The Student Room Group

wifd149's last fight to end my law degree with a bang!!!

Scroll to see replies

Yep - Law graduate from New Zealand, though studied a lot of the key foundational cases from the UK :biggrin:

Some things are universal it seems, because Torts was the worst subject for our year too.
Reply 21
Original post by journeyaway
Yep - Law graduate from New Zealand, though studied a lot of the key foundational cases from the UK :biggrin:

Some things are universal it seems, because Torts was the worst subject for our year too.

It's an odd thing though, torts is easy to understand conceptually but somehow answering their problem questions is tricky. You don't know what to include within the word limit and if the steps are in the right order, but it does depend on how your course is taught maybe. I cited all cases correctly but my mark went down a lot because apparently I didn't explain the steps explicitly.
Original post by wifd149
It's an odd thing though, torts is easy to understand conceptually but somehow answering their problem questions is tricky. You don't know what to include within the word limit and if the steps are in the right order, but it does depend on how your course is taught maybe. I cited all cases correctly but my mark went down a lot because apparently I didn't explain the steps explicitly.

Agreed - Torts is easy to understand but for whatever reason, difficult to do well in. I think my problem could have been similar to yours - perhaps not properly applying the case law to the problem at hand...

What you mentioned in your previous post about taking a long time to develop skills, and being concerned about what to include/what not to include - certainly most Law students have felt that before. :biggrin: It's a testament to you knowing how much you do not know, which separates you out from the over-confident ones!
Reply 23
Agreed - Torts is easy to understand but for whatever reason, difficult to do well in. I think my problem could have been similar to yours - perhaps not properly applying the case law to the problem at hand...

What you mentioned in your previous post about taking a long time to develop skills, and being concerned about what to include/what not to include - certainly most Law students have felt that before. :biggrin: It's a testament to you knowing how much you do not know, which separates you out from the over-confident ones!

Thanks mate :hugs: What's tricky is that clearly I am an emotional person and that gets in the way of my work/productivity far too much, in turn it makes me lazy - but it has been a goal of mine to cope or overcome this. I can tell that I am somewhere better off than last year, so I suppose that there is some improvement.

So what are you up to now?
Original post by wifd149
Thanks mate :hugs: What's tricky is that clearly I am an emotional person and that gets in the way of my work/productivity far too much, in turn it makes me lazy - but it has been a goal of mine to cope or overcome this. I can tell that I am somewhere better off than last year, so I suppose that there is some improvement.

So what are you up to now?

University life is complicated and there are so many learning curves - not just in your studies, but life as well (thinking again of the renting situation). I'm glad to hear that you're better off than last year - it takes maturity to acknowledge less than ideal situations, and take steps to improve them.

Ah, I graduated in 2017, then spent some time working as a Solicitor in a corporate firm. Pivoted to the public policy field for a law enforcement government agency, where I still get to use a lot of my legal skills (so I work full time). I joined TSR a few months ago, as I'm keen on postgraduate study in the UK for 2022/23. :smile: In the process of hustling for scholarships, getting life admin sorted, trying to motivate myself to participate in some essay competitions for young professionals...just lots of 'extra-curricular'-y stuff too.
Reply 25
University life is complicated and there are so many learning curves - not just in your studies, but life as well (thinking again of the renting situation). I'm glad to hear that you're better off than last year - it takes maturity to acknowledge less than ideal situations, and take steps to improve them.

Ah, I graduated in 2017, then spent some time working as a Solicitor in a corporate firm. Pivoted to the public policy field for a law enforcement government agency, where I still get to use a lot of my legal skills (so I work full time). I joined TSR a few months ago, as I'm keen on postgraduate study in the UK for 2022/23. :smile: In the process of hustling for scholarships, getting life admin sorted, trying to motivate myself to participate in some essay competitions for young professionals...just lots of 'extra-curricular'-y stuff too.

The first part is sooo true, I remember having horrid difficulties when I started to live alone for the first time :eek: It's good to know that I am maturing somehow :fisheye: The learning curves are pretty steep, not gonna lie.

That's an interesting journey though! What part/area of public policy are you interested in? I am guessing maybe criminal, but regulations are in everything though. So what made you like public policy more than corporate?

I am also thinking about whether I should pursue a Masters too. I did some work with my local area's council on public policies regarding planning permission, some environmental projects, and pensions before. The entire process was gruesome in some ways and their work was surprisingly detailed with a good amount of interaction with the public/locals. Though the work was more researching for the whole process rather than focusing only on the legal aspects. Public policy is a very wide area, even I am not sure what areas I could do should I want to do it :rofl:

I pray that you'll get the scholarship that you want! :dancing: Your profile sounds pretty solid to me :h:
Original post by wifd149
The first part is sooo true, I remember having horrid difficulties when I started to live alone for the first time :eek: It's good to know that I am maturing somehow :fisheye: The learning curves are pretty steep, not gonna lie.

That's an interesting journey though! What part/area of public policy are you interested in? I am guessing maybe criminal, but regulations are in everything though. So what made you like public policy more than corporate?

I am also thinking about whether I should pursue a Masters too. I did some work with my local area's council on public policies regarding planning permission, some environmental projects, and pensions before. The entire process was gruesome in some ways and their work was surprisingly detailed with a good amount of interaction with the public/locals. Though the work was more researching for the whole process rather than focusing only on the legal aspects. Public policy is a very wide area, even I am not sure what areas I could do should I want to do it :rofl:

I pray that you'll get the scholarship that you want! :dancing: Your profile sounds pretty solid to me :h:

You're right on the dot, actually - it's criminal. I did my Law Honours dissertation on criminal justice, so the interest was already there, but definitely wasn't going to say no to a job offer from a law firm just to get myself started. Basically waited until the time was right, and when policy job roles were available. There were also other factors at play - I was under a lot of pressure at work, working until 11pm/12am most nights, working weekends etc.

Ah, you've been exposed to the follies and wonders of local council public policy. I have a friend who works in that area too (though in NZ), and she enjoys it though thinks it's rather chaotic. It seems like you've already done some consultation work too, and perhaps faced some angry music from the locals? People do get rather passionate about local council issues, including things like zoning, infrastructure resilience, and dog laws. The great thing about public policy is that it's applicable to most areas of interest - whatever the profession or subject matter, there's always some policy wraparound. Your legal background would be an asset because law tends to dictate policy, and policy tends to get transformed into primary or secondary regulation. :smile: Did you overall enjoy the experience?

When would you consider doing a Masters, and what kind of Masters would you look to do?
Reply 27
You're right on the dot, actually - it's criminal. I did my Law Honours dissertation on criminal justice, so the interest was already there, but definitely wasn't going to say no to a job offer from a law firm just to get myself started. Basically waited until the time was right, and when policy job roles were available. There were also other factors at play - I was under a lot of pressure at work, working until 11pm/12am most nights, working weekends etc.

Ah, you've been exposed to the follies and wonders of local council public policy. I have a friend who works in that area too (though in NZ), and she enjoys it though thinks it's rather chaotic. It seems like you've already done some consultation work too, and perhaps faced some angry music from the locals? People do get rather passionate about local council issues, including things like zoning, infrastructure resilience, and dog laws. The great thing about public policy is that it's applicable to most areas of interest - whatever the profession or subject matter, there's always some policy wraparound. Your legal background would be an asset because law tends to dictate policy, and policy tends to get transformed into primary or secondary regulation. :smile: Did you overall enjoy the experience?

When would you consider doing a Masters, and what kind of Masters would you look to do?

Ohhh... That's cool, criminal law is actually one of my worser subjects (since it's one of the two subjects that I've got a 2:2 in) :rolleyes: I did some chambering work in criminal before. At that time it was mostly prostitution, domestic abuse cases, and one murder that involved a man's head being cleaved open. I didn't like the job personally, though it was the type of work where it gets varied a lot and surprisingly fast-paced since you have limited timings to remand a person.

