The Student Room Group

Rejected for Law by Nottingham

was anyone else rejected for Law LLB at Nottingham and offered criminology with really low entry requirements instead?

Scroll to see replies

This happened last year too so you won’t be alone
Original post by sophia0903
was anyone else rejected for Law LLB at Nottingham and offered criminology with really low entry requirements instead?

yes this happened to my friend as her predicted were not close to the entry requirements but she still decided to apply
(edited 2 years ago)

I was, literally so upset bc that was my first choice and I really don’t want study criminology:frown:
Original post by Aja Darboe
I was, literally so upset bc that was my first choice and I really don’t want study criminology:frown:

No one does which is why they offer it instead of straight rejecting you

What predicted grades did you apply with for Law, and what was their offer for Criminology? Law is one of the flagship courses that Nottingham offers, and it is notoriously hard to even get a 2.1 degree there for those that do get the required grades to get in. Possibly a key reason why top Law firms like to recruit their graduates.
Reply 6
Original post by Aja Darboe

aw don't stress too much over it, at least it's better than a straight-up rejection ig, that's how i looked at it
Reply 7
Original post by StarLinyx

What predicted grades did you apply with for Law, and what was their offer for Criminology? Law is one of the flagship courses that Nottingham offers, and it is notoriously hard to even get a 2.1 degree there for those that do get the required grades to get in. Possibly a key reason why top Law firms like to recruit their graduates.

I applied with 3As and an A in EPQ, as well as having done their Ambition Nottingham scheme so I get a reduced offer of ABB, but it was my lnat that got me rejected. criminology they offered me BBC even though the course is ABB
Reply 8
im on hold i think at notts - when were u rejected? x
Reply 9
Original post by ray_gxx
im on hold i think at notts - when were u rejected? x

almost 2 weeks ago xx
Reply 10
oh babe im sorry! where else have u applied x
Original post by ray_gxx
oh babe im sorry! where else have u applied x

aah it’s okay xx sheffield, york, kent and aston as a backup. hbu x
Reply 12
oxford (rejected), kings, ucl, notts and aberdeen as backup - i think i ****ed my lnat lol
Original post by ray_gxx
oxford (rejected), kings, ucl, notts and aberdeen as backup - i think i ****ed my lnat lol

omggg those are some good choices!! nah don’t even worry abt it, the amount of people in my yr who got rejected from oxford was crazy, i’m guessing they’re looking for some mad lnat scores this yr. it’s so annoying how we don’t get our scores automatically after sitting the exam, we have to wait ages 😭
aah it’s okay xx sheffield, york, kent and aston as a backup. hbu x

i applied for sheffield and kent and have got offers from both. sheffield is probably my first choice. what about you?
I applied with 3As and an A in EPQ, as well as having done their Ambition Nottingham scheme so I get a reduced offer of ABB, but it was my lnat that got me rejected. criminology they offered me BBC even though the course is ABB

There was a time in 2000 when the average grades scored to get into Nottingham was ABB across all subjects, while St Andrews and Durham applicants would get in with BBB on average. The expansion of student numbers and new courses at Nottingham has led to a dilution in academic standards at the university, and they no longer attract the very top students who narrowly fail to get into Oxbridge. That said, they are financially stable, they have incredible campuses and fantastic new buildings and facilities, and they rank in the top 100-150 in all the major World rankings.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by renclouds
i applied for sheffield and kent and have got offers from both. sheffield is probably my first choice. what about you?

same omg, kent is a bit far for me to go to, so I don't really wanna go there, Sheffield or york would be my first choice, but york said they won't give out offers until after the January deadline so I'm just holding on for them atm x
same omg, kent is a bit far for me to go to, so I don't really wanna go there, Sheffield or york would be my first choice, but york said they won't give out offers until after the January deadline so I'm just holding on for them atm x

yeah i really like the look of the sheffield campus and the course. also i’ve heard good things about york. hope you like wherever you go :smile: x
Original post by renclouds
yeah i really like the look of the sheffield campus and the course. also i’ve heard good things about york. hope you like wherever you go :smile: x

right! Sheffield is well-known for law too, so I'd love to go there, aw thank you, I hope you like wherever you go too! x
right! Sheffield is well-known for law too, so I'd love to go there, aw thank you, I hope you like wherever you go too! x

yes i agree and thank you :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending