The Student Room Group

ucas offers

hi there!

it has been 2 weeks since i sent my application for sept 2022 but i have not received any offers

i would appreciate if anyone could kindly advise
Reply 1
Most unis haven't even been open over the last 2 weeks, so it's definitely too early to be worrying! I think in a normal year the average wait is about 6 weeks, but some unis are being more cautious this year so it may be longer. Unis have months left to reply though, so it's just a waiting game - an offer is still an offer whether you get it in October or May :smile:
Original post by Parinoor
hi there!

it has been 2 weeks since i sent my application for sept 2022 but i have not received any offers

It's the holidays - give it time!
hi there!

Don't worry about it! It is very normal to not hear back for at a few weeks/months!
Where have you applied? On their websites there is usually a 'post application' section where they give advice on how long it should take to hear back form them. For example, some places will wait until all applications are in on the 26th January before they start to look at giving offers, and some scottish unis e.g. St Andrews or Edi will reply in March.
Reply 4
i have applied to st andrews, stirling, bristol, leeds and reading

Of those, I know that Bristol is usually quite quick to respond. You will probably hear from them by the end of January.
St A will take ages, so don't expect to hear from them until March/April.
I looked at Leed's website and they say 'We typically receive a high number of applications to our courses. We aim to make decisions on applications submitted by the January UCAS deadline by the end of March.

For some subject areas, including business, computing, law and media and communication, we may put your application on hold until after the UCAS deadline before making a final decision to ensure that we treat all applications fairly. This is a normal part of our process and may mean you have to wait a little longer to hear from us, though we will still aim to make a decision by the end of March. For more information about application decisions for these courses, visit the relevant subject webpage.' (from) https://www.leeds.ac.uk/undergraduate-applying/doc/applying-faqs

So it sounds like by March at the latest, but you could hear sooner.
Stirling's website just said that they aim to respond as soon as possible, which is a bit vauge but means you should probably hear in Jan/Feb.
Reading says 'We aim to make a decision on all applications within four weeks, and you will be able to track the progress of your application on UCAS Track.' (from) https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/how-to-apply.aspx

I hope that gives you a clearer idea of what to expect :smile:
Universities have until I think May to reply to applicants, it would be extremely unusual to get offers from all your unis within 2 weeks of applying even if you had applied at a different time - and as noted above unis in the UK will have been closed for the last week and a half at least, and many staff may well still be on annual leave anyway.

The important thing is that you have submitted your application before the deadline, so your application will be considered equally with all others received before the deadline. It may take unis longer or shorter amounts of time to make an offer (or not). I would recommend waiting until you have heard back from all unis before making any decisions - the time you have to decide on your offers starts from when you receive the LAST offer or rejection, so there is no need to rush into anything (likewise, no need or benefit in spending too much time thinking about when you will get replies from the unis for now).
hi there!

Original post by booklover1313
Of those, I know that Bristol is usually quite quick to respond. You will probably hear from them by the end of January.
St A will take ages, so don't expect to hear from them until March/April.
I looked at Leed's website and they say 'We typically receive a high number of applications to our courses. We aim to make decisions on applications submitted by the January UCAS deadline by the end of March.

For some subject areas, including business, computing, law and media and communication, we may put your application on hold until after the UCAS deadline before making a final decision to ensure that we treat all applications fairly. This is a normal part of our process and may mean you have to wait a little longer to hear from us, though we will still aim to make a decision by the end of March. For more information about application decisions for these courses, visit the relevant subject webpage.' (from) https://www.leeds.ac.uk/undergraduate-applying/doc/applying-faqs

So it sounds like by March at the latest, but you could hear sooner.
Stirling's website just said that they aim to respond as soon as possible, which is a bit vauge but means you should probably hear in Jan/Feb.
Reading says 'We aim to make a decision on all applications within four weeks, and you will be able to track the progress of your application on UCAS Track.' (from) https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/how-to-apply.aspx

I hope that gives you a clearer idea of what to expect :smile:

Great information. And your thoughts on Bristol match up with me, I applied on the 6/7th of December and got an offer 2 weeks later on the 21st. My advice to @Parinoor would be no stress for now, especially during the holidays.
hi there!

have you recieved emails from the unis you've applied to saying they have recieved your application? many unis closed a bit before christmas eve and have not opened up again yet. there's still plenty of time for unis to respond so don't worry!! i applied to stirling on the 17th of december and they gave an offer about 4 hours after they recieved my applictaion so i'm sure you will hear back from stirling soon!! good luck
hi there!

you still have ages to wait until to get offers! you have until march!
i sent mine in beginning of november i think? and I've received offers from Oxford Brookes, Manchester and Nottingham for Art history and English (waiting on exeter).
But i know my course doesnt have the same demand as medicine for example!
my advice is just to forget about your application, the offers will come at the most random times!
Good luck x
Original post by jasmine_north
you still have ages to wait until to get offers! you have until march!
i sent mine in beginning of november i think? and I've received offers from Oxford Brookes, Manchester and Nottingham for Art history and English (waiting on exeter).
But i know my course doesnt have the same demand as medicine for example!
my advice is just to forget about your application, the offers will come at the most random times!
Good luck x

Hi,

I am a current 3rd year student at the university of Nottingham.
If you have any questions about the uni, accommodation or city then just let me know,
Emily :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by EmilyClarke24
Hi,

I am a current 3rd year student at the university of Nottingham.
If you have any questions about the uni, accommodation or city then just let me know,
Emily :smile:

thanks emily!i will let uk!

I applied near the deadline last year to St Andrews and Leeds

Those two replies actually took till April....

So you could be waiting a while
Reply 13
i received a reply from St. andrews after 2 months, but I applied in early october so that could be why. guessing it depends on the course as well. i wouldn’t worry!
Reply 14

hello Can I ask what course you applied for, what were your grades and if you have heard back from Bristol yet? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Zechef
hello Can I ask what course you applied for, what were your grades and if you have heard back from Bristol yet? :smile:

For economics
Reply 16
For economics

Hiya can I ask what your GCSEs and a levels were. Thank youuuuu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending