The Student Room Group

Salford University Diagnostic Radiography

Hey guys I wonder if any of you have had an interview already for Radiography course at Salford Uni?
How did it go? Have someone got an offer right away or it takes longer than that?

Scroll to see replies

hey have you got your interview anytime soon for it?
Reply 2
Original post by Yulia89
Hey guys I wonder if any of you have had an interview already for Radiography course at Salford Uni?
How did it go? Have someone got an offer right away or it takes longer than that?

Heyy I applied last year and it took around 1-2 weeks for them to get back with an offer
Reply 3
Gréât ! It was kind of the same with me - I got an offer yesterday! Are you currently on the course year 1? How many days are you on the campus approximately? And how was it in September ? Is the learning still distant for lectures?
Reply 4
Original post by Hannah_lynx
hey have you got your interview anytime soon for it?

Hiya I’ve got an interview last Friday and got my offer on Wednesday 💫 still can’t believe how smooth it went this year!
Reply 5
Original post by Yulia89
Gréât ! It was kind of the same with me - I got an offer yesterday! Are you currently on the course year 1? How many days are you on the campus approximately? And how was it in September ? Is the learning still distant for lectures?

I didn’t actually go to uni this year due to SFE and funding but I’m applying again this year, so I wouldn’t really know 😭 sorry
Reply 6
Original post by ashhh19
I didn’t actually go to uni this year due to SFE and funding but I’m applying again this year, so I wouldn’t really know 😭 sorry

Aww good luck for you this year! - we might be on the same course then 💀
Original post by Yulia89
Hiya I’ve got an interview last Friday and got my offer on Wednesday 💫 still can’t believe how smooth it went this year!

CONGRATULATIONS! i cant believe they've given it so quickly, thats amazing, well done!
Reply 8
Original post by Hannah_lynx
CONGRATULATIONS! i cant believe they've given it so quickly, thats amazing, well done!

Thank you! I can’t believe it myself 😅
Reply 9
Original post by Yulia89

congrats omg!!!! did they ask any questions that threw you off? what type of questions did they ask?
Original post by Yulia89

Hiya, I'm in my 1st year at Salford. We're currently in for hands on lectures once or twice a fortnight, (depending on the timetable) with the rest being online.
Reply 11
Original post by AFluffyPenguin
Hiya, I'm in my 1st year at Salford. We're currently in for hands on lectures once or twice a fortnight, (depending on the timetable) with the rest being online.

Thanks, sounds great! I don't think it will change much next year as all the time new virus magically appear :frown:
So you haven't been on a placement yet? when does it start?
Can I ask you a few more questions :
When did you have to do your DBS and health check? Summertime or September?
Will they give a list of recommended textbooks or can you recommend something ?
Original post by Yulia89
Thanks, sounds great! I don't think it will change much next year as all the time new virus magically appear :frown:
So you haven't been on a placement yet? when does it start?
Can I ask you a few more questions :
When did you have to do your DBS and health check? Summertime or September?
Will they give a list of recommended textbooks or can you recommend something ?

Correct, I haven't been on placement yet. We did our induction of our placement site last week (I absolutely loved being there!) and we will begin our placement straight after Christmas.
I can't see anything drastically changing between now and next year's intake tbh.
DBS was done around August and Occupational Health was done around the beginning of September. I'd recommend getting those sorted as soon as possible, as you are unable to go onto placement until these are completed. You may have to get some vaccines that you are missing, so that can take a while to book etc.
In regards to textbooks, they do have a few firm faves and they will give you recommendedations. Although, Clarks Positioning In Radiography is the main one we refer to for positioning, I'm sure a new edition is due out soon, so you might want to hang fire buying that.
Reply 13
Correct, I haven't been on placement yet. We did our induction of our placement site last week (I absolutely loved being there!) and we will begin our placement straight after Christmas.
I can't see anything drastically changing between now and next year's intake tbh.
DBS was done around August and Occupational Health was done around the beginning of September. I'd recommend getting those sorted as soon as possible, as you are unable to go onto placement until these are completed. You may have to get some vaccines that you are missing, so that can take a while to book etc.
In regards to textbooks, they do have a few firm faves and they will give you recommendedations. Although, Clarks Positioning In Radiography is the main one we refer to for positioning, I'm sure a new edition is due out soon, so you might want to hang fire buying that.

Awww happy for you, I'm sure you are super excited about your first placement. Did you get it where you wanted?
Do you need to be physically present for DBS or just give them the details via email? I'm going to go abroad on holiday in August for 3-4 weeks so just wanted to make sure I wont miss anything. Thanks for telling me about the vaccines I need to double-check all the list required in UK and compare to mine lol
Ah that's good stuff about a new edition of Clarks Positioning - I was currently looking at 13th edition but I'd better wait then to buy an updated one - you are a star thank you !
My first and second choices were the most contested options, which I knew there was a highly likelihood I wouldn't get them, but it was worth a try. Got my third preferred placement, so I'm super happy.

DBS is all filled out online, however there is a list of documents you need to upload for proof of identity (there's a specific list of accepted documents that can be found on .gov website) seeing as you're away for quite a while, I'd personally have them on my phone etc so I can upload them when needed. But that's just me.

There is a pocket edition of Clarks that most of us have bought for use on placement, which will be cheaper to purchase. Please don't get this is *instead* of the main clarks textbook as the pocket one only contains key points and misses out alot of information.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
My first and second choices were the most contested options, which I knew there was a highly likelihood I wouldn't get them, but it was worth a try. Got my third preferred placement, so I'm super happy.

DBS is all filled out online, however there is a list of documents you need to upload for proof of identity (there's a specific list of accepted documents that can be found on .gov website) seeing as you're away for quite a while, I'd personally have them on my phone etc so I can upload them when needed. But that's just me.

There is a pocket edition of Clarks that most of us have bought for use on placement, which will be cheaper to purchase. Please don't get this is *instead* of the main clarks textbook as the pocket one only contains key points and misses out alot of information.

That’s all super helpful thanks a lot! I guess I’ll look for a pocket edition a bit closer to the placement period and keep an eye on the full updated version for now.
Hopefully I can get a placement somewhere in Manchester. My local hospital would be MRI on Oxford Road and I volunteer there at A&E. but I don’t really mind other options 🤗 Which placements are the most competitive ones? Salford hospital?
Hey! Congratulations Did you get a ‘Thank you for your interview’ email on the following Monday?
Reply 17
Hiya
Yes I did get this one on Monday and then my offer reply on Wednesday.
How do you feel about your interview ? Did it go well?
Original post by Yulia89
Hiya
Yes I did get this one on Monday and then my offer reply on Wednesday.
How do you feel about your interview ? Did it go well?

Thank you for getting back!! Oh amazing it must just be standard procedure I thought it went okay so fingers crossed !
Reply 19
Original post by Kaliza96
Thank you for getting back!! Oh amazing it must just be standard procedure I thought it went okay so fingers crossed !

Brilliant ! Hope you will hear back from them soon 🔥

Quick Reply

Latest