I actually enjoyed the public policy/council one :h: Although I would much prefer to be put into a position that doesn't necessarily need me to use many hats, so maybe I would consider a job in public policy that would be focused on one area or one main task most of the time. For instance, researching in a think tank. I like negotiating and talking with different people and parties too, so that's a plus. I don't how much of late working I could take regularly either. The internship that I did most recently have had good hours for me since I didn't have to go over-time often, and I kind of realised that was a privilege not all people in the same industry could get :s-smilie:

I like the commercial legal industries too, not only firms but in-house work as well. Honestly, so far I haven't been successful with them but I am the kind who is considering changing careers in the future. For the firm, I have gone to the assessment centre and interview once (it was the only place I applied to). For the in-house internship, I managed to get the interview and they did ask me about working overtime and during the weekends, I said that I was alright with both. Was unsuccessful at both; about the firm I am not as bothered at that time, my friend got it and he managed to have them sponsor his LPC (to become a solicitor), whereas for the in-house one I kinda messed up a contract law scenario so :bawling: Thankfully I got the last internship on legal researching/ a bit of chambering and their work hours were good, so it wasn't all for naught at least.

For Masters I am not so sure yet, it is most likely that I will do the bar this upcoming September and would maybe do a Masters after that before I start taking a full-time office job. I am far too interested in many areas, so I am just considering between a general/taught LLM, finance and law, and management? A lot of this would depend on my final year results and what university ends up accepting me, so we'll see I guess. There is also a tiny chance that maybe I could pursue a Masters 3-10 years down the line once I start working, but I'm not sure if I would want to engage in full-time academics again by that time. I enjoy constantly learning new things to improve myself and my performance and I know that doesn't need to happen in academia, so yeah.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 28
I know that I’ve said in the previous post that I haven’t been successful with firms and that I’ve only applied to one; I actually applied to two, was unsuccessful at the first one after the interview following the assessment centre, and for the second one I turned down their offer for a contract. It’s a long story.

I don’t want to explicitly disclose their names because I’d like to remain anonymous and unfortunately my stories/profile makes me a little bit identifiable? Only the first firm I applied to had an AC, while the other one didn’t it was straight up to an interview with an article discussion/presentation in it. I also didn’t have any psychometric testing for these firms, so I don’t know how helpful this is?

The reason why I didn’t apply to many places initially was because I was just YOLO-ing, and I was incredibly insecure about my bad, unremarkable grades alongside a practically-empty CV and my chances of getting considered in the first place.

When I sent my applications in, I didn’t quite expect to get any proper response because I was very well-aware that my overall profile was the weakest out of all other applicants. There was also only 4-5** partners/senior lawyers that was from my university previously too. One of the reasons why I even chose these places to send my applications in is because some of my friends from my college and old internship were applying there and they just encouraged me to do the same.

I did this because I was reserving the firms that give out a lot of TCs for after graduation or further down my future career path when I will be much more serious about this. I didn’t want to unnecessarily record myself into their systems just yet. Also, now I am planning to take the bar this upcoming September so the solicitor path is one that I am considering should I want a career change or something. Albeit one can argue that the bar route is much more uncertain than getting a job in a firm, but I don’t know, I just want to do this I guess? :dontknow:

Meaning to say that when I was invited for the AC and interviews, I wasn’t prepared in the slightest. I didn’t even know what people do in an AC at all when I turned up that morning.

What really shocked me about ACs was how much and how intensely the people observed applicants. That intimidated me a lot and I was an obvious nervous, shy wreck; I kept stuttering in one of the interviews and the interviewer even tried to calm me down indirectly, but I did manage to have my own fun closer to the end. This firm’s practice areas have a strong focus surrounding the science field (won’t confirm what), so I won’t exactly say that their AC and interview questions are what you may expect from a typical London-based commercial law firm? There was an abundance of situational analysis and critical thinking that I had to do and your skills were tested through various forms, from a bit of in-tray exercises to doing presentations within the hour. I swear I learned a lot on that day.

