The Student Room Group

Barts and the London (QMUL) A101 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Do we think it’ll be this week…?
Original post by dennm078
Do we think it’ll be this week…?

Almost definitely. In the webinar they said they would try to get everything our by Christmas but that if they didn't manage it it would would be this week at the latest.

I (can't believe I) got an invite for A100 on the 22nd December so they're definitely on it. <3
Original post by nyckelharpa
Almost definitely. In the webinar they said they would try to get everything our by Christmas but that if they didn't manage it it would would be this week at the latest.

I (can't believe I) got an invite for A100 on the 22nd December so they're definitely on it. <3

Congrats!!! What are your stats?
Original post by melina123971
Congrats!!! What are your stats?

UCAT 2840 B2
UCAS tariff 300 (A-levels: A*, A , A, A, B; 2 x Grade 8 instruments)
4 year BMus(Hons) 2:1 ( I mention the length because they specifically asked for clarification. I don't know if they're counting it as a Master's because of the "Honours" bit)

That’s fantastic, congrats!
Original post by dennm078
That’s fantastic, congrats!

Thanks! :smile:
I think I'm going to get rejected :frown: i haven't heard from A101 or A100
it's a shame because i'm already a qmul student :frown:
Please end our pain 😭 email Email EMAIL
no news is good news! let's hang in there - we got this :smile:
Original post by carrotmuncher
no news is good news! let's hang in there - we got this :smile:

On the other QMUL threda (for A101 and A100) somebody mentioned they contacted the office and apparently they are aiming to send out info (shortlisting, interviews, etc.) by the 7th of January. Fingers crossed we all get an interview!
Reply 70
Dumb question, but what exactly is the distinction between being short-listed and being invited to interview? Or are they the same? Thanks!
Original post by anony13
Dumb question, but what exactly is the distinction between being short-listed and being invited to interview? Or are they the same? Thanks!

Shortlisting means they email you I think saying they intend to email you - it might be a different email from the actual interview offer email. For example, I have seen other universities say things along the lines of "we want to interview you but have no spots until [other month] and will contact you closer to that date to confirm an interview time", etc.

But yeah basically same thing - for statistics purposes it may differ as they might shortlist lets say 100 people, but maybe 5 will decline to interview for whatever reason as a random example (then the # would vary for internal statistics).
Reply 72
Original post by vasya_99
Shortlisting means they email you I think saying they intend to email you - it might be a different email from the actual interview offer email. For example, I have seen other universities say things along the lines of "we want to interview you but have no spots until [other month] and will contact you closer to that date to confirm an interview time", etc.

But yeah basically same thing - for statistics purposes it may differ as they might shortlist lets say 100 people, but maybe 5 will decline to interview for whatever reason as a random example (then the # would vary for internal statistics).

That's fab. Thank you for clarifying!
I really thought we'd hear back today for sure, since they said by the 7th :/
Same :frown: I’ve been checking my emails constantly, I thought it’d be today
(edited 2 years ago)
Someone on the A100 thread posted about having received an interview invite today. I guess there’s just a huge load to plough through. Tomorrow it is!
Someone on the A100 thread posted about having received an interview invite today. I guess there’s just a huge load to plough through. Tomorrow it is!

🤞
Good luck everyone. Let’s hope they hit their deadline of tomorrow!
Original post by Medswlon
🤞
Good luck everyone. Let’s hope they hit their deadline of tomorrow!

I am hoping it doesn't get delayed again, I'm so anxious to receive an email at this point with either an interview offer or rejection :crossedf:
sorry to be the bearer of bad news i emailed them and they said they aim to inform everyone by jan 14th now
Original post by futuremedic1
sorry to be the bearer of bad news i emailed them and they said they aim to inform everyone by jan 14th now

Thanks for letting us know…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending