The Student Room Group

English Language Requirements for Pharmacy at Cardiff

I received my gcse’s during the pandemic (2020) so I got given predicted grades by my teachers.
I got a 5 in English Language but all the rest of my grades are higher mostly A’s and some B’s then a couple of C’s. Im in year 13 now and am predicted AAA for Psychology, Biology and Chemistry I am looking at applying to Cardiff for Pharmacy along some other universities. I meet the A level requirements however my English language GCSE is too low, they require a 6. On the language requirements however they state that if you have a “C in a level taught through the medium of English” then that is acceptable. Would that mean that if I got a B for example in any of my a-levels I could get in with my GCSE English grade?
Where does it say that? Are you talking about Reading or Cardiff?
Original post by ageshallnot
Where does it say that? Are you talking about Reading or Cardiff?

Sorry, I definitely meant Cardiff and not Reading my bad
Original post by FrancescaDav03

Best change the thread title. Where does that quote come from?

Original post by ageshallnot
Best change the thread title. Where does that quote come from?

I've updated the thread title.

Looking at their requirements on this page, I think they are asking for any one AL or AS taught in the medium of English with a C grade. I would check with them before applying, but I think you'll be okay.
looking at it, I think you're right! they basically just want proof that you can read and write in the english language fluently, basically. so given your predicted grades I'd say you're a pretty solid candidate, good luck with it!
Reply 6
I received my gcse’s during the pandemic (2020) so I got given predicted grades by my teachers.
I got a 5 in English Language but all the rest of my grades are higher mostly A’s and some B’s then a couple of C’s. Im in year 13 now and am predicted AAA for Psychology, Biology and Chemistry I am looking at applying to Cardiff for Pharmacy along some other universities. I meet the A level requirements however my English language GCSE is too low, they require a 6. On the language requirements however they state that if you have a “C in a level taught through the medium of English” then that is acceptable. Would that mean that if I got a B for example in any of my a-levels I could get in with my GCSE English grade?

I’m not sure if you’re still on here but did you get into Cardiff or at least been offered a place at some point? I’m in the same boat :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending