The Student Room Group

year 11 2022 HELP

when is everyone starting to properly revise for gcses? i had my mocks in nov/dec, is everyone just carrying on with revision?
If so, how much is everyone doing per week? i feel like i need to be doing loads but also don't want to be burnt out by april/may lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
HELLO

I am also in Year 11 and I'm starting to revise now. It's the end of the holiday now so I'm starting to be practical and revise now. In my opinion, start with intense revision and then see where you are after your mocks, if you do have any. I have mocks in February, so I'm gonna try and get my grades boosted from 6s and 7s to 8s in everything. That'll leave me a month to get to a 9.
Original post by z4ra.x
HELLO

I am also in Year 11 and I'm starting to revise now. It's the end of the holiday now so I'm starting to be practical and revise now. In my opinion, start with intense revision and then see where you are after your mocks, if you do have any. I have mocks in February, so I'm gonna try and get my grades boosted from 6s and 7s to 8s in everything. That'll leave me a month to get to a 9.

I’ve already had 2 sets of mocks this year so I feel a little burned out. My next set is the end of February. I might try and write a list for every subject with things I struggle with. My predictions are all 8s and 9s with one 7 in English language. I have my own targets though that aren’t as high.
Reply 3
Original post by princesscharli3
I’ve already had 2 sets of mocks this year so I feel a little burned out. My next set is the end of February. I might try and write a list for every subject with things I struggle with. My predictions are all 8s and 9s with one 7 in English language. I have my own targets though that aren’t as high.

Seems like you're doing very well. My lowest predicted grade is also English Language. I struggle with it so badly since my school only started teaching it to us at the start of Year 11.
Original post by z4ra.x
Seems like you're doing very well. My lowest predicted grade is also English Language. I struggle with it so badly since my school only started teaching it to us at the start of Year 11.

Damn that’s late! I feel for you. They’ve been drilling the techniques into us since year 8 but Academy leaders have just come and changed it all 😢. English Language is all about inference and I hate it. Sometimes I’ll be technically correct but because it’s not on the mark scheme it’s not.. it doesn’t help have stubborn teachers who won’t listen to the people above them !!!
Original post by z4ra.x
HELLO

thank you!! after your mocks any ideas how much revision you'll be doing a week?
ive already started, probably done the most ive ever done in this holiday
Reply 7
Original post by ilikecatsig123
thank you!! after your mocks any ideas how much revision you'll be doing a week?

When I come home from school I just go over the work I did in class and try to challenge myself with it. On the weekends, I do around 3 subjects (1-2 hours per subject).
Reply 8
Damn that’s late! I feel for you. They’ve been drilling the techniques into us since year 8 but Academy leaders have just come and changed it all 😢. English Language is all about inference and I hate it. Sometimes I’ll be technically correct but because it’s not on the mark scheme it’s not.. it doesn’t help have stubborn teachers who won’t listen to the people above them !!!

EXACTLY. I've just been looking at the mark scheme to adapt to the way they expect us to answer the question. It's the best I can do at the moment :/ Good luck though, I know you'll do better than me!
Original post by z4ra.x
EXACTLY. I've just been looking at the mark scheme to adapt to the way they expect us to answer the question. It's the best I can do at the moment :/ Good luck though, I know you'll do better than me!

Haha nooo but yeah it’s tricky to revise for.
Haha nooo but yeah it’s tricky to revise for.

yh it is but u can work on your vocabulary and do practice questions
I’ve started to revise now is it too late ?
Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox
I’ve started to revise now is it too late ?

nah u have loads of time
Original post by jamest0394q
ive already started, probably done the most ive ever done in this holiday

Same tbh 😩😭
Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox
Same tbh 😩😭

yh idk what happened ive been really motivated to revise recently
Original post by jamest0394q
yh idk what happened ive been really motivated to revise recently

I just do it for academic rivalry but I’m sure the information will stick with you for longer because you actually are motivated 😮*💨
Original post by ilikecatsig123
when is everyone starting to properly revise for gcses? i had my mocks in nov/dec, is everyone just carrying on with revision?
If so, how much is everyone doing per week? i feel like i need to be doing loads but also don't want to be burnt out by april/may lol

haha I have mocks in 3 days so idk what im doing here, I am personally revising unit they end in mid January then taking a week or so off before re-starting
I can’t lie, I started a few weeks ago, after the Christmas half term and i wish I started earlier, I’d say start asap especially if you know ur gonna procrastinate a lot, im personally not doing any timetables because I have serious commitment issues with literally everything haha but I just made a checklist for all my subject contents and I do as many topics as I can, if ur doing the same exam boards as me, I can send them to you if it’ll help :smile:))
I haven't started even thinking about revising 😂
I might sort of do a subject or two a week because I never really properly revised so any more just will not be realistic.
I had mocks in December (fingers crossed when the grades come in next week) and I have started to revise after a day or two back. I feel like if I start now I can cover more and especially after mocks can see what I need extra work on. I do have a revision timetable as it helps me to stay in track and not procrastinate. It also helps me split my subjects easily otherwise I don’t think I would ever revise English language. I’m predicted all 7’s in English and 8/9 in everything else. So far this has worked for me and I’m seeing results in my exams. I feel that if you start not you cannot feel like you shouldn’t started earlier in may

Quick Reply

Latest