For advice on ACs and interviews generally, I’d say:

- not knowing what you will do but at the same time expecting everything and anything helped me tremendously I think. I find that if you go in expecting to do a case study, you might have enclosed your mind to some set boundary that your answers are unlikely to have that creative and overreaching element. Though this is just a personal preference since I normally like to be spontaneous most times because I am a lazy person (not that it’s helping my grades)

- at least be aware of what makes a good presentation and any kind of communication form (e-mail, etc.) helps a lot

- be aware of that firm’s culture, principles, mission, and what are their preferable/favourite attributes in a candidate. You need to make sure that you demonstrate all of them during your time at the AC. It will also give you a good framework to answer situational questions/analysis in the way that the firm appreciates.

- be very familiar and know about the firm’s practice areas and interests. So I’ve known a lot of people who tend to approach this somewhat poorly by only focusing on the cases that the firm has done or memorising probably trivial facts about recent happenings in those areas. In my opinion, what measures a good use of commercial awareness is by how well can you discern when something thing is crucial or the turning point (why is it so?), and how detailed of a trend can you detect from what is available. You should somewhat know the cases that the firm tends to take/attract though, it helps you understand the direction they are going for. Look at the firm as a whole and try to recognise the deeper things that they are trying to improve, change, etc. The more you can impress the lawyers and future colleagues, the better.

- an interview isn’t a one-way street; do your best to make it natural and do converse with your interviewers as well. Be polite, nice, and courteous in general. Show your character too, be honest with yourself. Don’t be over-sensitive or have misperceptions about anything that the interviewer may do during the interview since it shows if you do. I have had some unfriendly or sarcastic interviewers before, but always try to see the good parts of anything and understand their humour or where they are coming from. Take everything in good faith basically.

- have some conversational topics in mind just in case they give you an opportunity to ask questions, or there are some blank spaces in between to fill. Some say there’s no need to do this, but I personally do every time.

- make yourself memorable to them, and communicate your passion and enthusiasm.

- have your way around answering tricky questions about grades and extracurriculars. I really got no advice here, I was just being honest and careful to not make it sound like I was giving excuses.

About my applications, I did ask about what made them select me based on that considering the relatively **** grades I have. One of the interviewers said that the answers I gave showed that I was a reflective and thoughtful person by nature, I was good at taking into account and understanding what are the concerns other parties/people have in a given situation when recounting my past experiences, and they were memorable. The reflective bit also was what made my application stood out in the place where I got the VC in according to them, and they enjoyed interviewing me apparently. To be honest I don’t know how the answers in my applications showed these attributes distinctively in comparison to other applicants’ :dontknow: The only thing I had in mind when writing them was that I want to unapologetically be myself, and also to communicate what is it that I want them to know.

When it comes to applying to firms, you would want to ensure you meet their grade cut-offs at least though unless you have mitigating circumstances listed in your application. Otherwise they definitely won’t contact you back at all. If you are in the middle of your degree, you can still improve your final degree classification and apply to their graduate schemes.

As an afterthought, the reason why I decided to turn down the second firm was because during the time I spent to work there, I slowly come to understand why their trainees/lawyers were mostly from highly ranked universities. The firm wasn’t originally from the UK, so they don’t have a tailored training scheme it was more of a learn-on-your-feet kind of place. At one point I was involved in some corporate governance advisory matter, from what I get with their trainees is that most UK firms have proper training schemes in place alongside proper guidelines and usable documents made for newbies. That wasn’t a problem for me though, it was just that I found that doing the firms’ work requires me to go an extra mile and effort to understand the different materials within the limited time span we’ve been given with the way and the skill level I am at right now. I wasn’t confident in my abilities to work in that firm specifically in the long-run, but the whole experience has been an eye opener and did gave me a strong further insight on what it takes to work in places of this calibre. There are other places that have similar practice areas and specialisations, so I wasn’t too worried outside the fact that I did let go a big part of assuring that I have a job down the line :burnout: My mum and grandma was disappointed in my decision, but ah well.

[Edited]
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by wifd149
Ohhh... That's cool, criminal law is actually one of my worser subjects (since it's one of the two subjects that I've got a 2:2 in) :rolleyes: I did some chambering work in criminal before. At that time it was mostly prostitution, domestic abuse cases, and one murder that involved a man's head being cleaved open. I didn't like the job personally, though it was the type of work where it gets varied a lot and surprisingly fast-paced since you have limited timings to remand a person.

I actually enjoyed the public policy/council one :h: Although I would much prefer to be put into a position that doesn't necessarily need me to use many hats, so maybe I would consider a job in public policy that would be focused on one area or one main task most of the time. For instance, researching in a think tank. I like negotiating and talking with different people and parties too, so that's a plus. I don't how much of late working I could take regularly either. The internship that I did most recently have had good hours for me since I didn't have to go over-time often, and I kind of realised that was a privilege not all people in the same industry could get :s-smilie:

I like the commercial legal industries too, not only firms but in-house work as well. Honestly, so far I haven't been successful with them but I am the kind who is considering changing careers in the future. For the firm, I have gone to the assessment centre and interview once (it was the only place I applied to). For the in-house internship, I managed to get the interview and they did ask me about working overtime and during the weekends, I said that I was alright with both. Was unsuccessful at both; about the firm I am not as bothered at that time, my friend got it and he managed to have them sponsor his LPC (to become a solicitor), whereas for the in-house one I kinda messed up a contract law scenario so :bawling: Thankfully I got the last internship on legal researching/ a bit of chambering and their work hours were good, so it wasn't all for naught at least.

For Masters I am not so sure yet, it is most likely that I will do the bar this upcoming September and would maybe do a Masters after that before I start taking a full-time office job. I am far too interested in many areas, so I am just considering between a general/taught LLM, finance and law, and management? A lot of this would depend on my final year results and what university ends up accepting me, so we'll see I guess. There is also a tiny chance that maybe I could pursue a Masters 3-10 years down the line once I start working, but I'm not sure if I would want to engage in full-time academics again by that time. I enjoy constantly learning new things to improve myself and my performance and I know that doesn't need to happen in academia, so yeah.

That's really impressive. You've shown great thought in your subject areas and I really like how you've kept an open mind to them all. Whether it's criminal, policy, or commercial, it sounds like you've put yourself out there and dipped your toes in a variety of work. :smile:

There's no rush with the Masters too, it's never too late to get back into studying after having some career experience as you rightly acknowledged.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas day in the meanwhile :jumphug:and I look forward to your future posts.
Reply 30
That's really impressive. You've shown great thought in your subject areas and I really like how you've kept an open mind to them all. Whether it's criminal, policy, or commercial, it sounds like you've put yourself out there and dipped your toes in a variety of work. :smile:

There's no rush with the Masters too, it's never too late to get back into studying after having some career experience as you rightly acknowledged.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas day in the meanwhile :jumphug:and I look forward to your future posts.

I don’t think it’s something impressive to be honest :s-smilie: I was just extremely lucky when I applied to these places since I wasn’t their usual candidate profile, but it does help the most in making an informed decision about the kind of job I would like to have down the road.

And have a jolly Christmas celebration mate! :yeah::holly2:

Thanks for the moral support too :cute: I tend to put out lengthy posts, so there isn’t any pressure for anyone to keep themselves up to date with it :burnout:

Take care, have fun, and happy holidays :beer:
Reply 31
Christmas mid-day update :confused:

Currently tired :bird: Yet I still want to consume some more stuffs and snack on more cakes, cookies, popcorn later. The one concern I have about my consumption right now is my sugar intake we are talking about non-water drinks on top of cakes and cookies. I took far too much ale, sweet drinks, and popcorn last night than what I normally would and I generally don't even have a sweet tooth.

Nothing major is happening today with the fam since I have already visited my grandparents yesterday, had roasts, and most of them have their own scheduled activities today. We were binge watching movies on Netflix yesterday, from old Italian films to the latest Tomb Raider movie. I managed to chat with one of my all-time best friends for almost 6 hours too, so I am planning to catch up with other long-term friends throughout these few days. Some are too hungover to do anything today, and some are still sleeping at the moment :u:

What am I doing at this moment? Typing out this TSR post and also staring at this environmental law article for a good 4 hours now. Nothing is registering in my brain so far, but somehow I still have the capacity to feel some inch of fear crawling up my spine since I haven't chosen a question for both my MHL and environmental law assignments that are due in 23 days :thumbsdown: The total amount of words are 6,500 (2,500 for MHL and 4,000 for EL), and I will probably want to commit su***** within the next month if I don't start any of them sooner :colonhash: Although realistically speaking, I could only start this seriously tomorrow or on Monday onwards.

What I will be doing after this? Opening some cans I can find in the house and maybe watch some dumb things on YT. I'd like to wait for my other siblings to get up and join the table, but I guess that they are either resting or doing their own thing :call2::call:

What do I need to do tonight? Get a good night rest. Cheers! :awesome:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 32
Update 2:

So I am considering to do the question on the effectiveness of economic instruments in environmental regulations, but it also asks for me to critically evaluate one example issue is whether I can choose one example swiftly and for it to be more than good enough to talk for about 4,000 words on it. The easiest question to do is on agreements and conventions since they might have more articles or journals on the topic, but I don't know how much can I even write about this as the question wants me to analyze this one specific agreement more or less.

I will look at the lecture slides again later to recall what was the course's outlook on economic instruments in regulating the environment, alongside the reading list provided. To be honest, I find the topic really interesting since it requires the discussion of several theories and to discuss the empirical findings alongside some legal/procedural loopholes. But at the same time I don't want to jeopardise my marks for the sake of something interesting. For the discussion of agreements, I could make comparisons and assess what are the impacts of this one agreement/convention that the question wants me to look at. Question is if I can stretch and fill in that 4,000 word count excitingly is the issue.

How should I decide which one to do? Not sure to be honest.

For MHL, I don't even know what question to do. I am thinking that the more specific the question is, the easier it is to do. Thus, I already have one in mind but I am not clear yet on what topics this question covers. I could look up legal responsibilities and community treatment orders, and whatnot, from the lecture/course materials soon.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 33
When are you thinking of applying? I think a Scottish/Eng LLB is for four years, so soon I guess. So far the only bad grades you had are for 1st and 2nd years, whereas recently you’ve been improving quite a lot with some essays having firsts and a high 2:1 :colondollar: I’m envious about that a lot because it’s not easy for me to get marked firsts or high 2:1s. The good news is that technically speaking, becoming a solicitor isn’t impossible for you. Just give it a few more months until you graduate to prove it on your certificate/transcript :smile:

Technically my grades are bad because they are at the bottom of the scale :s-smilie: so they aren’t very competitive, which the goal of this GYG is to improve them tremendously :dumbells: I’m aiming for the bar right now, maybe to work regional for the first few years then we’ll see, and the bar is way more cutthroat than most firms :vroam:

I’d say that it’s extremely important to have other kinds of internships under your belt; I had a couple wide-ranging ones before I was successful at the firm. Even then I had a couple of rejections within that same cycle. I’m still pretty insecure about my CV genuinely speaking. The biggest factor for me was probably that my profile fit the firm really well, I can’t guarantee a success if I were to apply to other more popular firms. So I highly recommend that you also keep looking out for other internships too. Being able to narrow your interests down to specifics helps a lot and gives you more reasons to work in the firm that you want. You only need one TC to become a solicitor, so don’t put yourself down mate. Focus on getting any internships first, they don’t have to be legal most of time. What will happen onwards depends on how you construct your narrative.

I’m sure that you will become a solicitor after your degree :hugs:
Reply 34
Reminds me that I need to have a plan of what I will do + focus on throughout this upcoming year! :zomg:

I will be quick with it and publish it here ASAP. Gotta make sure that my yearly plan has quality.
Reply 35
I’m also thinking of making another blog/thread about my life (+career and hobbies) progression and aspirations. I think that I once saw a job-hunting blog/thread in the Creative Corner? Will do some research about this, I kind of have ideas of what my first few posts will be on.
Original post by wifd149
Reminds me that I need to have a plan of what I will do + focus on throughout this upcoming year! :zomg:

I will be quick with it and publish it here ASAP. Gotta make sure that my yearly plan has quality.

Original post by wifd149
I’m also thinking of making another blog/thread about my life (+career and hobbies) progression and aspirations. I think that I once saw a job-hunting blog/thread in the Creative Corner? Will do some research about this, I kind of have ideas of what my first few posts will be on.

Loving the motivation - though don't stress about the plan's 'quality'! I used to spend so much time strategising, then ended up falling through with the execution :colonhash: #RIP
Make sure to dedicate yourself some time to rest too :xmasgrin:
Reply 38
Day 2 for Sem 1 assignments
(20 days left)

Slight progress has been made from yesterday; I have decided what questions I want to do, broke them down, and have enlisted the parts that I definitely want to talk about in my essay.

For environmental law, I ended up choosing to do the question on economic instruments (by focusing on one example from the US) reason was because I don't think I have anything substantial to write for 4,000 words on agreements :s-smilie: and there are some empirical data on the example I am focusing on. Motivation was also a big thing in the decision-making process, so let's pray that it won't bite me in the ass sooner or later :creep:

For mental health law, I chose the question on some principle. The question quoted a case and I started from there yesterday, read the judgement, and realised that this principle touches on both the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended) and Mental Capacity Act 2005. It basically meant that the scope of my research is wider than I thought, but since the question focuses on home care, I pray that doing the research for this shouldn't be difficult :creep:

Based on my last-minute experience, the biggest time-consuming part of all this is definitely the reading! The more I read, the more quality content I can write. So I do think that the fact that I'm starting them much earlier than before, should help me a lot right now.

So for today, I will:

Continue doing research

Make a reading list of what articles/chapters to read for both MHL and environmental law

Note down why am I reading that specific article/chapter on the side :confused:

Adamantly, right now I am eying the Creative Corner on TSR and am wondering if I should do some life blog thread there soon. Still drafting random ideas on that :fluffy:

I am planning to get on with my work soon though. Today's work is mostly looking up things and with online journals having limited time sessions before I have to sign in repeatedly, I am not in the mood to do it yet :grumble: *grumbles intensifies*
Reply 39
Update for Day 3 and 4 (19 - 18 days remaining):

I will continue to complete those tasks by today! :angry:

I am writing this in advance, because I know that once I logged into TSR, I tend to get distracted and not want to do my work. I think I've spent literally 6 hours of daydreaming today :eek: So, for tomorrow, once I'm starting to do my work - no more TSR!

So far, I've drafted out my structure and found 1/2 useful articles. Yes, that little.

Morning at 6:22 am Day 3 (personal update): didn’t sleep well last night, kept waking up every 2/3 hours. Tried to do some work in the morning instead, but still yawned far too much. I also have some admin papers to submit later, which is scary and it’s been at the back of my mind since this morning. But I will have to put them aside since it requires my dad’s bit and he’s not around till later in the evening, so I will start with my work first and foremost! Then comes the admin stuffs when he’s there, or during my second break from work :cry2: *panicky, sleep deprived, distressed noises*

Afternoon, Day 3 update: deciding to take a bit of a breather. Do work a bit easily today, maybe a nap and some more work. I will have to start seriously tomorrow though so there's that :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending