The Student Room Group

King's College London A102 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by purpsdonk
You deffo have an interview coming haha. I think they’ll just do it over a day or two hopefully.

I think this every year and then they proceed to show me I’m wrong lol
But I won’t be accepting ucat score was not high enough this year as the reason if I get a pre-interview rejection
Reply 21
Original post by rfrq
Got an interview offer today, UCAT was 3140 B2, Have a 1st in Medical Sciences and currently doing a masters, anyone know if this is the first year they are doing panel interviews?

No, last year was panel with MMI style questions
Original post by asclepeion
I think this every year and then they proceed to show me I’m wrong lol
But I won’t be accepting ucat score was not high enough this year as the reason if I get a pre-interview rejection

It for sure isn’t your ucat and the ‘holistic’ method is basically ucat and degree lol
So I was reading the thread for last years entry and it seems that all the interviews were sent out at the same time except for a few really close to the interview date that were due to cancellations. So I’m not holding out hope for an interview!
Reply 24
Original post by medicphd
So I was reading the thread for last years entry and it seems that all the interviews were sent out at the same time except for a few really close to the interview date that were due to cancellations. So I’m not holding out hope for an interview!

Honestly, I don’t see a reason to spread it out over more than 1 day. They have something like 20-28 places depending on who they allowed to defer (last year less than 20 places for GEM) and they don’t interview too many or over offer. I would think they’ve all gone out
(edited 2 years ago)
Honestly, I don’t see a reason to spread it out over more than 1 day. They have something like 20-28 places depending on who they allowed to defer (last year less than 20 places for GEM) and they don’t interview too many or over offer. I would think they’ve all gone out

Yeah I agree. Even the bigger unis tend to send interviews out on the same day, so no point in dragging it out. I just wish they’d send rejections out sooner rather than later.

I wouldn’t despair, last year rejections were sent out in November for low ucat score. What are your stats btw?
Reply 27
Yeah I agree. Even the bigger unis tend to send interviews out on the same day, so no point in dragging it out. I just wish they’d send rejections out sooner rather than later.

I’m waiting for them to blame my UCAT again tbh, it’s been the excuse for each cycle even when others were interviewed with lower
Reply 28
I wouldn’t despair, last year rejections were sent out in November for low ucat score. What are your stats btw?

They staggered the rejections last year, I had mine in January. Interview invites were just one day unless someone declined/withdrew, then they went to the next person on the list as @medicphd mentioned
They staggered the rejections last year, I had mine in January. Interview invites were just one day unless someone declined/withdrew, then they went to the next person on the list as @medicphd mentioned

I guess if it’s not tonight then it’s rejection. That really sucks, covid has messed this up big time
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 30
I guess if it’s not tonight then it’s rejection. That really sucks, covid has messed this up big time

I think it's just KCL, not covid tbh
They've never been transparent about how they shortlist applicants, it's never the way they state on the website and this has been apparent over the last couple of years not just covid years
I think it's just KCL, not covid tbh
They've never been transparent about how they shortlist applicants, it's never the way they state on the website and this has been apparent over the last couple of years not just covid years

IIRC they use ucat and degree classification for shortlisting. Covid had increased their boundaries a lot though. Their ‘holistic’ approach is anything but.
Reply 32
IIRC they use ucat and degree classification for shortlisting. Covid had increased their boundaries a lot though. Their ‘holistic’ approach is anything but.

Surely not because I graduated a few years ago so I'm applying with an achieved 1st and distinction and 3140 band 1. Maybe they don't allow re-applicants or something idk because I've applied to them 3 times all with pre-interview rejections with the low UCAT given as a reason each time
Surely not because I graduated a few years ago so I'm applying with an achieved 1st and distinction and 3140 band 1. Maybe they don't allow re-applicants or something idk because I've applied to them 3 times all with pre-interview rejections with the low UCAT given as a reason each time

You haven’t been rejected yet so I wouldn’t take it as such. Also last year the ucat threshold shot up, so that could be one reason. The year before I’m not sure maybe you were below the ucat threshold?
Reply 34
You haven’t been rejected yet so I wouldn’t take it as such. Also last year the ucat threshold shot up, so that could be one reason. The year before I’m not sure maybe you were below the ucat threshold?

Who knows
Not them though lol
Who knows
Not them though lol

Until you get that rejection email, you haven’t been rejected👍 Honestly I’d be EXTREMELY surprised if you did get rejected pre interview

They definitely look at applications holistically because people with 2:1’s and lower UCATs get interviews, it’s just that no one knows exactly what they mean by holistically! Personal statements?
‘Interview invitations do not all go out at once, they are sent out shortly before each interview date, so if you are invited to interview, you may receive the invitation at any point over the coming months.’ - From Admissions.
This was on last year's thread! So no news is good news at the moment!! :smile:
Original post by carrotmuncher
‘Interview invitations do not all go out at once, they are sent out shortly before each interview date, so if you are invited to interview, you may receive the invitation at any point over the coming months.’ - From Admissions.
This was on last year's thread! So no news is good news at the moment!! :smile:

Was that for A102 or A100? Because that makes it more confusing as there was only one interview date for GEM last year!

I may be a pessimist, but I'm thinking that no interview invite yesterday means a rejection unless someone cancels.
Reply 39
Was that for A102 or A100? Because that makes it more confusing as there was only one interview date for GEM last year!

I may be a pessimist, but I'm thinking that no interview invite yesterday means a rejection unless someone cancels.

Yeah it feels like A100 because A102 don't have that many people for interview. The only other dates were for like technical difficulties and had to be rescheduled last year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending