The Student Room Group

Johnson is a disgrace of a leader

Boris Johnson is undeniably the worst Prime Minister since the war and probably the worst since Stanley Baldwin in the 30s.

The latest photo shows him at his most intolerable - the arrogant elitism, the laziness, the indifference to rules and to the public he is supposed to serve.

LazyBoris.jpg

The incredible sleaze of this creature Johnson is something to behold.

Not that there's anyone jumping out as better to replace him, which shows how bad things are in the modern Tory Party.

He's our answer to Trump and every bit as embarrassing and humiliating to Britain as Trump was to America.

Scroll to see replies

Apparently the photo was taken from No 11 upstairs rooms, suggesting it might have been someone on Sunak's staff out to get the PM.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10328737/Was-Downing-Street-lockdown-party-snap-taken-No-11-balcony.html
What really confuses me is that every time these revelations come to our attention, the government response is not to admit fault and apologise, but to double down and tell us to deny to ourselves what we see.

It is pure gaslighting, a hallmark of an abusive relationship, but they can get away with it because conservative lemmings will endorse them at the ballot box come the next election.
Original post by Crazed cat lady
What really confuses me is that every time these revelations come to our attention, the government response is not to admit fault and apologise, but to double down and tell us to deny to ourselves what we see.

It is pure gaslighting, a hallmark of an abusive relationship, but they can get away with it because conservative lemmings will endorse them at the ballot box come the next election.

Yes, we voters are like the battered spouse and the government like the abuser. Eventually we are going to declare that we've had enough and start throwing things at them.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Yes, we voters are like the battered spouse and the government like the abuser. Eventually we are going to declare that we've had enough and start throwing things at them.

Thankfully we are finally starting to see a shift in the polls.
Reply 5
Thankfully we are finally starting to see a shift in the polls.

We are, but the worry is that Johnson is now acting like a big sponge for all the negativity and ill feeling. And then when the Tories remove him their new leader is untainted.
Original post by DSilva
We are, but the worry is that Johnson is now acting like a big sponge for all the negativity and ill feeling. And then when the Tories remove him their new leader is untainted.

Which also is a traditional Tory ploy that they use whenever the electorate rumble their low morals and lack of real interest in the nation's well being.
Reply 7
Which also is a traditional Tory ploy that they use whenever the electorate rumble their low morals and lack of real interest in the nation's well being.

The country's interests very much comes second to internal tory party politics.
For once I'm inclined to agree.
I'm saying this as someone who has voted for the PM more than once, as the least awful of some dreadful options.
Last election as an alternative to voting for the DUP in northern ireland and to keep Corbyn out of no10.

The wets of no 10-11 & their closest advisors are drowning the nation and whatever is left of Conservative Party economic credibility.
Lousy handling of the economy, pandemic, brexit, immigration and half a dozen other things.
I'm close to snarling more loudly and often than the habitually angry rotweillers I'm looking after. :fangs:
Reply 9
Water is wet, the sky is blue and politicians are shisters..
Reply 10
Original post by londonmyst
I'm saying this as someone who has voted for the PM more than once, as the least awful of some dreadful options.
Last election as an alternative to voting for the DUP in northern ireland and to keep Corbyn out of no10.

The wets of no 10-11 & their closest advisors are drowning the nation and whatever is left of Conservative Party economic credibility.
Lousy handling of the economy, pandemic, brexit, immigration and half a dozen other things.
I'm close to snarling more loudly and often than the habitually angry rotweillers I'm looking after. :fangs:

Out of interest, why not Alliance?
He's our answer to Trump and every bit as embarrassing and humiliating to Britain as Trump was to America.

Screenshot_2021-12-07-04-34-25-37_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg

Spoiler

Don't you dare compare the glorious President in exile, Supreme Leader Donald J Trump, first of his name, PBUH with that idiot Boris Johnson. Millions of people love and respect Trump nobody likes this doofus.

Screenshot_2021-12-06-16-33-32-68_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg
Original post by Quady
Out of interest, why not Alliance?

It's a two horse race between the DUP and Sinn Fein, other parties cannot win at GE.

I wouldn't consider tactical voting that involved switching registration addresses within northern ireland to vote Alliance as I fiercely oppose most of their policies.
E.g. “Joint First Ministers”, introducing an Irish Language Act, commitment to continuing participation in the European Arrest Warrant scheme- HRA- ECHR, extending Unexplained Wealth Orders to include northern ireland, full inclusion of all children within the classroom, directly elected House of Lords, allowing 16 year olds to vote and permitting eu citizens to vote in all elections & referendums. :facepalm:
Reply 13
Original post by londonmyst

I think a lot of conservatives will also tell you how much of a mess BoJo is making
Original post by brjf
I think a lot of conservatives will also tell you how much of a mess BoJo is making

Yes, they have done for the past 18-23 months.
From the Conservative Party membership card carrying supporters of John Redwood to supporters of Ken Clarke, IDS or Nigel Farage.
I'm a Tory and agree, the way he's dragged his feet over restrictions is unbelievable, oust him and bring in a competent chap
Original post by SMEGGGY
I'm a Tory and agree, the way he's dragged his feet over restrictions is unbelievable, oust him and bring in a competent chap

Who?
Dominic Raab, Ed Davey, Keir Starmer, Liz Truss, Priti Patel, Rishi Sunak or someone else.
What I would do to work hospitality at one of those fancy rule-breaking functions.
Original post by SMEGGGY

The problem is the last time the Conservative party ousted someone, they took a good hard look at the available candidates and overwhelming concluded that a dishonest man of limited ability was the individual most suited to lead.

The entire population is now paying (quite literally with those high taxes conservatives love) for this failure.
Reply 19
The problem is the last time the Conservative party ousted someone, they took a good hard look at the available candidates and overwhelming concluded that a dishonest man of limited ability was the individual most suited to lead.

The entire population is now paying (quite literally with those high taxes conservatives love) for this failure.

As I recall, the electorate at large was able to feedback whether they wanted Bojo as their PM (through the proxy of voting for their constituency MP). They took a good hard look at the available candidates and overwhelming concluded that a dishonest man of limited ability was the individual most suited to lead.

Unless of course that is actually what the electorate wanted. Perhaps you voted in support of Bojo at that 2019 election?

Quick Reply