The Student Room Group

BIOLOGY

Best tips to pass edexcel biology unit 1?
Original post by nighthawk123
Best tips to pass edexcel biology unit 1?

- practicing with past papers so you get used the time limit and type of questions
- flash cards for revisions or any other technique which suits you
- keeping yourself on a par with the specification could help in covering learning objectives
Original post by fufferpish
- practicing with past papers so you get used the time limit and type of questions
- flash cards for revisions or any other technique which suits you
- keeping yourself on a par with the specification could help in covering learning objectives

I HAVE MY EXAM IN JAN. and the only problem for me is to get marks off the mark scheme, the ms is sooo specific and annoying. Also, i find it very hard to apply a variety of concepts to one question which is approx 4-6 marks. how should i improve with 2 weeks left?
I HAVE MY EXAM IN JAN. and the only problem for me is to get marks off the mark scheme, the ms is sooo specific and annoying. Also, i find it very hard to apply a variety of concepts to one question which is approx 4-6 marks. how should i improve with 2 weeks left?

yeah they could be but then at least you've got a rough idea of what kind of details to include when a similar type of question is asked...

while practicing each paper look at the topics covered using the specification; use mind maps while revising those topics so it could be relatively easier to relate the concepts

practice past papers with time limit

is this for GCSE or A2 and which board?
yeah they could be but then at least you've got a rough idea of what kind of details to include when a similar type of question is asked...

While practicing each paper look at the topics covered using the specification; use mind maps while revising those topics so it could be relatively easier to relate the concepts

practice past papers with time limit

is this for gcse or a2 and which board?

as edexcel
as edexcel

i see.. so i hope you know the topics that could be covered in each paper
also hope you're looking through the practicals related with the particular topics to tackle with Devise an investigation type questions
(edited 2 years ago)
i see.. so i hope you know the topics that could be covered in each paper
also hope you're looking through the practicals related with the particular topics to tackle with Devise an investigation type questions

i havent come across any practicals yet in unit 1. are there any practicals?
i havent come across any practicals yet in unit 1. are there any practicals?

i see... is it Biology A or Biology B?
my bad i was referring to paper 2 in general and not unit 1 specifically
i see... is it Biology A or Biology B?
my bad i was referring to paper 2 in general and not unit 1 specifically

its international a levels.
Guyss any advice on how to answer 6 markers and especially UNSEEN experiment questions???
(edited 2 years ago)
its international a levels.

i see.. just saw the specification and although unit 3 is fully based on practicals, unit 1 also has certain investigation related questions like this one for instance in Jan 2010 unit 1 AS
(i hope you know there are 2 core practicals in unit 1 )
(edited 2 years ago)
Guyss any advice on how to answer 6 markers and especially UNSEEN experiment questions???

regarding planning an experiment this part of specification can help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending