The Student Room Group

Trying to revise but can’t concentrate

Im in the mood to revise and everything but my head feels a bit weird like its not necessarily a headache its just a bit weird and so im only half reading the questions
Light music might help?
Reply 2
Original post by summerbirdreads
Light music might help?

I dont wanna get addicted to listening to music whilst revising bc apparently it is distracting
Original post by Sohello
I dont wanna get addicted to listening to music whilst revising bc apparently it is distracting

Music being distracting depends on the music and you. You could try Pomodoro though
Reply 4
Original post by Sohello
Im in the mood to revise and everything but my head feels a bit weird like its not necessarily a headache its just a bit weird and so im only half reading the questions

I listen to fire crackling/lofi or study with me's to help me get through work
Study in a different space to where you spend your time relaxing/sleeping. This helped me so much. Warm drink - light music in the background, a heater nearby so you're comfortable. Plan out your revision before you do it, this can make it 10x more efficient. Take brakes for example some of the popular methods are 40 mins work, 20 mins break but it's highly dependant on how you yourself work best. Others do 2 hours work 1 hour rest etc.

Depending on your subjects, for science subjects Biology - Biology Carol for A-Level (her course costs £50 for both years but she goes in detail and goes through exam questions at the end which is the best way for revising biology especially).
For Chemistry A Level- Elliot Rintoul on Youtube, his videos he goes through exam questions and explains things really well.
For Physics I dont know but Im sure there are resources.
Overall, for science A-levels please focus on EXAM Questions, the grade boundaries are high and not only do you need to know a huge amount of content, but they are very specific with the terminlogy which you will only know through doing bulk exam questions.

For GCSE Sciences (as I dont know which you are currently doing) freesciencelessons on Youtube is literally undisputed. I got 9/8/7 Bio Physics Chem and I barely did much work except his videos.

Hope you do well
(edited 2 years ago)
Whats the lighting in the room your revising in like? :smile: If it isn’t adequate it could mean your eyes need to focus more to read the text which may cause a headache
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Sohello

Take a nap.
I don't particularly like to revise either.
However, if you don't do anything during the day, before you sleep read something for 10-15 minutes.
You will retain that information somehow.
Do not force it, if you cannot then walk away and comeback with a fresh mindset.
Original post by summerbirdreads
Music being distracting depends on the music and you. You could try Pomodoro though

imagine Pomodoro but with a real tomato :u:
Original post by ForestShadow

Potato is more fitting
Original post by ForestShadow

Well pomodoro's tomato in Italian... Imagine placing a tomato on the desk to study tho:u:
Original post by Bookworm524
Well pomodoro's tomato in Italian... Imagine placing a tomato on the desk to study tho:u:

so I should have said imagine Pomodoro but with a real Pomodoro:u:
Before you get to your books to revise, try putting away all your devices such as phones, laptops etc as you would get a divided attention when these are near.

Quick Reply