The Student Room Group

We need to give Richard Tice a chance

Anyone who is concerned about the tyranny and is frustrated about being ruled by the Lords will understand this.

I think Richard Tice is a decent guy.

Scroll to see replies

He's the leader Boris should have been.

Will definitely be voting fior them
Who?
Reply 3
No we don't.
Original post by SHallowvale
Who?

PRSOM
Who?

The millionaire leader of the UK's fifth largest party who came number one in the European elections.
Original post by Starship Trooper
The millionaire leader of the UK's fifth largest party who came number one in the European elections.

Precisely why we shouldn't give him a chance. The problem with the UK is we always look to these establishment figures with close connections to the MSM then wonder why we get screwed over.
Original post by Crazed cat lady
Precisely why we shouldn't give him a chance. The problem with the UK is we always look to these establishment figures with close connections to the MSM then wonder why we get screwed over.

I agree, but who is a better option?.

Sir Ed Davey
Sir Keir Starmer
Longtime MP Caroline Lucas

Ah, probably why I don't know them then, the European Parliament is an irrelevance in British politics. :P
Reply 9
Ah, probably why I don't know them then, the European Parliament is an irrelevance in British politics. :P

It's an irrelevance and yet you wanted to remain? How do you square that one?

Surely as someone who wanted to remain, one would think you would know who your representatives were in the European Parliament.
Original post by Fruli
It's an irrelevance and yet you wanted to remain? How do you square that one?

Surely as someone who wanted to remain, one would think you would know who your representatives were in the European Parliament.

I stopped caring about the European Parliamrnt when the UK voted to leave. The only thing I really noticed from it were the numbet of MEPs per party from the last European election, not who the MEPs were.
Reply 11
I stopped caring about the European Parliamrnt when the UK voted to leave. The only thing I really noticed from it were the numbet of MEPs per party from the last European election, not who the MEPs were.

Right. Well if you stopped caring and engaging then you do not deserve to rejoin or remain or whatever you want to call your campaign. Why choose to be a part of an organisation just for the sake of being part of an organisation.

I didn't vote in the referendum because I didn't feel qualified to do so. However, I've spoken to both sides of the debate and as far as I can see, the Brexiters had very legitimate concerns. Remainers just wanted to stay in the organisation because they liked the status quo and that's what they were used to, which in my view is not good enough reason to stay shackled by an organisation.

If the referendum were to happen again tomorrow, I would join the Brexiters.
Reply 12
He's the leader Boris should have been.

Will definitely be voting fior them

Absolutely.
Original post by Fruli
Remainers just wanted to stay in the organisation because they liked the status quo and that's what they were used to.

Is that not honestly pretty narrow minded? As if I said 'People only voted for Brexit because they're racist!'

It's insulting to us both yeah? My reason for wanting to remain were simply more complicated than 'stay same' it was broadly to avoid *looks around*, well, this... dirty pariahs on the verge of trading warning shots with France. (How's that for a status quo? :rolleyes:)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Fruli
Right. Well if you stopped caring and engaging then you do not deserve to rejoin or remain or whatever you want to call your campaign. Why choose to be a part of an organisation just for the sake of being part of an organisation.

I didn't vote in the referendum because I didn't feel qualified to do so. However, I've spoken to both sides of the debate and as far as I can see, the Brexiters had very legitimate concerns. Remainers just wanted to stay in the organisation because they liked the status quo and that's what they were used to, which in my view is not good enough reason to stay shackled by an organisation.

If the referendum were to happen again tomorrow, I would join the Brexiters.

I stopped caring about the European Parliament because, at the time of the 2019 election, it was pretty obvious that we were going to leave and weren't going to rejoin anytime soon. Forgive me for not knowing who a nobody MEP was when we were months away from no longer having MEPs at all.

"Remainers just wanted to stay in the organisation because they liked the status quo and that's what they were used to, which in my view is not good enough reason to stay shackled by an organisation." - And leavers just wanted to exit the organisation because they were racists and hated foreign people. See how easy it is to generalise?
Original post by StriderHort
Is that not honestly pretty narrow minded? As if I said 'People only voted for Brexit because they're racist!'

Both are basically true though.
The problem any new right wing party has (just like any new left-wing party) when it comes to finding enough quality candidates to cover all constituencies that haven't got some looney right wing /left wing tweets in their history. I agree Tice is a strong leader and would make a much better PM than the current incumbent but will be held back the established party set up.
I have never seen Tice interviewed where he hasn't answered a direct question.
I have never seen Boris interviewed where he has answered a direct question.
Boris's survival is only because of Labours incompetence.
Reply 17
Original post by caravaggio2
The problem any new right wing party has (just like any new left-wing party) when it comes to finding enough quality candidates to cover all constituencies that haven't got some looney right wing /left wing tweets in their history. I agree Tice is a strong leader and would make a much better PM than the current incumbent but will be held back the established party set up.
I have never seen Tice interviewed where he hasn't answered a direct question.
I have never seen Boris interviewed where he has answered a direct question.
Boris's survival is only because of Labours incompetence.

You think Tice is a strong leader?

Based on what? A few softball interviews?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
The problem with Reform is that unlike the Brexit Party or pre Brexit UKIP no one really has any idea about what Reform stands for.

I'm a politics geek and the only thing I can gather is that the are against Covid restrictions, but even that isn't obvious and certainly can't be fathomed from just their name.
Original post by DSilva
The problem with Reform is that unlike the Brexit Party or pre Brexit UKIP no one really has any idea about what Reform stands for.

I'm a politics geek and the only thing I can gather is that the are against Covid restrictions, but even that isn't obvious and certainly can't be fathomed from just their name.

From their council and mayoral manifesto they appear to be Tories just without the branding.

Quick Reply