The Student Room Group

I have just finished 9 years of university... AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
How much student debt are you in?

A hell of a lot, for bachelor's and masters, but my PhD was fully funded. The other loans have inflated with interest and I'm not looking forward to the extra bill to pay when I finally do go out to work.
Bump, I have been in four different relationships now since the start of this journey in 2012.
First in 2013 I met a girl in my halls who was first year and I was second year. She has got a master's degree now and is a mum with her husband.
2015 I met a new girl who was two years older than me studying her masters and I was just finishing off my bachelor's. I haven't heard from her much since we broke up in 2017 before my masters, but i heard she is not married yet.
2018 I met a new girl during the second semester of the first year PhD and she graduated in the summer and started her masters in a different university from 2018-19.
I was single through the whole pandemic and just focused on the research and wasted a lot of time in my room. I then met my new girlfriend in the summer whilst the Euro's were being played and she was going into her final year of her integrated masters. She is really stressed with this masters and I barely get much time to see her as I was also stressed out during the final hurdle of the phD thesis. She also hates being a stressed student and she told me she will never do a PhD.
do you think that AI will allow robots to take over ?

:holmes:
Reply 23
That was too good let’s get the bill purrr
Original post by the bear
do you think that AI will allow robots to take over ?

:holmes:

I hope so one day. But not in my lifetime.
Original post by BeeMithcell
That's right folks. I started my university journey in September 2012 and I still remember the day my parents dropped me off to my first university accomodation. Here we are 9 years later and I have finally finished, BSc MSc and PhD.

Since it has been my reality for nearly a decade and my whole adult life, I'm starting to think now what... and it's a very scary time for me.

Ask me anything

wow and I'm planning to just do 3 years and enter the world of work lol
can you help me with computer science:colone: first year at uni lol
you must be sooooooo in debt
Original post by lesgo21
wow and I'm planning to just do 3 years and enter the world of work lol

Better option. All my mates did that and already have a career with a house and are starting families now...
Original post by charfreemannn
you must be sooooooo in debt

Not really much more than other graduates.
Original post by sy!¡
can you help me with computer science:colone: first year at uni lol

The problem with phD is that you study an in depth part of computer science and you forget the basics.
Compared to others, i feel my question will be quite basic. I'm starting uni in Septemeber and i'm quite anxious about it, I've got a few questions and i hope it's not to many! feel free to not answer some if you don't want to!

Is it easy to settle in once you're there? Does the homesicknesses go away quite easily? How does washing clothes and stuff work at uni? Are you able to see family (a lot aka lots of free time)? Are there lots of exams (I'm planing on studying History)?
And do you have any tips or tricks or just some general advice for someone who's generally always anxious, all of the time, and doesn't like being away from home atm?
Did u not work in retail during uni esp during ur undergrad
U must've had some real life work experience?
What uni did u go 2
And also I want to learn how to code
Should I start off w python? Do u know of any gud websites which could help
Thnx n good luck
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 33
That's right folks. I started my university journey in September 2012 and I still remember the day my parents dropped me off to my first university accomodation. Here we are 9 years later and I have finally finished, BSc MSc and PhD.

Since it has been my reality for nearly a decade and my whole adult life, I'm starting to think now what... and it's a very scary time for me.

Ask me anything

Why did you join TSR this month rather than nine years ago?
Original post by HiccupHaddock
Compared to others, i feel my question will be quite basic. I'm starting uni in Septemeber and i'm quite anxious about it, I've got a few questions and i hope it's not to many! feel free to not answer some if you don't want to!

Is it easy to settle in once you're there? Does the homesicknesses go away quite easily? How does washing clothes and stuff work at uni? Are you able to see family (a lot aka lots of free time)? Are there lots of exams (I'm planing on studying History)?
And do you have any tips or tricks or just some general advice for someone who's generally always anxious, all of the time, and doesn't like being away from home atm?

1. Yes it is easy to settle and term times goes very quickly. Term time is only 7months of the year so a bachelor's degree is just 21 months in total.
2. Most accomodations have a washing room and you have to pay a lot of money to use it.
3. Definitely during undergrad you have a lot of time to do
4. You can live at home for uni
Original post by Quady
Why did you join TSR this month rather than nine years ago?

I used to have an account in 2010 when I was studying my A Levels. Times have changed now
Reply 36
I used to have an account in 2010 when I was studying my A Levels. Times have changed now

What happened to that account?
Yes I am already suffering as I have these qualifications but with no work experience.

There's always time to build up your experience :smile:
I found it quite difficult to get my first graduate job (I had no experience either) but once you've had one job it really does help when looking for another. Once your foot is in the door so to speak it feels a lot easier
Hope you find something :hugs:
Original post by Quady
What happened to that account?

it got closed down
Reply 39
it got closed down

For trolling?

Quick Reply

Latest