The Student Room Group

What do you think the UK will be like in 5 years time?

We’re completely ****ed in my opinion.

- Significant drop in living standards that impacts large swathes of the population, well beyond the working class, fuelled by the economic fall out from covid and self imposed net zero targets. Deaths.
- Social unrest on a scale that UK is not familiar with as a result of above
- No more covid lockdowns because the government is unable to enforce them or afford them.
- Ever increasing political tensions, leading to violence
- Mass unemployment

Scroll to see replies

Well I always assumed the film Tank Girl was going to come true but with less fairness and water conservation.

I've said it many times, we should never have let trolling go mainstream.
africa? the middle east?
You're probably right OP

My hope is that Supreme Leader Donald J Trump, first of his name, Pbuh, takes pity on us and annexes England some point after his restoration.

Screenshot_2021-11-01-12-45-01-47_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg
Original post by GreatReset
africa? the middle east?

Just going to say that I am flattered that someone has created an account for the sake of posting on one of my threads.

I’ve got no idea what conditions in Africa or the Middle East will be like and am not going to pretend that I know. Doubt it’s going to be pretty though.
Original post by Starship Trooper
You're probably right OP

My hope is that Supreme Leader Donald J Trump, first of his name, Pbuh, takes pity on us and annexes England some point after his restoration.

Screenshot_2021-11-01-12-45-01-47_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg

I would say that Donald Trump isn’t exactly young and probably doesn’t have long left in terms of conquering countries, but who knows, he might be immortal as well.

A Chinese invasion isn’t beyond the realms of possibility if you stretch the timeline out a bit.
- I also think that TSR will be no more, whether that is actually a bad thing depends on your perspective.
- The looney left will ramp up their attempts to encourage dissatisfaction across the demographics, my problems are all caused by the whites, my life is bad because not everyone is bisexual…
- Frequent brown outs and black outs as a direct result of the government neglecting our energy system to the point that it is no longer viable
I think Scotland may well have voted to leave the UK by then. Hope not but I fear it.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I think Scotland may well have voted to leave the UK by then. Hope not but I fear it.

I wish they did but they know which side their bread is buttered on.
I wish they did but they know which side their bread is buttered on.

What you want the end of Britain?
What you want the end of Britain?

Britain is dead and it was killed by Blair.

Right now the "UK" is just England subsidising two separatist left wing governments that hate England.

If I was prime minister I'd give Scotland and wales a referendum. Leave or stay in the UK but scrap their devolved powers.

Right now the "UK" is just England subsidising two separatist left wing governments that hate England.

If I was prime minister I'd give Scotland and wales a referendum. Leave or stay in the UK but scrap their devolved powers.

Well I agree Blair did massive damage. Not sure what constitutes Britain being dead specifically. Or whether there is that much Welsh nationalism.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Cancelled Alice

- Significant drop in living standards that impacts large swathes of the population, well beyond the working class, fuelled by the economic fall out from covid and self imposed net zero targets. Deaths.
- No more covid lockdowns because the government is unable to enforce them or afford them.
- Mass unemployment

Nah. The only thing I will predict is Boris will no longer be PM.

But the economy is pretty buoyant at the moment despite covid. Sure, it is hitting hospitality, but behind that there is a whole load of business as usual and once restriction ease, hospitality will bounce back simply because there is so much demand for it.

Next year there will be a shock to incomes as a result of high inflation and massively increased energy costs which will probably see higher interest rates, but the later won't affect that many people as most people now have fixed rate mortgages and so are protected.

I think the biggest political movement in the next 5 years will be a total rejection of the Tories as a result of them being in power so long and the constant stories of corruption and sleaze. However, whether that sees a swing to labour, a resurgence of the Lib Dems or something else completely it is too early to say.

But mass political violence and uprising? Nah. No chance. On average we have it too good.
Reply 13
- Prince Charles will be king and we'll all find that mildly awkward.
- The Tories will either have had a new leader in for a while or will have lost the last election.
- We'll probably have seen a fairly boring economic landscape for a while but with a lightening of fiscal rules and more government spending or tax cuts to cheer everyone up.
- There'll have been some renegotiation with the EU over the NI Protocol/single market etc.

I'm not predicting much excitement to be fair.

You are assuming a referendum will have been held by then, I'm not so sure.
Reply 15

Really it's London and Islay subsidising 'the rest'
Reply 16
Original post by Cancelled Alice

- Mass unemployment

I think I'll be richer in the UK in five years

How about you?
Original post by Quady

To some degree yeah but if they secede England will massacre them.
Reply 18
To some degree yeah but if they secede England will massacre them.

Massacre? Like in Afghanistan you mean....?
Original post by Quady

London is subsidised heavily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending