The Student Room Group

University of Leicester A199 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by s_m2222
yeah, I’ve already done this test for aru but it’s open response. They either give you a video or statement and ask what you would do or recommend to the people in question. And also don’t worry, Leicester I believe state they don’t use this in the selection process

Thank you so much! So does that mean we are going to be sent a link and told when to do it or is that something we just sign up to and do ourselves? Also have you received an eligibility form? Thank you for your reply 😊
Original post by Rosie0502
Thank you so much! So does that mean we are going to be sent a link and told when to do it or is that something we just sign up to and do ourselves? Also have you received an eligibility form? Thank you for your reply 😊

So I believe they only send you information to do the test when you’ve been short listed for interview. There’s a platform you make an account and you have to add Leicester to your distribution schools so your result can be sent to them. You can then book a time and date. It’s online and can be done at home. Bear in mind it’s similar to the UCAT as in time pressured as you only have 5 min to write an 3 written responses to a scenario. It also took me about 1 and a half hour to finish. In regards to the eligibility form, I was sent the form on the 19 of November and had to send it by 1st December. I’m a Non- East Midlands, predicted grade applicant for reference. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by s_m2222
So I believe they only send you information to do the test when you’ve been short listed for interview. There’s a platform you make an account and you have to add Leicester to your distribution schools so your result can be sent to them. You can then book a time and date. It’s online and can be done at home. Bear in mind it’s similar to the UCAT as in time pressured as you only have 5 min to write an 3 written responses to a scenario. It also took me about 1 and a half hour to finish. In regards to the eligibility form, I was sent the form on the 19 of November and had to send it by 1st December. I’m a Non- East Midlands, predicted grade applicant for reference. Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you so much for your response! Just a bit curious as to what this test is used for if it isn’t for the selection process then our score won’t determine if we get an interview or not would it? I also received an eligibility form and from what I can see on last years thread it seems to be good news that we’ve received one - what do you think?
Thank you so much for your response! Just a bit curious as to what this test is used for if it isn’t for the selection process then our score won’t determine if we get an interview or not would it? I also received an eligibility form and from what I can see on last years thread it seems to be good news that we’ve received one - what do you think?

I believe the CASper test is a pilot study so the UK med schools are testing it to see if it’s something they want to use in the future. US med schools already do this. Yes I’m relieved I got the eligibility form. I read last years thread about the how they have eligibility forms to students and there selection process. So good news hopefully we get interviews soon and thrive .
Original post by s_m2222
I believe the CASper test is a pilot study so the UK med schools are testing it to see if it’s something they want to use in the future. US med schools already do this. Yes I’m relieved I got the eligibility form. I read last years thread about the how they have eligibility forms to students and there selection process. So good news hopefully we get interviews soon and thrive .

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 you seem lovely!! I hope that we get in and hear from them soon! Have you had any interviews anywhere else? And if you don’t mind me asking what is you point score for Leicester 😊
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 you seem lovely!! I hope that we get in and hear from them soon! Have you had any interviews anywhere else? And if you don’t mind me asking what is you point score for Leicester 😊

Aww thanks. Unfortunately I haven’t heard from most my unis. Been rejected from one ( my aspiring choice ) and my point score for Leicester is 55.5. Hbu?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi guys, was just looking on Leicesters website for the medicine foundation course and read that we’re going to have to sit an online test which is like SJT? Does anyone know anything more about this I didn’t even know we had to do this and now it’s stressing me out! It’s called CASPer

It doesn't affect the application at all. They are only using our year as a pilot to see whether they will use CASPer in application cycles to come.
Hi guys, was just looking on Leicesters website for the medicine foundation course and read that we’re going to have to sit an online test which is like SJT? Does anyone know anything more about this I didn’t even know we had to do this and now it’s stressing me out! It’s called CASPer

Aston and other unis are doing this as well but as far as I'm aware it's voluntary..?
Original post by s_m2222
Aww thanks. Unfortunately I haven’t heard from most my unis. Been rejected from one ( my aspiring choice ) and my point score for Leicester is 55.5. Hbu?

Im so sorry to hear that let’s hope we hear back good news from Leicester! My points are 52 - ucat brought me down 😒
Original post by dfgndflkj
It doesn't affect the application at all. They are only using our year as a pilot to see whether they will use CASPer in application cycles to come.

Ahh right ok that puts me at ease!
(edited 2 years ago)

Ahh right thank you that puts me at ease!
Im so sorry to hear that let’s hope we hear back good news from Leicester! My points are 52 - ucat brought me down 😒

I'm also 52 but i'm from outside nottingham, hopefully we've made the cut
I'm also 52 but i'm from outside nottingham, hopefully we've made the cut

Hopefully🤞🏻 have you received an eligibility form?
Hopefully🤞🏻 have you received an eligibility form?

Yes, I didn't realise that was of any significance though, I thought every applicant got one?
hey guys my points are 52 and i’m from the east midlands. what would you say my chances are for an interview ?
Yes, I didn't realise that was of any significance though, I thought every applicant got one?

Well I looked at last years thread and it looked like if you had one it was a good sign? Have you seen last years thread maybe look through it and see at least that’s the impression that I got!
Well I looked at last years thread and it looked like if you had one it was a good sign? Have you seen last years thread maybe look through it and see at least that’s the impression that I got!

Yeah, according to last years thread, the earlier the eligibility form being sent to you, the greater the progress on your application and your supposedly in the top X number of applicants
Original post by s_m2222
Yeah, according to last years thread, the earlier the eligibility form being sent to you, the greater the progress on your application and your supposedly in the top X number of applicants

Yeah I thought so! Have you received one?
Yeah I thought so! Have you received one?

Yes, you already asked me 😂
I’m the one who explained the CASper test
Original post by s_m2222
Yes, you already asked me 😂
I’m the one who explained the CASper test

I’m so sorry I’m not with it at all today 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending