The Student Room Group

University of Bristol A108 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by awastar
They said they’ll get back to me in January (I received an email yesterday)

Same I think that was an auto email...
Maybe its because I'm from London but Bristol doesn't appeal to me as a city. It seems a bit too quiet and a bit bland. (with all due respect).
What do you guys think of Bristol?
Same I’m from London…I love it tho…I’ve stayed in London for way too long lol..I wanna explore more
Reply 43
Original post by Dully2003
Maybe its because I'm from London but Bristol doesn't appeal to me as a city. It seems a bit too quiet and a bit bland. (with all due respect).
What do you guys think of Bristol?

It isn’t actually that quite from my experience, it’s really nice here.
What is the interview going to be like this year cuz of covid, i know its gonna be online but i want to know if it is MMI or a Panel interview?
Original post by r_khan15
What is the interview going to be like this year cuz of covid, i know its gonna be online but i want to know if it is MMI or a Panel interview?

Panel interview with two interviewers - it'll take approx 30 minutes and you'll be asked 4 questions :')
thanks,

is there any book you recommend to purchase or something to aid preparation for it, kinda struggling :smile:
Did anyone else receive an email today about your application being put on hold ?
Original post by yippy-yikes
Panel interview with two interviewers - it'll take approx 30 minutes and you'll be asked 4 questions :')

what are the questions based on?
Like is there any resource to help us prepare?
Reply 49

i thought it was MMI
is the panel interview like traditional....
could someone please help me
my interview is in january
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by awastar
Hi! Have anyone received any information yet?

i have received an interview, its in jan
Reply 51
I have an interview invite from Bristol! Best of luck to everyone :h:

best of luck
Hey, currently on this course. Happy to answer any questions anyone has
Original post by Haha12346

Hi! Thanks for coming on! I’ve actually applied for A100, but I think these are fairly generic questions anyway.

I was just wondering what your experience has been like so far. What year are you in? Have you been on any placements so far? Are the lecturers nice? Are your lectures in person or online? Do you like the city?

Sorry for asking so many questions; I haven’t had the chance to speak to a Bristol student yet. I actually have my interview on January 12th - do you have any tips for that?

Thanks so much!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Haha12346

When did you get in and do you know anything about how the interviews will take place this year?
Original post by r_khan15
what are the questions based on?
Like is there any resource to help us prepare?

I actually don't know, it literally just says 4 questions which worries me because does that mean it could be based on anything?

Original post by areny
i thought it was MMI
is the panel interview like traditional....
could someone please help me
my interview is in january

It was MMI pre-COVID times, but because it's moved online it's now a panel interview. As for what it's like, I know nothing more than what the website says so ahhh

Original post by areny
best of luck

Best of luck to you too!
Reply 56
I actually don't know, it literally just says 4 questions which worries me because does that mean it could be based on anything?

It was MMI pre-COVID times, but because it's moved online it's now a panel interview. As for what it's like, I know nothing more than what the website says so ahhh

Best of luck to you too!

thank you soo much
(edited 2 years ago)
I've noticed the kings college emdp thread has many more posts. Why do you think this is? Is KCL much better than bristol?
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Hi! Thanks for coming on! I’ve actually applied for A100, but I think these are fairly generic questions anyway.

I was just wondering what your experience has been like so far. What year are you in? Have you been on any placements so far? Are the lecturers nice? Are your lectures in person or online? Do you like the city?

Sorry for asking so many questions; I haven’t had the chance to speak to a Bristol student yet. I actually have my interview on January 12th - do you have any tips for that?

Thanks so much!

Hey, firstly Bristol is genuinely such a nice city. I come from quite a busy city and love Bristol. Everything is relatively close to each other such as Cabot, temple meads etc. the only negative is there’s quite a steep hill heading up to my lecture building.
We’ve just done some placement at the BRI in December shadowing a 4th/5th year medic and they were so insightful in what we will be doing in later years
My lecturers are nice and you can ask them for anything if your stuck/need help with something
Some of my lectures are in person such as the bioscience ones and some PPD. All of chemistry ,bar the tutorials, were online but I believe they will be in person soon.
For your interview just revise for it as much as you can. So watch yt vids, look up common questions, watch practice interviews and do some yourself
Original post by pHindicator123
When did you get in and do you know anything about how the interviews will take place this year?

Last year they put most people on hold around late feb time and I think I got the offer around march. I think this years interview will be same as last year so it’s just 4 questions with 2 interviewers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending