click on them to check they uploaded correctly (clicking preview or view) they are in a different format and all the double Ls are missing - for example skills becomes skil s - has anyone else got this issue? I uploaded PDFs so I don't really understand why this is happening.

this happened to me too. Ended up re-uploading as word docs and that's worked better, but the format is still different to the original for some reason.
Reply 17
Original post by hat123

Did you find out that you'd passed straight away? I got to see the AI overview- strengths & weaknesses etc. but haven't got anything else since?
Reply 18
Original post by cece129
Did you find out that you'd passed straight away? I got to see the AI overview- strengths & weaknesses etc. but haven't got anything else since?

I received the strengths and weaknesses overview immediately and was then invited to take a cognitive test 2 days later. After doing the cognitive test I can see my results but I haven't heard whether I have been successful in proceeding to the next stage yet. How's your application going?
Reply 19
Also, I have applied for both the marketing and the commercial roles - I did the cognitive test for marketing and was then asked to do one for commercial but when I click on the link it just shows me the results of the first test I did for the marketing role. I assume this is because the tests are the same for both, however, the commercial role application won't update from 'send cognitive test' to 'cognitive test sent' on my application space - has anyone else had this issue?

Quick Reply

Latest