The Student Room Group

heavy metal band Korn

As a teenager, I got into Korn and was so into their music and still somewhat nostalgic due to their art and rhythm

However when I reached my 20s, i saw the full taste in music that I should go for and like almost any kind now as I like to be open minded and not close myself off from things and see the World for what it is

Was anyone a korn fan or still is?
Reply 1
I still like some of their stuff tbh

My mate played guitar for them for a bit, incidentally
Reply 2
korn's pretty good tbf
I used to have their albums as a kid but I haven’t heard much of them for years. I remember the freak on a leash video was like the sickest thing ever when it came out and it was on Kerrang about 10 times a day! 😛

I think the world has moved on from nu-metal unfortunately.
Reply 4
Original post by IanDangerously
I used to have their albums as a kid but I haven’t heard much of them for years. I remember the freak on a leash video was like the sickest thing ever when it came out and it was on Kerrang about 10 times a day! 😛

It has indeed. That genre is dying out.
Original post by JVM2020
It has indeed. That genre is dying out.

It might come back at some point though. Pop punk was huge around the same time and that’s somehow burst back onto the scene again in the last 2-3 years! Everything that’s old is eventually new again :smile:
Reply 6
It might come back at some point though. Pop punk was huge around the same time and that’s somehow burst back onto the scene again in the last 2-3 years! Everything that’s old is eventually new again :smile:

That would be the Revival era to come

Everything goes into History.
Reply 7

They sell out stadia worldwide and are nowhere close now to being a nu metal band. There's a point about the genre dying, but the big bands that have outlasted it have pretty much all developed their sound and are not recognisable now as the acts they used to be
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by gjd800
They sell out stadia worldwide and are nowhere close now to being a nu metal band. There's a point about the genre dying, but the big bands that have outlasted it have pretty much all developed their sound and are not recognisable now as the acts they used to be

Now I will look for Korn's most upto date stuff
Yeah Korn is ok, I used to have one of their albums when I was younger.

Quick Reply

Latest