The Student Room Group

Anthropology 2022 entry

Hi,
Was just thinking of making this discussion so we can share ideas about anthropology.

I'm thinking of studying Social Anthropology with Geography at university (at the moment I think Durham, Edinburgh and Manchester are my top choices) but I'm not 100% and still need to do a lot more research into what anthropology is about.

I was thinking we could share resources and uni ideas as well :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I’m considering an anthropology and archeology degree! I’m currently writing my personal statement- have you started yours? :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TheSuckUpStudent
Hey! I’m considering an anthropology and archeology degree! I’m currently writing my personal statement- have you started yours? :smile:

Hi, sorry for the late reply!
I've decided to study straight anthropology and I am going to apply for Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter, Bristol and Manchester.
I have now written my personal statement and am in the process of editing it with my teachers before hopefully sending off my application next week!
How is your application going??
Original post by Izzi42
Hi, sorry for the late reply!
I've decided to study straight anthropology and I am going to apply for Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter, Bristol and Manchester.
I have now written my personal statement and am in the process of editing it with my teachers before hopefully sending off my application next week!
How is your application going??

Oh cool! I’ve decided to do do a liberal arts degree and am hoping to major in anthropology if possible 😄 not sure where I’m applying yet, but the whole process is so stressful! Good luck with your application!!!!!
Reply 4
Hey I've submitted my ucas for anthropology and I'm applying for LSE, UCL, Durham, St Andrews and Bristol. Still haven't got any offers but not too worried yet!
Hey! I submitted my UCAS the week before Christmas and I applied for Bristol, UCL, Manchester, Essex and SOAS. Got an offer for Manchester but no others yet! Any other updates on offers? 😁
Reply 6
I have an offer from Bristol but havent heard from any other unis yet, hoping to get a UCL one in January
Original post by rxbyw
I have an offer from Bristol but havent heard from any other unis yet, hoping to get a UCL one in January

Congrats!! When did u send off ur ucas?
Reply 8
in november! my school made us submit ucas pretty early. what grades did u get btw?? and how did u find making ur ps?
Original post by rxbyw
in november! my school made us submit ucas pretty early. what grades did u get btw?? and how did u find making ur ps?

My predicted is AAB. Icl it was difficult at the beginning when I started writing it and overall I did about 4-5 drafts? Anthro is quite a niche area of study in my opinion so I just talked a lot about why I wanted to study it, things I’ve done to further my interest and just overall showed my passion for the subject. How did u find it? Also what other unis have u applied for?
Reply 10
Original post by anon_261528
My predicted is AAB. Icl it was difficult at the beginning when I started writing it and overall I did about 4-5 drafts? Anthro is quite a niche area of study in my opinion so I just talked a lot about why I wanted to study it, things I’ve done to further my interest and just overall showed my passion for the subject. How did u find it? Also what other unis have u applied for?

thats great! my predicted are a*a*a. yeah prett much same for me i did talk quite a lot abt my travels cos ive travelled quite a lot in my life and i thought theyd b good things to talk abt in my ps. unis ive applied to are lse, ucl, durham, st andrews and bristol but im praying i get london uni offers😭 whats the uni ud like to firm??
Original post by rxbyw
thats great! my predicted are a*a*a. yeah prett much same for me i did talk quite a lot abt my travels cos ive travelled quite a lot in my life and i thought theyd b good things to talk abt in my ps. unis ive applied to are lse, ucl, durham, st andrews and bristol but im praying i get london uni offers😭 whats the uni ud like to firm??

Dw I’m sure u will ur grades are amazing! Are u leaning more towards ldn unis cos of the city or the course? I was really set on Manchester but I’m the most indecisive person lol so I’m kinda still debating that with UCL and Bristol too. Also what a levels do u take?
Reply 12
Original post by anon_261528
Dw I’m sure u will ur grades are amazing! Are u leaning more towards ldn unis cos of the city or the course? I was really set on Manchester but I’m the most indecisive person lol so I’m kinda still debating that with UCL and Bristol too. Also what a levels do u take?

thanks :smile: for both tbh i live in london so its easier to stay and also the london unis im applying for are quite good for this course. lse is top 4th i believe for anthropology in the country. ah u have the offer from manchester which is great anyways! i take biology psychology and religious studies wbu?
Reply 13
hey! i applied for anthropology too x
Reply 14
Original post by swebbyx
hey! i applied for anthropology too x

what unis have u applied to?
Hey there!

I'm starting to get some anthropology offers back - so far, I have Manchester, Birmingham and Oxford Brookes, currently still waiting on Edinburgh and Aberdeen!! I have a few splits chosen out, including anthro/english, anthro/classical studies, or just standard social anthropology :smile:

My predicted grades are ABB, and also an A for EPQ which I have revolved around anthropology (specifically funeral rituals and the concept of death taboo in the media), so if you have any of those Uni options chosen out, I'd love to start a conversation!!
Reply 16
Original post by rxbyw
what unis have u applied to?

Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter, Bristol and sussex. wbu? x
Reply 17
Original post by swebbyx
Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter, Bristol and sussex. wbu? x

Ive applied to durham and bristol too! i got an offer from bristol but im hoping i get an offer from lse or ucl. i also applied to st andrews x
Reply 18
Original post by rxbyw
Ive applied to durham and bristol too! i got an offer from bristol but im hoping i get an offer from lse or ucl. i also applied to st andrews x

omg congrats! I'm really hoping i get another offer soon, my first one was in October so its been such a long wait! x
Reply 19
Original post by swebbyx
omg congrats! I'm really hoping i get another offer soon, my first one was in October so its been such a long wait! x

where did u get an offer from congrats too :smile:
what r ur predicted grades btw?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending