The Student Room Group

Question about PwC Flying Start Degree Apprenticeship Salary

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gent2324
i have an offer for kpmg apprenticeship this year, didnt apply to pwc as they didnt have any roles in my area, tbh i thought the flying starts were the same difficulty to get into as their apprenticeships, my friend rejected a mid-tier apprenticeship for pwc flying start

That’s gr8,,,,,,,congratulations!!!
Original post by ajj2000
I think the big attractions of flying start are the guaranteed work experience (all during busy season so lots going on) plus maximum exemptions.

You also get summers off which you wouldn’t as an apprentice so if you want to travel that’s pretty attractive. You also get the experience of being at university.

Spot on!!!
12k-14k is wrong. Well... it depends on where you live, living expenses and the company you are with. At the big4, you can earn from £17,000-£22,000, in your first year.
Original post by Cakes_0071
12k-14k is wrong. Well... it depends on where you live, living expenses and the company you are with. At the big4, you can earn from £17,000-£22,000, in your first year.

No it’s not, at the pwc technology degree apprenticeship where you go to uni full time and work for them in the summers, 12-14k is approximately accurate
so what did u end up doing, did u follow up with the course or switch
What was the interview process like?
Original post by Purplepink9999
What was the interview process like?

Apart from the game assessment, the interview is fine they have simple maths, mainly checking social capability and how well u work together dont take a back seat but dont be agressive, in other words give input but also listen, ask questions etc, quite easy from my pov
Original post by Hzaman789
Apart from the game assessment, the interview is fine they have simple maths, mainly checking social capability and how well u work together dont take a back seat but dont be agressive, in other words give input but also listen, ask questions etc, quite easy from my pov

I'm tryna prepare for the assessment for 2022, was the maths and the other 3 tests timed individually or one block? And if so how long was the time?
Would appreciate a reply, thanks!
Original post by Coderanj
I'm tryna prepare for the assessment for 2022, was the maths and the other 3 tests timed individually or one block? And if so how long was the time?
Would appreciate a reply, thanks!

So for mine the first game asessment was timed only on the activities so u can pause and wait inbetween, and for the maths part it was timed for abt 20 mins, apart from that Im not sure of the other 3 tests, since I didnt have to do them
So for mine the first game asessment was timed only on the activities so u can pause and wait inbetween, and for the maths part it was timed for abt 20 mins, apart from that Im not sure of the other 3 tests, since I didnt have to do them

Thanks and how come you didn't do the others btw?
Original post by Coderanj
Thanks and how come you didn't do the others btw?

Most likely due to pandemic, I suppose. All we did was game assessment, video interview prerecorded, then interview with peers in fake group project
Reply 31
Hey, I plan on applying for a 2022 place too, if you don't mind me asking what do you actually do in the game assessment and what sort of maths was tested in the assessment? Thanks!
Original post by cyroo
Hey, I plan on applying for a 2022 place too, if you don't mind me asking what do you actually do in the game assessment and what sort of maths was tested in the

the maths is basically reading graphs quickly and answering questions using percentages and stuff. The rest of it is some luck like testing u taking risks, and other stuff thats hard to explain but u can fins it online
Applying for a 2022 place! Hope I get in 😁
Hi, are you an international student or UK national? How difficult is it for international student to get into the Flying four Accounting programme?
I did it like a week ago! It was very interactive, just would say spare 2 hrs to do it. The maths questions were easy BUT THE TIMING FOR THAT IS RIDICULOUSLY SHORT. So by the end I had to just guess the Qs! And trust me on that, I thought I d be fine because I do maths but yeah! Just know percentage change and ratios basic stuff! What unis u applying to?
samebest of luck you too. btw which univ?
Original post by Harini6patel
I did it like a week ago! It was very interactive, just would say spare 2 hrs to do it. The maths questions were easy BUT THE TIMING FOR THAT IS RIDICULOUSLY SHORT. So by the end I had to just guess the Qs! And trust me on that, I thought I d be fine because I do maths but yeah! Just know percentage change and ratios basic stuff! What unis u applying to?

notts, manchester, newcastle and reading for pwc, wby and r u an international student? Have u cleared ur Video interview
Are video interviews mandatory?
Original post by rabiii07
Are video interviews mandatory?

Yes they are, post the game based asessment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending