The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Msc Strategic Communications Offers

Hey Guys,
I wanted to know if someone has applied and has received an offer for Msc Strategic Communications from LSE? How long does LSE take to reply and how difficult is it to get an offer? I am an international student with a diverse work experience.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
hey! i recieved an offer from a separate dept and course, and currently they're on Christmas break- I guess expect your status mid jan?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by sodablob
hey! i recieved an offer from a separate dept and course, and currently they're on Christmas break- I guess expect your status mid jan?

Hey Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, which program and course? And when did you apply?
Reply 3
Original post by SHA1415
Hey Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, which program and course? And when did you apply?

Thank you :biggrin:

MSc Human Resources Organisations; and I sent in my application around December 1, heard back on Dec 21st with a conditional offer (language requirement, since I'm from India)
Reply 4
Original post by sodablob
Thank you :biggrin:

MSc Human Resources Organisations; and I sent in my application around December 1, heard back on Dec 21st with a conditional offer (language requirement, since I'm from India)

Woah! That's amazing! Do you know anyone else who has heard back that fast from LSE? I'm just anxious about it.
Reply 5
I was placed on the waiting list on November 15th, but haven't heard back from them yet for this program. Have you received any updates?
Reply 6
Original post by nk2811
I was placed on the waiting list on November 15th, but haven't heard back from them yet for this program. Have you received any updates?

Hi, Oh .. what was your background if you don't mind me asking and When did you apply? Are they considering you for your second choice? I still haven't heard back from them and i'm honestly a nervous wreck right now. I can't seem to find anyone posting or discussing about strategic communications.
Reply 7
Original post by SHA1415
Hi, Oh .. what was your background if you don't mind me asking and When did you apply? Are they considering you for your second choice? I still haven't heard back from them and i'm honestly a nervous wreck right now. I can't seem to find anyone posting or discussing about strategic communications.

I applied on October 22nd and I have a background in Marketing & Advertising, I have 3 years of experience in media agencies. I didn't include a 2nd choice which was dumb to do :/
I emailed them yesterday this was their response: We apologise for the delay in a decision being made, the 8 weeks is an average time frame, for some programmes it can take a longer to make a final decision.

I just hope we get answers soon because it's super frustrating. Did you receive any communication about being waitlisted?
Reply 8
Original post by nk2811
I applied on October 22nd and I have a background in Marketing & Advertising, I have 3 years of experience in media agencies. I didn't include a 2nd choice which was dumb to do :/
I emailed them yesterday this was their response: We apologise for the delay in a decision being made, the 8 weeks is an average time frame, for some programmes it can take a longer to make a final decision.

I just hope we get answers soon because it's super frustrating. Did you receive any communication about being waitlisted?

It is super frustrating! i have an offer from St Andrews and what i fail to understand is if they don't want to consider an application or waitlist someone, they should just do it already so the person can decide what to do next. You seem to have a good relevant background why did they put you on the waiting list? I'm waiting for a decision as well however i may not get one before February though.
Original post by SHA1415
Woah! That's amazing! Do you know anyone else who has heard back that fast from LSE? I'm just anxious about it.

I've received an offer from the dept but I applied to the MSc in Media and Comms. Applied on 24/25th nov, got an offer on 17th dec
Reply 10
Original post by masterseeker
I've received an offer from the dept but I applied to the MSc in Media and Comms. Applied on 24/25th nov, got an offer on 17th dec

Congratulations!!! That was fast, maybe they were sending offers fast before January. I'm hoping to get a decision soon. I feel i should have applied for media instead of strategic comm maybe lol. I've heard Strategic comm is difficult to get in.
Original post by SHA1415
Congratulations!!! That was fast, maybe they were sending offers fast before January. I'm hoping to get a decision soon. I feel i should have applied for media instead of strategic comm maybe lol. I've heard Strategic comm is difficult to get in.

Thanks! Yes I was taken aback by how fast I got an offer, I didn't expect to hear back before mid Jan. Goodluck!
Reply 12
Original post by SHA1415
It is super frustrating! i have an offer from St Andrews and what i fail to understand is if they don't want to consider an application or waitlist someone, they should just do it already so the person can decide what to do next. You seem to have a good relevant background why did they put you on the waiting list? I'm waiting for a decision as well however i may not get one before February though.

Check the LSE For You Graduate tracking application. I just got my decision there and didn't receive an email about it, unfortunately, I didn't get accepted. Good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by nk2811
Check the LSE For You Graduate tracking application. I just got my decision there and didn't receive an email about it, unfortunately, I didn't get accepted. Good luck!

Same. Got my decision on friday but didn't receive an email about it. Didn't get accepted either.. Waiting for second choice now. Fingers Crossed!
Original post by SHA1415
Same. Got my decision on friday but didn't receive an email about it. Didn't get accepted either.. Waiting for second choice now. Fingers Crossed!

You got your decision after how many weeks of receiving your LFY ID?
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
You got your decision after how many weeks of receiving your LFY ID?

On October 26th, I received my ID. Waitlisted on November 15th. The final deicison on January 26th
Reply 16
Unlucky, I applied 2 weeks ago, so still a long way to get a response back. May I ask what your professional experiences were and if they were relevant to Strategic Comms? I have a 1st class undergrad degree in business and i have 1.5 years experience in strategic comms, but im still scared lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending