The Student Room Group

Help with law essay

I was wondering how to structure and what points to use for my first EU law essay: "‘The Court of Justice's caselaw on Article 267 has the effect of transforming national courts into the lower courts of a hierarchical EU system that has the Court of Justice at its apex.’ Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer."
Original post by circadia
I was wondering how to structure and what points to use for my first EU law essay: "‘The Court of Justice's caselaw on Article 267 has the effect of transforming national courts into the lower courts of a hierarchical EU system that has the Court of Justice at its apex.’ Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer."

This response might be late, but there are lots of angles you could take with an essay like this. Essentially it is asking you about what Article 267 does and what role the national courts have within the EU system. You can also discuss whether the CJEU is at the apex of the hierarchy and what kind of balance of power there is between it and the national courts.

Your structure is essentially going to depend on the stance you take and the points you intend to use to back up your opinion. If you're not sure on your stance, weigh up the evidence you have and pick the position you'd most like to argue for. Don't forget to include evidence which opposes your position so that you can address/rebut it and make your argument stronger.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending